Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't even get gas these days without some asshole confronting me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Can't even get gas these days without some asshole confronting me

This just happened at 11am today:

I went to a Shell station to get gas. I was minding my own business, pumping the gas, when some Mexican kid (I'd say he was about 22) approached me. He was wearing a pink shirt representing some company.

"Hi sir, did you see the display we had out front?"

"No, I didn't," I replied.

"You didn't? Wow. Okay, well, I want to show you what this cleaning product can do... [blah blah blah]," and then he suddenly sprays this shit on my car and starts wiping it with a dirty rag. I couldn't believe this. I have a new car and I don't want randoms just showing up spraying their miracle chemical on it (and wiping with a rag that's probably been used on 20 other cars today).

I'm standing there in disbelief, and then he's about to spray again.

"So, then if I spray some more over here..."

I stopped him.

"I'm sorry, I'm not interested," I said politely. "Please don't spray that on my car again."

"Don't spray it on your car?!", he shot back at me in an angry tone of voice. "You don't even know what it is!"

"Again, I'm not interested. I'm sorry."

"(angry sigh) Whatever, dude."

He walked away really pissed off, continuously glaring back at me as he made his way back toward his outdoor desk. I looked over and noticed that, indeed there was a display for the product, set up in the parking lot. This was either owned by the station or they got some permission to be there.

I was frustrated by all of this, so I went inside and asked the cashier if the vendor had permission to be there. The cashier told me that the station owner "gave permission" for them to be there. I asked for the station owner's phone #, but he wouldn't give it to me. I settled for leaving my number and asked to be called back.

I walked back out, and the kid confronted me.

"You got something to say to me? Huh? You got something to say?!"

Before I could respond, he continued.

"I don't work for those guys in there. I work for this (pointing to his shirt). Those guys ain't got nothin' to do with me. So you got something to say?"

I answered, "If you don't work for the guys in there, you shouldn't care what I say to them."

I wasn't sure if this kid was going to respond by trying to punch me, but I was ready for it, and wasn't going to back down here.

He thought about what to do for a few seconds, then sarcastically said, "Yeah, well I hope your day gets better," and walked away.

I got home and decided to track down the manufacturer of the product, which I hadn't heard of before. He was wearing their shirt, so I figured they would be interested in hearing this story.

One of the owners answered the phone (it's a small company located out of state), and told me that this guy didn't directly work for them. "It's someone who buys our product and resells it. But still, this really gets me angry to hear. I can't have people wearing our company's shirt representing us like that. I'm going to take care of this."

He later remarked to me, "If this happened to me, I probably would have taken a baseball bat out of my car and hit him with it. I'm going to track down who is reselling our stuff at that gas station, and tell them that if they don't fire that guy immediately, I'm going to stop shipping them our product. I'm going to take care of this, don't worry. This is not going to continue."

The company owner seemed legitimately angry about this story, and I believed he was going to do what he said. Good for him, and I'm not even going to post the name of the cleaning product, because I don't want this story appearing on google and harming them.

But wow... I was minding my own business, tried to be as polite as possible, and this bullshit still occurred.

Load Metric

Just kidding. I feel like you should consider yourself lucky that th 22 year old Mexican approaching you at a gas station in Cali didn't just shoot you and steal the car.

Load Metric
    in keeping with the Duel theme this week, should have circled around the station and plowed through his display with your car IMO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    in keeping with the Duel theme this week, should have circled around the station and plowed through his display with your car IMO.
    Don't worry. Druff is on his way home to get his rifle.

Comments

Sanlmar: Classic

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This just happened at 11am today:

I went to a Shell station to get gas. I was minding my own business, pumping the gas, when some Mexican kid (I'd say he was about 22) approached me. He was wearing a pink shirt representing some company.

"Hi sir, did you see the display we had out front?"

"No, I didn't," I replied.

"You didn't? Wow. Okay, well, I want to show you what this cleaning product can do... [blah blah blah]," and then he suddenly sprays this shit on my car and starts wiping it with a dirty rag. I couldn't believe this. I have a new car and I don't want randoms just showing up spraying their miracle chemical on it (and wiping with a rag that's probably been used on 20 other cars today).

I'm standing there in disbelief, and then he's about to spray again.

"So, then if I spray some more over here..."

I stopped him.

"I'm sorry, I'm not interested," I said politely. "Please don't spray that on my car again."

"Don't spray it on your car?!", he shot back at me in an angry tone of voice. "You don't even know what it is!"

"Again, I'm not interested. I'm sorry."

"(angry sigh) Whatever, dude."

He walked away really pissed off, continuously glaring back at me as he made his way back toward his outdoor desk. I looked over and noticed that, indeed there was a display for the product, set up in the parking lot. This was either owned by the station or they got some permission to be there.

I was frustrated by all of this, so I went inside and asked the cashier if the vendor had permission to be there. The cashier told me that the station owner "gave permission" for them to be there. I asked for the station owner's phone #, but he wouldn't give it to me. I settled for leaving my number and asked to be called back.

I walked back out, and the kid confronted me.

"You got something to say to me? Huh? You got something to say?!"

Before I could respond, he continued.

"I don't work for those guys in there. I work for this (pointing to his shirt). Those guys ain't got nothin' to do with me. So you got something to say?"

I answered, "If you don't work for the guys in there, you shouldn't care what I say to them."

I wasn't sure if this kid was going to respond by trying to punch me, but I was ready for it, and wasn't going to back down here.

He thought about what to do for a few seconds, then sarcastically said, "Yeah, well I hope your day gets better," and walked away.

I got home and decided to track down the manufacturer of the product, which I hadn't heard of before. He was wearing their shirt, so I figured they would be interested in hearing this story.

One of the owners answered the phone (it's a small company located out of state), and told me that this guy didn't directly work for them. "It's someone who buys our product and resells it. But still, this really gets me angry to hear. I can't have people wearing our company's shirt representing us like that. I'm going to take care of this."

He later remarked to me, "If this happened to me, I probably would have taken a baseball bat out of my car and hit the little beaner with it. I'm going to track down who is reselling our stuff at that gas station, and tell them that if they don't fire that guy immediately, I'm going to stop shipping them our product. I'm going to take care of this, don't worry. This is not going to continue."

The company owner seemed legitimately angry about this story, and I believed he was going to do what he said. Good for him, and I'm not even going to post the name of the cleaning product, because I don't want this story appearing on google and harming them.

But wow... I was minding my own business, tried to be as polite as possible, and this bullshit still occurred.

Surely you must have told the owner an exaggerated version of events. You have him on unwarranted use of cleaning supplies(which I assume if you asked the owner was exactly what he was supposed to be doing), and saying "You've got something to say"?

Wouldn't doubt though that he was a prick and probably the kind of asshole that has people put the tomatoes directly into the sandwich.

Load Metric
    Druff if you keep dealing with people like this in person (ie if this was a telemarketer sure screw with him) this will end badly one day.

Sure the other guy might go to jail for murder/attempted murder/assault...but that's not going to help if you're in the hospital or dead.

IMO I wouldn't screw with low class citizens in Cali/Nevada.

Comments

Deal: Solid Advice. Getting into these situations is not worth the traffic hits when you write about them.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This type of stuff happens to all of us every day. The only difference is for 99% of people the story ends when we politely (or rudely) tell the kid to go away. We get in our cars, drive off, go back to our lives, and don't give the event a second thought.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If this guy acts like this to you he's doing it to several people so I'm surprised the gas station employee don't come outside and tell him to gtfo off the property or he is calling the police for unauthorized solicitation.

The last thing any business owner wants is someone trying to sell stuff on their property causing their customers to get pissed in fear they might not come back.

Also, if you own a business you have overhead so you don't want some idiot making money from your business front without any cost to them while you continue to pay.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    If this guy acts like this to you he's doing it to several people so I'm surprised the gas station employee don't come outside and tell him to gtfo off the property or he is calling the police for unauthorized solicitation.

The last thing any business owner wants is someone trying to sell stuff on their property causing their customers to get pissed in fear they might not come back.

Also, if you own a business you have overhead so you don't want some idiot making money from your business front without any cost to them while you continue to pay.
    The gas station owner probably gets paid some percentage of whatever sales they make, or perhaps he's friends with the affiliate who is selling these.

This kid was obviously some low-life they hired who gets paid on commission, and took it personally when I cut him off and didn't want to let him deliver the rest of his high-pressure sales routine.

Employees who work on commission are always the worst (and most likely to abuse customers), as they don't give a shit about the brand, and only are interested in harassing people into buying their products. Once you turn down a commissioned salesperson, they often lash out at you, as you are clearly no longer of "use" to them (i.e. they know they're never making a sale to you).

I wasn't sure if the gas station owner would give a shit about the situation. I don't even know if he'll call me back. Clearly this thing makes money for him, so he may not care if the occasional customer gets pissed. I figured I'd have better luck with the company manufacturing the product, and indeed it looks like I did.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    when some Mexican kid (I'd say he was about 22) .
    Where's Chico Loco when you need him?
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The gas station owner probably gets paid some percentage of whatever sales they make, or perhaps he's friends with the affiliate who is selling these.

This kid was obviously some low-life they hired who gets paid on commission, and took it personally when I cut him off and didn't want to let him deliver the rest of his high-pressure sales routine.

Employees who work on commission are always the worst (and most likely to abuse customers), as they don't give a shit about the brand, and only are interested in harassing people into buying their products. Once you turn down a commissioned salesperson, they often lash out at you, as you are clearly no longer of "use" to them (i.e. they know they're never making a sale to you).

I wasn't sure if the gas station owner would give a shit about the situation. I don't even know if he'll call me back. Clearly this thing makes money for him, so he may not care if the occasional customer gets pissed. I figured I'd have better luck with the company manufacturing the product, and indeed it looks like I did.
    Depends on the job. Several years ago I worked a few various commission jobs but nothing like what this guy is doing and more of the type that people came to me with interest instead of me trying to sell to people who don't even want to hear about it. I really have no patience with telemarketers or people who knock on my door trying to sell something I usually just ignore them and they go away.

That makes sense if the gas station owner gets paid some but if this salesman sends customers away now or they don't come back in the future then in the end it might not be worth it but their are times when people try to sell in places they aren't allowed just the employee(s) working at the time are too lazy to care about telling the person to leave.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Jesus Christ.

What kind of new car do you have now druff?

Load Metric

This kid needs to find a new profession.
    Sales are not in his future.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    This type of stuff happens to all of us every day. The only difference is for 99% of people the story ends when we politely (or rudely) tell the kid to go away. We get in our cars, drive off, go back to our lives, and don't give the event a second thought.

I don't get why you [Druff] always have to speak to someone above the employee about these things, it elevates the situation to these levels and it never ends good for anyone. I dislike poor service or rude behavior as much as anyone, but I don't let it consume me to the point where I'm leaving my phone #, making anonymous calls to the front desk, or calling a deli/subway/massage/ToysRUs 4 times and speaking to three different people. Sometimes you just gotta let assholes be assholes and move on, its not worth the time and energy to get someone making $8/hour yelled at, or worse fired and then holding a grudge against you for the rest of their life --do that enough and eventually you'll have one crack and hunt you down.

Also, commission sales people are not the worst to deal with, that honor easily goes to the people who go door to door with petitions and other nonsense.

Comments

Poke*her*face: couldn't have said it better myself
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Druff's gonna Druff. If it hasn't killed him yet it likely won't. Regardless, all his fucked up stories still make a good read.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Druff's gonna Druff. If it hasn't killed him yet it likely won't. Regardless, all his fucked up stories still make a good read.
    Pooh has a great point. Druff you need to come off of some jew gold and buy the Google Glass. You could become the king of youtube with the random shit that you go through. Then on Coachella and Burning Man weekends you can loan the glasses to Ken Scalir.

:makeitso

Load Metric

As a commisioned sales person thats a really broad statement. Thats like saying all black people eat chicken and watermelon. I do remember going to a timeshare a while ago, and the lady was super nice, and once she realized we werent buying shit she completely flipped into a raging bitch. STFU bitch and give me my free disney tickets.

Comments

nunbeater: all black people eat chicken and watermelon you fucking faggot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

I don't get why you [Druff] always have to speak to someone above the employee about these things, it elevates the situation to these levels and it never ends good for anyone. I dislike poor service or rude behavior as much as anyone, but I don't let it consume me to the point where I'm leaving my phone #, making anonymous calls to the front desk, or calling a deli/subway/massage/ToysRUs 4 times and speaking to three different people. Sometimes you just gotta let assholes be assholes and move on, its not worth the time and energy to get someone making $8/hour yelled at, or worse fired and then holding a grudge against you for the rest of their life --do that enough and eventually you'll have one crack and hunt you down.

Also, commission sales people are not the worst to deal with, that honor easily goes to the people who go door to door with petitions and other nonsense.
    I agree that Druff goes overboard on shit, but not in this case. To have a new car and some moron sprays something on it is border criminal and at the very least deserves a pistol whipping (see my I need a gun thread dont fuck with Shady) Theres a big difference between someone bothering you with words like at the mall, and touching your shit. I almost backhanded a bitch for spraying me with cologne at the mall.

Load Metric
    Weird, I was just browsing another forum I frequent and I saw a topic titled "Can't even sell cleaning product without some whiny Jew confronting me". Do you think it could be related?

Comments

Deal: citation?

4Dragons: tough but fair
    TRUMP 2024!

Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

The guy was spraying some mystery liquid all over his car, and he politely asks him to stop, then the guy gets cunty. He's supposed to just walk away and forget about it? No. 95% of the time I think Druff is wrong in these situations. This is part of the 5%. He handled the situation far better than I would have. There is a time to walk away and forget. There is also a time to confront and crush balls. This situation called for the latter. I can't believe any of you would be fine with some little spic spraying some random liquid all over your car and getting cunty when politely asked to stop. Then again, this is the same crowd who gets rolled for thousands of dollars on a yearly basis. How many times has Druff been rolled?

Comments

nunbeater: little spic spraying random liquid and getting cunty rep yo
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Vegas is there any chance I can buy you some steaks and mail them to you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    I do believe Iraq was a huge mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Why the fuck is the world (cough US) allowing these backward fuckers have nukes.

Thread Information