Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Esfandiari bets he can go without sex for a year

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Antonio Esfandiari bets he can go without sex for a year

From "Webjoker" on 2+2:

Bill Perkins, Antonio Esfandiari and Jeff Gross are hanging around in Stockholm and made some propbets. First Perkins bet Esfandiari $25k he couldn't go without bread for a year. Esfandiari accepted, but bought out for $5k five minutes later.

And then Perkins tweeted this, so that's that:

Bill Perkins (Guy) ‏@bp22
    Big bet again.....antonio esfandiari no sex no release of any kind for one year...can he make it? @Jgross5 @MagicAntonio @PokerNews
    A little bit confusing, though.

"No sex no release" sounds like he can't even jerk off, which would be very hard to do for 1 year. No intercourse is a lot more doable if the sum of money is large enough. A lot of guys are stuck in that boat involuntarily, anyway.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    "No sex no release" sounds like he can't even jerk off, which would be very hard to do for 1 year. No intercourse is a lot more doable if the sum of money is large enough. A lot of guys are stuck in that boat involuntarily, anyway.
    yeah no way anyone could survive a whole year without shooting their load. no mention of how much for? gotta be more than 25k surely? as for guys stuck in that boat involuntarily...

Comments

BUBBLES:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I brought this topic up in my latest blog. I know many people don't probably watch it which is fine but I present a question up that I would like people to comment on.

If you are a young guy 34 years old who has money, is considered a good looking guy to females, and hangs around in a social circle with a lot of well known people what kind of odds would you need to take this bet?

Unlike Greg Raymer, Antonio can get laid by lots of very fine females without having to pay for it except your standard dinner and drinks so with that said I believe he would need to stand to make ton of money off this prop bet in order to even take it.

I can see Antonio working in a buy out clause with Bill Perkins whose a billionaire that don't need the money but still I wonder the odds?

In my blog clip I threw out 50 to 1 thinking that would be what I would want maybe like $200k to get $10 mil if I was Antonio.

Now $10 million to Bill Perkins isn't a lot of money and he does this for entertainment purposes watching Antonio sweat it out but still I am wondering the deal since I haven't seen any financials revealed except for them saying it was for a big amount.

Also, how do you verify this as Bill can't have someone watching Antonio 24/7.

I just wonder the odds Antonio got because even though I say 50:1 I doubt he gets that good but anything worse then 20:1 is just awful for him.

Load Metric
    I do this all the time. Nobody ever gives me $25k for it
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    So is this what 2+2 cares about this month, in 2013. So glad they did me the favor with the lifetime ban.

He didn't really win all that money, why do you think his entourage was so big who rushed the stage during the 1 drop?

He chopped all that and therefore is very far imo from the "most winning" poker player in the world. Pathetic really, Antonio benefited from a lot, like being friends with Michael Phelps! That doesn't make him a great poker player, that just make him cool.

I would play him heads up, 11 times, this site would probably be amazed at the outcome!

Comments

Sloppy Joe: This might be your worst post ever. Congrats?

ftpjesus: [plain]Why would be surprised if you happened to luck sack a couple wins reality is a high majority you get pwned by Esfandiari, but out of fairness he gets to scout you as much as you have him on TV. Hence why pros get pwned by Joes alot in poker[/p
    Last edited by garrett; 08-13-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Load Metric
    How could this bet ever be verified?

I assume that 'no release' means voluntary, as eventually I think that a grown man would likely just have the equivalent of a wet dream due to build up.

A year is too long. I would try it for the right price (no idea what) but it would be awful, mainly the mental part of it.

Load Metric
    Sloppy Joe keep trolling, You make the fundamental mistake of so many.

You don't know someone, so you by default think they just can not play. I broke Antonios game down, a lot. He has a big bluff range with a certain amount effective. I am not going to allow others to know when to call him down but, your making a fool of yourself by continuing to troll my posts, Sloppy Joe.

And Cmoney staked you in the WSOP, is that true sloppy joe. Where did you finish in the MAin "Sloppy Joe". How many peoples ranges did you break down?

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Just saw -299 from reading old thread, couldn't resist

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

You don't know someone, so you by default think they just can not play. I broke Antonios game down, a lot. He has a big bluff range with a certain amount effective. I am not going to allow others to know when to call him down but, your making a fool of yourself by continuing to troll my posts, Sloppy Joe.

And Cmoney staked you in the WSOP, is that true sloppy joe. Where did you finish in the MAin "Sloppy Joe". How many peoples ranges did you break down?
    I don't understand anything that you wrote

Load Metric
    So is this what 2+2 cares about this month, in 2013. So glad they did me the favor with the lifetime ban.

He didn't really win all that money, why do you think his entourage was so big who rushed the stage during the 1 drop?

He chopped all that and therefore is very far imo from the "most winning" poker player in the world. Pathetic really, Antonio benefited from a lot, like being friends with Michael Phelps! That doesn't make him a great poker player, that just make him cool.

I would play him heads up, 11 times, this site would probably be amazed at the outcome!

http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric

You can do an analysis of Esfandiari's tweets from one drop and see that he probably had a lot more of it than you're assuming he did.

Also, keep reaching for the stars kid.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

You can do an analysis of Esfandiari's tweets from one drop and see that he probably had a lot more of it than you're assuming he did.

Also, keep reaching for the stars kid.
    The analysis came from the whole card review it wasn't random.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I don't understand anything that you wrote
    Don't worry about what i wrote.

Since you were lucky enough to get a cmoney stake, tell us what exactly you saw, or see in Antonio's game.

Load Metric
    This thread just confirms, the poker world wants to continue to fill "vegas" and the rest of the gambling world with "cool" kids.

Who obviously are just as good a player as they are cool. Think about that logic please!

I think the real names are ones no one even knows yet.

Load Metric
    garrett you should snap-reg any mtt antonio enters and play every pot possible with him since it is obvious you will crush him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    garrett you should snap-reg any mtt antonio enters and play every pot possible with him since it is obvious you will crush him.
    I said heads up, that changes the math in the cards, and the decisions based on each others actions. I could make him fault.

Load Metric
    TRUMP 2024!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    "No release" clearly means jerking off included.

For a guy like Antonio who can probably get laid on call, and has been used to it for a while that would be next to impossible to hold out for that long. The odds would have to be astronomical for him to even attempt it.

It is a loser all the way around IMO.

I would suggest a sliding scale payout structure, like if he goes 3 months it is X to 1 odds, 6 months X to 1 odds, and so on. He won't make it a year, and he is pretty much flushing money down the toilet if it is year or nothing.

Load Metric
    Let me explain this to you all, it includes Mr Ivey and Tom Dwan, both from jersey. Like me.

You go home, to A.C and jersye because it is home. The rest of you dawg me like some chump and im lost. I would play Antonio Esfandiari HU , but id rather you all and others couldnt see it. Your opinion would skew the end result.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    From "Webjoker" on 2+2:

Bill Perkins, Antonio Esfandiari and Jeff Gross are hanging around in Stockholm and made some propbets. First Perkins bet Esfandiari $25k he couldn't go without bread for a year. Esfandiari accepted, but bought out for $5k five minutes later.

And then Perkins tweeted this, so that's that:

A little bit confusing, though.

quite a few pfa members would be a lock

Load Metric
    It's possible they meant "no release" to mean "no release with somebody else". Saying "no sex" is subjective. What about if he gets a blowjob. Some people would consider that sex, and others wouldn't. Saying "no release" would mean he can't get a hand job from somebody else, blowjob, etc.
    TRUMP 2024!

Thread Information