View Poll Results: Which team will finish with the better regular season record in 2013?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dodgers

9 37.50%
  • Cardinals

5 20.83%
  • Don't know / don't care

10 41.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking even money bets that the Dodgers will finish with a better regular season record than the Cardinals

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Taking even money bets that the Dodgers will finish with a better regular season record than the Cardinals

The Dodgers are 68-50. Cardinals are 67-50.

Dodgers have scored 41 more runs than allowed, while Cardinals have scored 140 more runs than allowed.

Dodgers have been red hot over the past 7 weeks, while the Cardinals have been mediocre at best.

I think it will be close as to who finishes with the best record, but I like the Dodgers for this.

If you want to bet me at even money that the Cardinals finish with the better regular season record, post the amount you want to bet in this thread. I will post if I accept the bet (which I will as long as you can send me the money first, and it's not too much).

This is open until Friday, at which point I will either renew it or close it (for example, if Puig went out for the season tomorrow, I wouldn't like this bet anymore).

Also feel free to answer the poll question.

Load Metric
    hmm this takes a little research, the Dodgers are on the uptick.

Regular season record is a smart play tho because when it comes to baseball, the playoffs is a short-run game. Regular season is long-run oriented. So the long-run results in this scenario, is a very smart play, this would be close.

Also you now have Matt Kemp coming back, slight pitching edge goes to STL.

Load Metric
    i'm counting on the cards playing well down the stretch after calling up michael wacha, carlos martinez, kolten wong, & oscar tavares

in for $50 obv

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    i'm counting on the cards playing well down the stretch after calling up michael wacha, carlos martinez, kolten wong, & oscar tavares

in for $50 obv
    Carlos Martinez is highly regarded but has been pretty bad so far in his outings this season.

I mainly like the Dodgers here because 4/5 of their rotation is really good (Kershaw-Greinke-Ryu-Nolasco), and their hitting is good enough to put a decent number of runs on the board, even without Kemp and whoever else is suffering an injury-du-jour on that team. I mean, Hanley went down a week ago and they are still winning.

Load Metric
    I'm in for a $20 spot just for shits and giggles if you want?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Druff must have some huge balls to offer this bet that he is a big favorite to win. Dodgers 21-3 since break and Cardinals are 10-15. Cardinals play in much tougher division also. Dodgers schedule rest of the way is easy. How the hell are you only offering even money? Sucker bet. I hope Willie wins, but I refuse to let you accumulate any more jew gold off of me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SchoenfeldsJawMuscles View Post
    Druff must have some huge balls to offer this bet that he is a big favorite to win. Dodgers 21-3 since break and Cardinals are 10-15. Cardinals play in much tougher division also. Dodgers schedule rest of the way is easy. How the hell are you only offering even money? Sucker bet. I hope Willie wins, but I refuse to let you accumulate any more jew gold off of me.

I would think the Cards are not even money...they are 1 game back of the Dodgers but their most valuable position player, Molina the catcher, went on the 15 day disabled list on 8/11 and is not expected back until the end of August.

More fair would be any of the other division leaders in either league
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    LOL at Todd creating action now. He wouldn't bet me $20 that the Dodgers would have a better record than the Angels about 2 months ago when both teams had identical records.
    Last edited by Bootsy Collins; 08-13-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    hmm this takes a little research, the Dodgers are on the uptick.

Regular season record is a smart play tho because when it comes to baseball, the playoffs is a short-run game. Regular season is long-run oriented. So the long-run results in this scenario, is a very smart play, this would be close.

Also you now have Matt Kemp coming back, slight pitching edge goes to STL.
    Yup,
    I'd take the Dodgers if I could.
    After that TB game Friday night, they have the magic this year.

I took the Mets tonight though, Harvey @ +1.18??

Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/LangoschMLB/status/367798510629826561

Oscar Taveras to have season-ending surgical procedure on his right ankle next week.

Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/LangoschMLB/status/367798510629826561

Oscar Taveras to have season-ending surgical procedure on his right ankle next week.
    Name:  bucco-laugh-o.gif
Views: 411
Size:  1.67 MB

Load Metric
    St Louis will finish 3rd in there own division. LOL at that Gas Can Westbrooke the guy has more walks then strike outs. I wouldn't let this pos pitch against a legion team. Now this Jap at second base wang chong lol!! Teams a disaster. It's the Pirates year to win the division.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post
    St Louis will finish 3rd in there own division. LOL at that Gas Can Westbrooke the guy has more walks then strike outs. I wouldn't let this pos pitch against a legion team. Now this Jap at second base wang chong lol!! Teams a disaster. It's the Pirates year to win the division.

Pretty cocky for having a 2 game lead in the division. I guess when your team hasn't had a winning record since '92 you have to get your shit talking in when you can. Congratulations on being able to watch baseball again.

Comments

badguy23: bad bad dupe and go back to april when i said pirates slap nut

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Dodgers have scored 41 more runs than allowed, while Cardinals have scored 140 more runs than allowed.

Dodgers have been red hot over the past 7 weeks, while the Cardinals have been mediocre at best.

I think it will be close as to who finishes with the best record, but I like the Dodgers for this.

If you want to bet me at even money that the Cardinals finish with the better regular season record, post the amount you want to bet in this thread. I will post if I accept the bet (which I will as long as you can send me the money first, and it's not too much).

This is open until Friday, at which point I will either renew it or close it (for example, if Puig went out for the season tomorrow, I wouldn't like this bet anymore).

Isnt this explaining to people why they either shouldnt take the bet or they be a dumbass to not get odds? See how many suckers you can get Druff sounds like its great for the community.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

Isnt this explaining to people why they either shouldnt take the bet or they be a dumbass to not get odds? See how many suckers you can get Druff sounds like its great for the community.
    I put up this bet when they were 0.5 games apart in the standings. I tried to give full disclosure above. This was not a way to trick members into betting me in a bad spot, as if that were the case, I would simply ask which team would finish with a better record, without noting what the Dodgers had done lately.

I also didn't just pick a random team for this offer. I chose it because I am a huge Dodgers fan and I noticed the Cardinals had almost the same record.

I didn't make earlier Dodgers related bets because they were terrible and it was depressing enough to watch them without knowing I had bets on them (even small ones).

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

I put up this bet when they were 0.5 games apart in the standings. I tried to give full disclosure above. This was not a way to trick members into betting me in a bad spot, as if that were the case, I would simply ask which team would finish with a better record, without noting what the Dodgers had done lately.

I also didn't just pick a random team for this offer. I chose it because I am a huge Dodgers fan and I noticed the Cardinals had almost the same record.

I didn't make earlier Dodgers related bets because they were terrible and it was depressing enough to watch them without knowing I had bets on them (even small ones).
    seems like a even money bet to me

Load Metric
    lulz

if i'm not worried about it, not sure why anyone else should be

just a friendly bet between two homers (no homo)

Load Metric
    lulz

if i'm not worried about it, not sure why anyone else should be

just a friendly bet between two homers (no homo)
    It's a facking joke anyvay when it is Yeb's money

Comments

WillieMcFML: :this

Load Metric
    both teams 72-52

i'll let druff buyout for $25

this offer expires in 12 hours

Comments

SchoenfeldsJawMuscles:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post

seems like a even money bet to me
    IT'S A SAFE BET LAYING 2-1.......AN EVEN MONEY PROP IS LOL STUPID TO ANYONE TAKING THE CARDS

Thread Information