Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879
Results 1,561 to 1,566 of 1566

Thread: *** Official NFL/ NCAA Betting Discussion Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I didn't want to start a new thread but I am predicting that this will be the first year ever that a 1 loses in the first round of the NCAA tourney. And it won't be a major conference school.
    If you are referring to the Wichita St. Shockers I disagree. They may have had a cupcake schedule but they are still a top 16 team and if they continue to hold onto a #1 seed they should easily win in the first round.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I didn't want to start a new thread but I am predicting that this will be the first year ever that a 1 loses in the first round of the NCAA tourney. And it won't be a major conference school.
    If you are referring to the Wichita St. Shockers I disagree. They may have had a cupcake schedule but they are still a top 16 team and if they continue to hold onto a #1 seed they should easily win in the first round.
    A 16th ranked team (as you put it) shouldn't be a number one to begin with and they sure as hell can be beaten by a 16th seed. If its going to happen this is the year.

They beat St. Louis. Besides that they haven't beaten anyone. I'll grant you they made the final four last year but that doesn't mean shit to me this year.

Load Metric
    The closest game I can remember was when the opponent of Purdue, with Big Dog Robinson, had a three pointer with 10 seconds left to win OUTRIGHT. The shot missed and Purdue snuck on....they may have lost the next round. They were a better team than Wich St.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

A 16th ranked team (as you put it) shouldn't be a number one to begin with and they sure as hell can be beaten by a 16th seed. If its going to happen this is the year.

They beat St. Louis. Besides that they haven't beaten anyone. I'll grant you they made the final four last year but that doesn't mean shit to me this year.
    I'm not saying they are #16 in the country but somewhere in the Top 16 which could be #4 or could be #16. The argument definitely can be made whether they deserve a #1 seed or not but if they run the table undefeated that is a tough thing to do and they are at least a mid major conference which if given the #1 seed they will play a shit team in the first round.

I agree they haven't beaten anyone and they tried to schedule Kansas for a few years now who isn't having it. This is the problem some of these schools have is getting major schools to schedule them which they would prefer a trade off over two years where each team plays at home once yet many major schools just say no thanks why play a team with upset potential when we can schedule a bottom of the barrel or division 2 school in the non-conference schedule?

The second round is another story since the #8 or #9 seed team they will have to play (if they get a #1 seed) will be one if not the toughest game the Shockers have had to play all year.

Load Metric

I'm not saying they are #16 in the country but somewhere in the Top 16 which could be #4 or could be #16. The argument definitely can be made whether they deserve a #1 seed or not but if they run the table undefeated that is a tough thing to do and they are at least a mid major conference which if given the #1 seed they will play a shit team in the first round.

I agree they haven't beaten anyone and they tried to schedule Kansas for a few years now who isn't having it. This is the problem some of these schools have is getting major schools to schedule them which they would prefer a trade off over two years where each team plays at home once yet many major schools just say no thanks why play a team with upset potential when we can schedule a bottom of the barrel or division 2 school in the non-conference schedule?

The second round is another story since the #8 or #9 seed team they will have to play (if they get a #1 seed) will be one if not the toughest game the Shockers have had to play all year.
    Teams like Kansas won't travel to Wich st but they will gladly play them at home but won't reciprocate. That's bush league imo. I actually think the first round for them will be tougher than the second. It doesn't make much sense but nobody wants to be that first team to lose to a 16 and its going to happen. Let's say they play Gulf Coast of last year. Granted they were a 15 then but would be a 16 if they get in this year. They could lose to a team like that. If they are the number 1 over all then they probably won't lose. Florida isn't losing. Cuse isn't losing and Arizona isn't losing. Wich st. could lose or they could go far.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just a heads up post here.

For those interested in a hot NBA capper to tail whose picks have been documented and he's continuing to crush it you may want to look at tailing this guy.

http://www.covers.com/postingforum/p...1839587&page=1

The thread has a lot of blabber from random forum jackasses either riding his dick or hating on him but the capper Frank White is winning at a very high percent since starting the thread.

Just like anyone they go on hot and cold streaks but I've made some money off this guys picks the past week.

Thread Information