Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gathering of the Juggalos - arrests coming in

Load Metric

Gathering of the Juggalos - arrests coming in

August 07, 2013 10:27 am • BY BECKY MALKOVICH, The Southern(8) Comments
    HARDIN COUNTY - While the 2013 Gathering of the Juggalos doesn't officially start until late Wednesday morning, law enforcement and emergency responders have seen plenty of activity.

An EMT was injured when responding to a call of a man suffering convulsions early Tuesday, a Hardin County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman said.

The man, who was suspected of overdosing on a controlled substance, attacked the EMT, who was treated and released from the hospital but will need a follow-up surgery, the spokeswoman said.

The suspect, whose name was not released, is charged with aggravated battery. Other charges are pending.

One other person has been arrested and charged with theft, she said.

Ambulances have responded to three other suspected ODs, she said.

The drug of choice this year seems to be 25I-NBOMe, aka 25i or N-Bomb, a designer drug that can cause hallucinations, she said.

"This is one we weren't familiar with, that is new to our area. Most have required medical attention and a couple were transferred to trauma centers," she said. "This is a very mean drug."

The Gathering, expected to draw 10,000 people, continues through Sunday near Cave-in-Rock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/25I-NBOMe

Gold
    Load Metric
    Research chemicals galore.

I would love to check this juggalo festival for one night. One night only

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post

Don't forget your Juggalo Sunscreen..

Name:  3847_2fa77.jpg
Views: 1298
Size:  64.0 KB

Load Metric

There is a documentary on these inbred humans on you tube which is pretty hof . i am sure most have seen it

I too would like to go for just one night.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

There is a documentary on these inbred humans on you tube which is pretty hof . i am sure most have seen it

Made it through about 7 minutes of that video...incredible. Interesting how everyone there looks slightly retarded.

Platinum
    Load Metric

need more of the chick on the right...nice tits...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Made it through about 7 minutes of that video...incredible. Interesting how everyone there looks slightly retarded.
    Slightly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    I am a huge fan of this thread, and I want to take a second to thank Drk for creating it.

Comments

LLL: Thanks ain't shit compared to rep...
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Im on the same fucking page. I really want to wander around and just marvel at it all but Im literally terrified someone would see the look on my face and be like HES NOT ONE OF US.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    what state is this? This isn't illinois is it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    what state is this? This isn't illinois is it?
    Yes, its the southern tip of IL, called Cave-In-Rock.

Load Metric
    lol just texted a buddy of mine to meet up for drinks sometime and he txts me back dude I'm at the gathering, will holler at you later. Never knew you perverted little fuck

Platinum
    Load Metric
    That video was disturbing and awesome all at the same time.

Load Metric
    the previously posted video is classic. also read this if so inclined: http://deadspin.com/5831225/dropping...f-the-juggalos

check the video link at the bottom also.

Load Metric
    I feel weirded out that I used to sell ICP their make-up. Literally cases at a time.

Load Metric
    http://www.dailyamericannews.com/art...NEWS/130809514

By Tom Kane
    Posted Aug. 7, 2013 @ 6:48 pm

CAVE-IN-ROCK —

The annual Gathering of the Juggalos — fans of the Insane Clown Posse — officially began Wednesday. The horror rap band holds the festival just outside of tiny Cave-In-Rock on the private Hog Rock Campground property.

The town of Cave-In-Rock experiences a form of culture shock each year as the population of Hardin County swells from 4,000 to 16,000 overnight according to Illinois State Police Lieutenant Brad Lacey.

For this concert the promoters are predicting 10-12,000 guests.

Bill Maier's, Tidy Bowl Inc., Stonefort, was delivering portable toilet services Wednesday afternoon.

"We have four pumping trucks here to haul off sewerage. We do two runs a day. We delivered 110 toilets earlier," he said. "Every year its pretty much the same. We see a lot of people running around dressed head to toe in black. And they are complaining about heatstroke."

Charles Patton, owner of Patton Tuck Stop near the intersection of state Route 1 and state Route 13 said things don't change too much for him during the concert weekend.

"We put on few extra clerks and watch the customers a little closer but that's about it," he said.

Hardin County Sheriff Jerry Fricker said, "We run two shifts a day of eight officers, four are salaried and four are volunteers. Shifts run from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and from 4 p.m. to midnight. I take over at midnight with some volunteer help."

Illinois State Police Lieutenant Brad Lacey said the weekend required setting up a command post on the front lawn of the Hardin County Work Camp on state Route 1.

The command post trailer was provided by Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System (ILEAS).

"I would rather not tell you how many troopers are tasked here for the weekend, but we draw on resources from around the state," he said. "We have traffic issues, of course. There are law enforcement issues also."

A group of concert goers from Pennsylvania were really happy to be in Hardin County for the event.

Brandon Porter, 21, Berks Co., Pa., said, "We are all family. People have this bad impression of fans. But we all try to help each other in any way we can."

Brian Butler, 23, Montgomery Co., Pa., agreed, saying, "It's essentially as close to utopia as we can get.

"It's like the Catholic Church's sex scandals. Sure there are some bad priests, but most of them are good. Same thing with us fans."

Tamara Murdock, 23, Berks County, Pa., said, "Yeah, I am an Army vet. I was a small arms mechanic. Butler here is still active in the Army Reserve."

Load Metric
    Juggalo arrested as drug OD count rises at event:

HARDIN COUNTY - One man was arrested on drug-related charges and three more suspected drug overdoses were reported overnight at the 2013 Gathering of the Juggalos in Hardin County.

The man, whose name has not yet been released, was taken into custody and charged with felony possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia after a "very large drug bust last night," a Hardin County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman said Thursday. The suspect's bond was set at $60,000.

A total of nine suspected overdoses have been reported since fans of the Insane Clown Posse began massing for the gathering, which runs through Sunday.

Two previous arrests were reported at the event, including one for aggravated battery. That arrest occurred after an EMT responding to a report of a suspected overdose was attacked by the patient. The EMT is recovering from injuries but will need surgery related to the injuries, the spokeswoman said.

More than 10,000 people are expected to attend the annual event near Cave-In-Rock.

Juggalos return to region for Gathering

Police: Six overdoses, one attack already recorded in early going

More than 10,000 people — and perhaps twice as many bottles of Faygo soda — are expected at this week’s 2013 Gathering of the Juggalos in Hardin County.

The annual gathering of Insane Clown Posse fans, famed for their Faygo-spraying ways, started Wednesday at Hog Rock campgrounds near Cave-In-Rock, population 315.

Hosted by the band and its record label, Psychopathic Records, the event features bands, rappers, comedians, sideshows, contests, wrestling and more during its run through Sunday.

The event has a checkered history since it located in Southern Illinois in 2007. Three deaths have been associated with the Gathering over the years: one heat-related, another drug-related, and a third a drowning.

In 2010, one person was stabbed but recovered from his injuries, and a reality star was pummeled with items thrown from the crowd while she was onstage.

This year’s party has already gotten off to a rocky — and early — start, a Hardin County Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman said.

Some 600 fans arrived early for the Gathering, setting up camp across the road from Hog Rock.

By Wednesday morning, emergency responders had treated four people for suspected overdoses. That number had risen to six by 4 p.m., the spokeswoman said.

An EMT was injured when responding to a call of a man suffering convulsions early Tuesday, she said.

The man, who was suspected of overdosing on a controlled substance, attacked the EMT, who was treated and released from the hospital but will need a follow-up surgery, the spokeswoman said.

The suspect, whose name was not released, is charged with aggravated battery. Other charges are pending.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/rft...013_review.php

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Im on the same fucking page. I really want to wander around and just marvel at it all but Im literally terrified someone would see the look on my face and be like HES NOT ONE OF US.

I was thinking about how I would dress if I was to go for a night to try to fit in. I think the key is to not shave for a month before you go. If you even trim the beard it will give you away. A red shirt. xxxl black shirts or no shirt and khaki or jean shorts from good will. fake silver chain also seems to be a must.

I may really try to convince a friend to do this with me next year. be very interesting.

Thread Information