Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Beer Thread***

I've only had the session IPA ( One Life, One Love], but that shit was juicy! Guava all day.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Beer pipeline running underground in Belgium..

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/15/travel...ine/index.html

.... but it only has a start and end point. While it would be cool if it could be piped into homes and businesses, similar to the way water is delivered, the system wasn't designed for this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    Boots, are you picking up your leche borracho today? I might go after monkish
    No I was at the Bruery Annoversary party. Ended up at Noble afterwards. I will probably pick mine up either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Best IPA I've ever had. Monkish has me hooked.

Comments

4Dragons: that can is tits

Game of Thrones time. Cheers!

Comments

unchainedghost: The only beer I have any desire to try, never seen it

Load Metric
    Name:  The Hef - Frankenmuth Brewery.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  251.1 KB

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/4861/148353/

Name:  FireShot Screen Capture #786 - 'The Hef I Frankenmuth Brewery I BeerAdvocate' - www_beeradvocate.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  46.5 KB

Not bad, I think I needed it to be colder for whatever reason.

Load Metric
    RBC

what kind of hopps does that have (suppa duppa fly)? A bit of fruit in it as well? That color looks awesome!

Load Metric
    Name:  LecheB_zpsjuwbx0ih.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  94.9 KB

Probably the most complex beer I have ever had. A cacophony of flavors that take my taste buds in different directions.

Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    RBC

what kind of hopps does that have (suppa duppa fly)? A bit of fruit in it as well? That color looks awesome!
    They never disclosed what hops were used, but they did say the yeast strain was similar to the ones used by NE brewer's.
    I'm pretty sure no adjuncts were used to brew this beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post

Probably the most complex beer I have ever had. A cacophony of flavors that take my taste buds in different directions.
    I'm gonna let mine age for awhile. Bottle logic is realising fundamental observation next month. I will definitely be picking up a couple of those.

Did you get your hands on some System of a Stout? I've only heard good things about that beer.

Load Metric
    RBC

They never disclosed what hops were used, but they did say the yeast strain was similar to the ones used by NE brewer's.
    I'm pretty sure no adjuncts were used to brew this beer.
    A little Socializing and I found this (the insta embed on PFA doesn't include the comments, so I copied them below)

A post shared by on

https://instagram.com/p/BFXAc3BGlJL/

50 likes
    1w
    • monkishbrewingCan release for tomorrow (Sat 5/14) at 12pm. Two new IPAs. // ONE LIFE. ONE LOVE // 5.0% Session IPA with Citra and Mosaic!! I know, i know … it’s kinda big for a “session IPA” and is more of an American Pale Ale. but we like calling things some sort of “IPA” about 75 cases (which is roughly how much previous batches have been) // SUPA DUPA FLY // 6.7% IPA with Simcoe, Amarillo, Galaxy. about 160 cases. That’s right, about double our usual amount.
      1L1L is $15 per 4 pack limit two 4pk per person. SDF is $16 4pk limit four 4pk pp.

Also PINT GLASSES will be available ($6)
      #monkishcans #onelifeonelove #supadupafly #labeer #craftbeer #newbeer #craftcans #beerrelease #hopheads #ipa #drinklocal #notmissyelliott

Comments

RichardBrodiesCombover.: Nice find

Load Metric
    oh, cool. thanks for that.

based on the hops, Id probably enjoy the other one more since it has citra hops.

$4/can is kind of steep, but may be worth a try, if these come to Chicago.

Load Metric
    They make double IPAs because a single amount of awfulness just wasn't enough.

Comments

RichardBrodiesCombover.: LOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    lol, it is funny that the beer that sailors were forced to drink because their beer would go bad is now the beer that everyone pays a premium for. I have to guess that after so many centuries of drinking it, that when reintroduced into the palette that it woke up some 200 year old gene that got used to drinking over-hopped ales.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    lol, it is funny that the beer that sailors were forced to drink because their beer would go bad is now the beer that everyone pays a premium for. I have to guess that after so many centuries of drinking it, that when reintroduced into the palette that it woke up some 200 year old gene that got used to drinking over-hopped ales.
    I wonder how bitter those traditional IPA's are compared to a modern American IPA.

Load Metric
    busted out my last one of these last night.

Its one of my top beers, but they make it so damn difficult to get around me, and Im like 2 hours from the brewery

Name:  tumblr_inline_mrc8zlCsUE1qz4rgp.gif
Views: 425
Size:  990.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

I wonder how bitter those traditional IPA's are compared to a modern American IPA.
    Considering all of the fancy ass hops from different regions and new methods of brewing like Dogfishhead continuously hopped IPA, I would say that the traditional ones would be on the weak to medium side, since modern brewers have been hopping for flavor at different stages of the brew cycle, instead of hopping for the sake of preserving the beer for 6 months in a wooden barrel. I mean the only other option the sailors had was to drink Grog, and that shit still got you too fucked up to be of any use on a pitching deck in high seas.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post

I'm gonna let mine age for awhile. Bottle logic is realising fundamental observation next month. I will definitely be picking up a couple of those.

Did you get your hands on some System of a Stout? I've only heard good things about that beer.
    System of a Stout comes out on Saturday. I will be in line for that. I think that Amalgamator comes out soon as well.

Load Metric
    oh, cool. thanks for that.

based on the hops, Id probably enjoy the other one more since it has citra hops.

$4/can is kind of steep, but may be worth a try, if these come to Chicago.

This style of IPA is riding the hype train. You will start seeing your local brewery start making this type of IPA. I won't be surprised to see 3 Floyds start doing this type of IPA.

Thread Information