Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: ***Official Beer Thread***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Just cracked it after mowing the yard, refreshing and delicious. Not too bitter, maybe too easy going down, could run through 6 in no time.

You're welcome!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Just cracked it after mowing the yard, refreshing and delicious. Not too bitter, maybe too easy going down, could run through 6 in no time.

You're welcome!
    Since this is TX it was a bit on the pricey side and a tad old, I’ll have to keep an eye out for when it goes on sale and load up.

Load Metric
    Name:  20200918_173401.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  2.27 MB
    Trillium went thru some growing pains, but have been dialed it recently.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Picked this up after seeing it scored at 87 on beeradvocate....it’s ok but plenty better ones out there.

Load Metric
    It's been a super tasty summer as far as beer goes. The locals still turn out their stuff, but we also get a ton of VT and Maine beers, usually only a week or 2 old, available all over the place. Fiddlehead, Frost, Foundation, Lone Pine, all sorts of great, fresh stuff, even found in supermarkets at this point. It's always the locals, tho, that steal my heart. Here's tonight's turkey gravy, Death Mettle (10.2%). It's weird, Trillium can turn out a DDH beer that has hop burn and is astringent, or their regular shit which has strayed far from their original flavors, but when they put out a triple IPA, they are soft and delicious, and this one has no heat or burn or any of that at all. Trillium still does BIG as good as anyone. On the sides are Jack's Abby Boston Rising, and Tree House Double Shot.

BTW, one of the few pics of hoppy trillium beers you'll see with an actual head on top, because that shit is fleeting, to say the least...

Load Metric
    Name:  20201023_205054.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  2.33 MB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Czech it out

Baron Bohemian Czech Dark Lager. Pours a clear red-brown with a medium, foamy, long lasting, beige head that laces. Sweet aroma of toasted bready malt, caramel, toffee, molasses and light chocolate. Sweet flavour of roasted malt, caramel, brown sugar, molasses, raisin, earth and grassy hops in a dry finish. Light to medium body with a watery to oily texture and soft carbonation. Pleasant, tasty and easy to drink.

Load Metric
    Name:  ezgif-6-e6ac53616a6d.gif
Views: 422
Size:  3.76 MB

Finally, some very fresh made it over my way.

Tasty.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: ddh king sue?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Damn this was good...had it on draft at a local restaurant...scores 99 on BA...

Name:  31038477-AFF1-438D-BED0-45ECD7FC7338.jpeg
Views: 349
Size:  387.4 KB

Comments

Sheesfaced: One of my all-time favorites

Load Metric
    Im not a big beer drinker and I'll probably catch crap for it, but for some reason, I like Coors Light if its really cold. I also like Bud Lime to chase down my tequila shots.

Load Metric
    I got really into beer culture when living in Wyoming and then moving to Portland. Probably have posted some gems in this thread from the past.

Sadly, my stomach can't really handle it anymore. Anything over three pints will wreck me the next day; not from hangover, but stomach ailments. Anything more than three will have me all anxious the next day.

I just stick to simple shit now: light lagers and pilsners, this after being the ultimate IPA snob for years.

Getting old sucks.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I got really into beer culture when living in Wyoming...
    Why did you leave Wyoming??

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I got really into beer culture when living in Wyoming...
    Why did you leave Wyoming??
    Finished business program, moved to Oregon for work. Grew up in the Midwest and North Carolina; my now wife got admitted to grad programs in Seattle, Ohio,Texas and Wyoming eight years ago. We made the leap.

Miss it every day, something I just love about the vibe and iaolation of that place. Can't really articulate it, but I love Wyoming so much. The backcountry hiking and climbing is fantastic.

Was mostly drinking far superior Colorado beer while there though, but there's a few solid WY beers too.

Comments

d1sposition: I enjoyed skiing Jackson Hole. yeah good vibe.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    I need to visit Montana and Wyoming.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    It's been a super tasty summer as far as beer goes. The locals still turn out their stuff, but we also get a ton of VT and Maine beers, usually only a week or 2 old, available all over the place. Fiddlehead, Frost, Foundation, Lone Pine, all sorts of great, fresh stuff, even found in supermarkets at this point. It's always the locals, tho, that steal my heart. Here's tonight's turkey gravy, Death Mettle (10.2%). It's weird, Trillium can turn out a DDH beer that has hop burn and is astringent, or their regular shit which has strayed far from their original flavors, but when they put out a triple IPA, they are soft and delicious, and this one has no heat or burn or any of that at all. Trillium still does BIG as good as anyone. On the sides are Jack's Abby Boston Rising, and Tree House Double Shot.

BTW, one of the few pics of hoppy trillium beers you'll see with an actual head on top, because that shit is fleeting, to say the least...

Do you live in Boston? I've been in town almost 24 hours on my first visit. It turned into a rainy day, and I spent a good part of the afternoon at Dorchester Brewing. If that's Boston's best brewery. it has still wildly exceeded my most hopeful expectations. From the music, view, beer, food, and cool people, I'm at a loss as to how the place could be any better. I'm going back. Are you willing to offer other suggestions? Someone suggested the Fenway Trilliams.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wasilla1 View Post

Do you live in Boston? I've been in town almost 24 hours on my first visit. It turned into a rainy day, and I spent a good part of the afternoon at Dorchester Brewing. If that's Boston's best brewery. it has still wildly exceeded my most hopeful expectations. From the music, view, beer, food, and cool people, I'm at a loss as to how the place could be any better. I'm going back. Are you willing to offer other suggestions? Someone suggested the Fenway Trilliams.
    Trillium is definitely worth a visit, and I think you're probably better off making reservations if you can. They have a Fenway place and a Fort Point place, whichever one you are closest to or can get a better reservation at. If you feel like going to Cambridge, the Cambridge Brewing Company is worth checking out, both for beer and food. I'll try to think of some others but a few places I might normally mention aren't open yet because of the covid restrictions.

Dorchester Brewing is definitely fun, I've had many flights and pints there over the last few years, and their outdoor area is really cool if the weather is half decent.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    It was a miserable day in Boston, so I drank it away. Cambridge Brewing was decent. Trillian had an impressive collection of double and triple IPA's and Imperial Stouts. Their fries taste like Belgium Frites. I finished the day with another trip to Dorchester. I'd be drunk at this stage, but they toss you after 90 minutes. Perhaps my next trip I'll see some sites

Comments

Crowe Diddly: if you come in less diseased times, you'll have a bunch more good options, some near historic places which makes things easy. Was indeed a miserable day in Boston.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Based on the prior sweetwater beer....picked this up

Name:  97842509-6A79-439B-B9CC-FA09045EB4D2.jpeg
Views: 248
Size:  163.8 KB

Load Metric
    Possibly my new favorite NW IPA. Not sure what their distribution is now, guessing not far, but if you east coasters stumble across this, pick it up.

Crisp, dry, piney and hoppy. What I want out of an IPA. No hazy pineapple/mango/passionfruit bullshit.

Name:  9zdvyfanidq51.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  617.7 KB

Load Metric

Comments

gut: well played lol

Cerveza Fria: Nice!

Thread Information