Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 08/06/13 -- $45 FREEROLL, Special guest Eric "Sheets" Haber

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 08/06/13 -- $45 FREEROLL, Special guest Eric "Sheets" Haber

Show begins at 7:00pm PDT on Tuesday, August 6, 2013.

You can listen by going to our Radio tab above, or clicking here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/radio.php

Call in number: (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355. Make sure to show your caller ID, or the phone system will not let you through (you will probably get a busy signal)! You can also call our mountaintop number (an old '70s phone sitting on top of Mt. Charleston) at (702) 430-1808.

You can follow along and interact with us in our live chat room, by clicking the Chat tab near the top of the screen. You need to be logged in and have flash capability on your computer to see the chat.

We have a $60 freeroll this week.

$60 Freeroll info
    Tournament Location: NoFraud Online Poker Room
    Tournament Date/Time: 7:40pm PDT on 8/06/2013
    Tournament Type: NL Holdem
    Tournament Buyin: FREE - it doesn't even cost you any play chips!
    Tournament Prizes: 1st $30, 2nd $15, 3rd $10, 4th $5. I will send this to you by PayPal, bank transfer, or check. PM me after you win to claim your prize.

Freeroll money thanks to the generosity of:
    hotshott74 ($40)
    BeerAndPoker ($5)
    Rollo Tomasi ($15)

All money donated from others will be held over until next week. If you really want to add to this week instead, please let me know.

There is no tournament password. Go register now! There is no late registration (software doesn't have that option) so register early!

*** IMPORTANT ***

To qualify for the freeroll, you need to have registered on PokerFraudAlert by January 1, 2013.

If you are a lurker and still want to play, you must PM me or e-mail me beforehand and explain how long you've been listening/lurking, and tell me some of your favorite anecdotes from the forum (either here or DD) or the radio show. If you fail to do this before the tournament, or if you send me some generic bullshit like, "I think the show is funny. I like the show", you will NOT qualify for the freeroll, and your prize will be given to the next qualifying finisher. If you were an old-school regular user from NWP/DD who I remember, you will automatically qualify even if you weren't registered by 1/1/2013.

You will also automatically qualify if I remember you from NWP/DD, provided you are not banned from this site.

I am doing this in order to prevent freeroll-hunting leeches from using our site for our freeroll money and then disappearing.

Agenda for tonight:

- Druff re-lives a memory from 24 years ago today

- $175 PGA Contest Freeroll on PokerFraudAlert

- Lock Poker abandons 2+2, claims they will only respond on their own highly-censored forum

- Was Melanie Weisner selling Lock funds, cashing out quickly, and making money?

- Interview with well-known staker Eric "Sheets" Haber about staking and the dangers/responsibilities that come along with it

- Full Tilt Poker payments to US players now said to be starting shortly?!

- South Point online poker room getting close to launch

- MGM CEO thinks New Jersey & Nevada will share online player pools in 2014

- WCGRider cheated, Stars makes it right

-Please suggest other good topics if you don't see them here!

- We take your phone calls at (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355

Load Metric
    Would be cool to have any possible updates on the Chico scenario.
    Name:  chico.JPG
Views: 452
Size:  621.0 KB

Comments

Sanlmar: Are we on terror alert? Is travel advisable?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I think i won 4th or maybe 3rd in last week's freeroll, whichever i won can be donated to this freeroll. thanks

Load Metric
    Weisner comes across as total scum, like at an Annie Duke level. The accusations seem to be pretty legit. Hope she is dragged through the coals if true.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Weisner comes across as total scum, like at an Annie Duke level. The accusations seem to be pretty legit. Hope she is dragged through the coals if true.
    SGT RJ (who has been accused of being a bitch, but has always been honest), verified that the Weisner PM really occurred, so there's about zero chance that the person was making up the story about her.

Load Metric
    PFA red pro status.

Load Metric
    since you only have $45 this week do you want to add the $15 from my 2nd place finish 5-6 weeks ago, Bellybuster can verify

Load Metric
    Thought the interview with Sheets was excellent. I always wondered about staking, and getting the godfather of staking in a candid mood was really informative. Also great he basically volunteered to come back any time a subject touches his experience and expertise, which is quite a few subjects given the site's mission.

He seemed a bit taken aback about the Jew comment. Even Druff being a Jew didn't seem to completely make it natural. Only awkward moment in an otherwise great interview. Possibly being a successful staker and hedge fund manager he may be sensitive to the notion that it's at all parasitic? I think it's damn near impossible to run a successful staking stable. Need to be great businessman, very good poker evaluator, and a decent amateur psychologist. Just trying to figure out why it seemed to make him uncomfortable. Maybe it just took him by surprise. Was an out of left field question, and if you don't know Todd, his name isn't one I would identify as Semitic in origin.

Seemed like a very nice guy, and had a pragmatic approach to the whole business.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    since you only have $45 this week do you want to add the $15 from my 2nd place finish 5-6 weeks ago, Bellybuster can verify
    Done, thanks.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Thought the interview with Sheets was excellent. I always wondered about staking, and getting the godfather of staking in a candid mood was really informative. Also great he basically volunteered to come back any time a subject touches his experience and expertise, which is quite a few subjects given the site's mission.

He seemed a bit taken aback about the Jew comment. Even Druff being a Jew didn't seem to completely make it natural. Only awkward moment in an otherwise great interview. Possibly being a successful staker and hedge fund manager he may be sensitive to the notion that it's at all parasitic? I think it's damn near impossible to run a successful staking stable. Need to be great businessman, very good poker evaluator, and a decent amateur psychologist. Just trying to figure out why it seemed to make him uncomfortable. Maybe it just took him by surprise. Was an out of left field question, and if you don't know Todd, his name isn't one I would identify as Semitic in origin.

Seemed like a very nice guy, and had a pragmatic approach to the whole business.
    Tried to finish the interview with a "light" question, but I'm glad you enjoyed it otherwise.

I also thought it was a very informative segment.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Tried to finish the interview with a "light" question, but I'm glad you enjoyed it otherwise.

I also thought it was a very informative segment.

Obviously I knew where you were going and it was a light question. I just think it made him pause for a second, but it didn't bother me. I enjoyed the whole thing. I actually enjoy when the interview subjects are a bit unfamiliar with the flavor of the site. The history of the hosts making fun of their all being Jews was just unfamiliar to him I would guess. Not something 2+2 would ask.

Load Metric
    SGT RJ (who has been accused of being a bitch, but has always been honest), verified that the Weisner PM really occurred, so there's about zero chance that the person was making up the story about her.
    confirmed

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=2693

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...6at90700AM.png

Load Metric
    Great show Druff, really enjoyed your guest.

Load Metric
    Just listening in the archives now:

"keep my mouth shut so she'll keep her mouth open"

Fuck you Druff. Now how am I supposed to explain those coffee stained papers on my posting board to my cross-shift?

Really looking forward to the Eric "sheets" Haber segment.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I concur with the others above. Interesting topic and good guest.
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Great show Druff - I laugh the whole entire time ! So addicted

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Still on catch up - this weeks results with anonamoose taking top spot.

Tournament=Radio Donkament
    Number=144
    BuyIn=0+0
    PrizeBonus=12000
    MultiplyBonus=No
    Entrants=39
    Removed=0
    Rebuys=0
    NetBonus=12000
    Start=2013-08-06 19:40:13
    Place39=realchaser74 (0)
    Place38=CroweDiddly (0)
    Place37=RayBITarCoin (0)
    Place36=DRK (0)
    Place35=JEWDONK (0)
    Place34=badguyback (0)
    Place33=lewfather (0)
    Place32=Gordman (0)
    Place31=PoolGrizzly (0)
    Place30=Boots2yas (0)
    Place29=1marley1 (0)
    Place28=DirtyErnie (0)
    Place27=snowtracks (0)
    Place26=_4BET (0)
    Place25=StamosRemix (0)
    Place24=hishga (0)
    Place23=hurdleking (0)
    Place22=MdwstHstlr (0)
    Place21=bizzerk (0)
    Place20=Sp00kStoMPeR (0)
    Place19=linecaptain (0)
    Place18=joeeyeahh (0)
    Place17=Cornbread (0)
    Place16=SideEffect (0)
    Place15=tommyt (0)
    Place14=ByeDonk (0)
    Place13=DrPeters (0)
    Place12=4Dragons (0)
    Place11=Hockey_Guy (0)
    Place10=SenseiKreese (0)
    Place9=bingo (0)
    Place8=SANLMAR (0)
    Place7=PLOL (0)
    Place6=m-u-l-v-a (840)
    Place5=cmoney (960)
    Place4=shortbuspkr (1320)
    Place3=BeerAndPoker (1800)
    Place2=Sandwich (2760)
    Place1=anonamoose (4320)
    Stop=2013-08-06 21:54:41
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric

After a lame ass back & forth argument on the use of the term "rape" in poker, to which SGT RJ found the use of the word in any context (other than a violent sexual attack) highly offensive, she just admitted on 2+2 that she's been raped in the past.

I remember this bitch going into great detail on how much she enjoyed it in the ass, as well as other graphic details about her sex life in a huge thread on 2+2

Now I'm no expert on the aftermath of rape. But would a woman who's been through such a trauma as that, really be talking about her own sex life in such graphic detail?

Anyway my moneys on Sklansky.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

After a lame ass back & forth argument on the use of the term "rape" in poker, to which SGT RJ found the use of the word in any context (other than a violent sexual attack) highly offensive, she just admitted on 2+2 that she's been raped in the past.

I remember this bitch going into great detail on how much she enjoyed it in the ass, as well as other graphic details about her sex life in a huge thread on 2+2

Now I'm no expert on the aftermath of rape. But would a woman who's been through such a trauma as that, really be talking about her own sex life in such graphic detail?

Anyway my moneys on Sklansky.
    It can go both ways, I have seen chicks that turn into no-sex beings while other chicks will give it up at the drop of a hat after being raped/sexually assaulted/molested.

I would imagine the reason she is talking about her sex life is that even though it is traumatic she has managed to move on from it, at least enough to talk about how she likes it up the ass. Not to mention it's the Internet you can literally just say whatever the fuck you want and it's not like you will see any of the people you interact with in your normal daily life.

Thread Information