Thread: question re poker etiquette

Load Metric

question re poker etiquette

I don't play live tournaments much, but something came up regarding a bet I made that offended a player. I was short stacked and went allin. I didn't say "allin", I pushed my stack in and announced "2950" (about 6 bb's), but I was allin. The player at the other end of the table was offended because I didn't say "allin". I just announced what sounded like a raise to him. Was my behavior considered bad form?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitting Out View Post
    I don't play live tournaments much, but something came up regarding a bet I made that offended a player. I was short stacked and went allin. I didn't say "allin", I pushed my stack in and announced "2950" (about 6 bb's), but I was allin. The player at the other end of the table was offended because I didn't say "allin". I just announced what sounded like a raise to him. Was my behavior considered bad form?
    I don't play live much, but I would never ever say "All in" again with that fuck at the table. If he wants to get offended by silly bullshit, well, serve that fuck a heaping dish of silly bullshit and let him be offended as he can be. (Unless a rule says you have to say it, obv.)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I don't play live much, but I would never ever say "All in" again with that fuck at the table. If he wants to get offended by silly bullshit, well, serve that fuck a heaping dish of silly bullshit and let him be offended as he can be. (Unless a rule says you have to say it, obv.)

Load Metric
    actually, you saying how much you put in was better for the villian than saying "all-in"--becasue you told him how much he needs to call you bet

and if you had said all in, he would have asked "how much?"...either he was just effing with you or pissed you came over the top on him...

you had a good place for a sneering comment of your own, one like "well if you can't recognize all in when you see it, then go back to playing on FACEBOOK" would have been good imho--i hope you took a shot, because in tourneys, unlike cash games, the players can't get up and leave, so ill manners are tolerated
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Thread Information