Thread: Problem with Amazon.com payment processing

Load Metric

Problem with Amazon.com payment processing

I placed an order for a product from Amazon and wanted to select a different shipping address other than my default but accidently clicked change "billing address" and the system used the "ship to" address on the "bill to" to a totally different person in Ohio, instead of me in Florida but the default "ship to" to me did not change,
    I did not realize the error until the item arrived at my door,
    I contacted Amazon online chat and explained what happened and the CS rep tells me my Bank ok'd the charge, i'm shocked and told her I don't believe my bank would approve my credit card charge with a different persons name in a different state so she says we will give you a refund then I replied, I know you are giving me a refund but I want you to explain how the charge went thru in the first place and she couldn't, my obvious concern is that their is a flaw in their system and if someone gets my credit card number they can make up a phony name and address and charge whatever they can get away with, the other part I cant figure out is
    I couldn't find a billing address book like they have shipping address options, why would there even be an option to change the billing name and address with no way to edit it unless someone can give me the link to it
    any ideas who I can contact at Amazon.com that can explain to me how my credit card charge went through

Load Metric
    Was their a card on file?

Amazon allows you to have multiple shipping and billing options on file, so if the one you incorrectly/accidentally entered wasn't used it would just go to the second option is my guess.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Was their a card on file?

Amazon allows you to have multiple shipping and billing options on file, so if the one you incorrectly/accidentally entered wasn't used it would just go to the second option is my guess.
    when I click "billing address" a menu pops up that looks just like the "shipping address"es

in order to change the credit card you click "payment information"

if that card is maxed out the order is declined

but I cant find a "billing address" address book to delete them all

the only "billing address" should be the ones connected to the credit card(s)

I think you have to keep a card on file if you have an Amazon account, which I wasn't too happy about either when I first opened it but have learned to live with the risk of them being hacked

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    I placed an order for a product from Amazon and wanted to select a different shipping address other than my default but accidently clicked change "billing address" and the system used the "ship to" address on the "bill to" to a totally different person in Ohio, instead of me in Florida but the default "ship to" to me did not change,

lol just pay the moron tax and eat the loss. you def deserve it on this one.

Rollo gonna rollo
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    hed 100% try to pay the moron tax and end up paying someone elses, then start a thread about it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post

lol just pay the moron tax and eat the loss. you def deserve it on this one.

Rollo gonna rollo
    dumb

Amazon gave me an instant refund to my CC and I didn't even ship it back yet with the RMA they provided for free return shipping

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    hed 100% try to pay the moron tax and end up paying someone elses, then start a thread about it.
    and dumber

for echoing dumb
    Last edited by Rollo Tomasi; 08-08-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Thread Information