Thread: Military board says Marine should be dismissed

Load Metric

Military board says Marine should be dismissed

A Marine who criticized President Barack Obama on his Facebook page has committed misconduct and should be dismissed, a military board recommended late Thursday.

The Marine Corps administrative board made the decision after a daylong hearing at Camp Pendleton for Sgt. Gary Stein.

The board also recommended that Stein be given an other-then-honorable discharge. That would mean Stein would lose his benefits and would not be allowed on any military base.

The board's recommendations go to a general who will either accept or deny them. If the general disagrees with the board, the case could go to the secretary of the Navy.
    More - http://news.yahoo.com/military-board...mt-container-b

No more freedom of speech. Next up civilians put to death or put in exile. Let's just become a communist country.

fuck AP and fuck Obama. another 4 years watch.

Load Metric
    Dude, I'm a republican and hate Obama but the guy should have known better. Active duty military have no freedom of speech.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnDew View Post
    A Marine who criticized President Barack Obama on his Facebook page has committed misconduct and should be dismissed, a military board recommended late Thursday.

The Marine Corps administrative board made the decision after a daylong hearing at Camp Pendleton for Sgt. Gary Stein.

The board also recommended that Stein be given an other-then-honorable discharge. That would mean Stein would lose his benefits and would not be allowed on any military base.

The board's recommendations go to a general who will either accept or deny them. If the general disagrees with the board, the case could go to the secretary of the Navy.

No more freedom of speech. Next up civilians put to death or put in exile. Let's just become a communist country.

Did you sleep through all of 9th grade Social Studies? The first amendment says that the government can't arrest you for saying something, or prevent you from saying it publicly. It absolutely does not give you a pass from repercussions for saying anything. Dr. Laura, among many right wing retards, have cited "freedom of speech" in response to people condemning their bullshit.

If you publicly talk shit about your boss, you should expect to be fired- period. That goes for everyone. I didn't think this would be complicated for anyone to grasp.
    Last edited by DirtyB; 04-06-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

Did you sleep through all of 9th grade Social Studies? The first amendment says that the government can't arrest you for saying something, or prevent you from saying it publicly. It absolutely does not give you a pass from repercussions for saying anything. Dr. Laura, among many right wing retards, have citing "freedom of speech" in response to people condemning their bullshit.

If you publicly talk shit about your boss, you should expect to be fired- period. That goes for everyone. I didn't think this would be complicated for anyone to grasp.

While I read the article above earlier today, sitting next to me was one of my best friends USMC Sgt Major (last name omitted) and he said, verbatim "When you are in the military, ESPECIALLY the Marines, it's bad form to talk badly about the president and in particular via any kind of public forum like facebook. That's just not allowed, period. Even if you hate the president, he's the commander in chief, straight up." That ended the discussion right there. Keep in mind my buddy is the most patriotic Marine Corps loving person you could ever meet, and he literally had no sympathy for the guy. Zero, none.

Load Metric
    you all bring up good points and i agree. i just hate seeing a marine getting the green weenie over something innocent. if he threaten his life i would feel more strongly about it.

Load Metric
    you all bring up good points and i agree. i just hate seeing a marine getting the green weenie over something innocent. if he threaten his life i would feel more strongly about it.
    If it makes you feel any different, guys whose blood coagulates into the letters U S M C all feel like this guy was in the wrong and knew it, and they have no sympathy for him.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Marine here. I got out around 10 years ago. We were taught that even though we protected freedom we did not have any ourselves. They could search us, our rooms, our homes out in town any time that they wanted to. We had no freedom of speech in public forums. Now sitting around bullshitting among each other was no biggie but you cannot say anything about the people that lead you publicly. There was a SSgt that thought some new base policy was unfair and he started a petition to change it. Before the end of the day they had him in the brig.

The Marine in question is definitely a dumbass. The Marine Corps has policies regarding social media and it tells you they can fuck you up, not to mention the myriad of NCO, SNCO, and officer types telling him not to post dumb shit online at dumbass formations that are called for at every Marine base whenever some Marine fucks up and it makes the news. Shit they probably just had one right after this story broke. Now you can be assured that every Marine knows what the fuck they are allowed to post.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Marine here. I got out around 10 years ago. We were taught that even though we protected freedom we did not have any ourselves. They could search us, our rooms, our homes out in town any time that they wanted to. We had no freedom of speech in public forums. Now sitting around bullshitting among each other was no biggie but you cannot say anything about the people that lead you publicly. There was a SSgt that thought some new base policy was unfair and he started a petition to change it. Before the end of the day they had him in the brig.

The Marine in question is definitely a dumbass. The Marine Corps has policies regarding social media and it tells you they can fuck you up, not to mention the myriad of NCO, SNCO, and officer types telling him not to post dumb shit online at dumbass formations that are called for at every Marine base whenever some Marine fucks up and it makes the news. Shit they probably just had one right after this story broke. Now you can be assured that every Marine knows what the fuck they are allowed to post.

legit good post.

Load Metric

Marine here too, I got out 4 years ago. I'm sure every unit in the marines had more than one formation in the same day to discuss this. 15 minutes prior to standby to standby.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

legit good post.
    I directly quoted a guy who bossed this guy around and you tell HIM HE HAS A GOOD POST???

no , its a "LEGIT GOOD POST" NO LESS?????

we are through! get your fucking curtains and you take that rat you call a dog and GTFO

TODAY

maybe someday you will learn what the word LOYALTY means

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

legit good post.
    I directly quoted a guy who bossed this guy around and you tell HIM HE HAS A GOOD POST???

no , its a "LEGIT GOOD POST" NO LESS?????

we are through! get your fucking curtains and you take that rat you call a dog and GTFO

TODAY

maybe someday you will learn what the word LOYALTY means

mad.

Load Metric
    IM NOT MAD

Load Metric
    yeah youre just disappointed

Load Metric

with that said,

fuck AP fuck Obama stand pat.

end thread.

Load Metric

Marine here too, I got out 4 years ago. I'm sure every unit in the marines had more than one formation in the same day to discuss this. 15 minutes prior to standby to standby.
    If you're ten minutes early you're five minutes late......nice to see some things never change.

Thread Information