Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oops! Star of CNBC Reality Show about sportsbetting expert is a scammer & fraud

Load Metric
    This show is comically bad.

Comments

BCR:

Load Metric
    This Steve Stevens was spotted on Fremont Streets 1st Friday event with a football of beer! Now thats Balling

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

I can't get over how bad this thing is. It's so bad that it almost feels like MSNBC should be exposed legally for airing it. It's like airing a ponzi scheme.

Beyond their shadiness, it's astounding how little they understand sportsbetting at all. Everything they say is retarded. All of them. Every person on this forum would look like a genius compared to these guys. They have said 20 laughable things in the episodes I've seen, but my favorite was the kid this past week saying, "I like betting unders. You're already winning when the game starts."

Comments

JimmyG_415: Exactly

Load Metric
    The "money management" part is simply hilarious, and now that he is explaining why he is taking certain teams, he is fully exposed.

Its bang, get all the bets in for as much as possible, and if it hits get paid, if not, oh well look for new clients.
    Free rolling.

Anyone who watches that and thinks they can make money off this guy is meant to get taken.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    People can talk all they want but the fact is the best cappers in the world are picking "maybe" 60% over a large sample. At -110 juice you have to be picking 55% just to get even. Touts realize this so the way they pad beating a tough thing is to charge for picks whether it be selling them for a flat fee or doing this percentage scheme freeroll which is getting essentially some clueless fuck getting raped in the ass.

This show continues to be comically bad tv but this week's episode was the least interesting (on the bad level) that the rest of them have been.

I just wish that guy smashed Pirelli's face in even more because that fucker deserves it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I can't get over how bad this thing is. It's so bad that it almost feels like MSNBC should be exposed legally for airing it. It's like airing a ponzi scheme.

Beyond their shadiness, it's astounding how little they understand sportsbetting at all. Everything they say is retarded. All of them. Every person on this forum would look like a genius compared to these guys. They have said 20 laughable things in the episodes I've seen, but my favorite was the kid this past week saying, "I like betting unders. You're already winning when the game starts."
    Not to be a douche but it's CNBC. And between this show the re runs of shark tank and "The Profit" they have the fastest growing ratings in prime time (only because they were dog shit before). Long story short I expect more of this bullshit over the next year or two.

Load Metric
    First of all, the show is ridiculously bad. The worst train wreck I've probably ever seen.
    Secondly, a la most train wrecks I cannot look away. I binged on 4 episodes in on evening.

OK, here's the kicker. Go here for Steve's Penthouse interview:

https://www.vipsportslasvegas.com/da...ine-interview/

See Steve talk about his business. Then do the math.

In the interview with Penthouse above he claims he has a 60-68% hit percentage all season.

If you lose $1,100 when Steve is wrong and only net $500 when he's right, you need a....WAIT FOR IT.....

73.3% hit percentage to BREAK EVEN!!!

So by Steve's own reckoning, he's losing money for ALL of his clients.

These guys that bet 100s of thousands with him can't see this?!!!! LOL. Wow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    First of all, the show is ridiculously bad. The worst train wreck I've probably ever seen.
    Secondly, a la most train wrecks I cannot look away. I binged on 4 episodes in on evening.

OK, here's the kicker. Go here for Steve's Penthouse interview:

https://www.vipsportslasvegas.com/da...ine-interview/

See Steve talk about his business. Then do the math.

In the interview with Penthouse above he claims he has a 60-68% hit percentage all season.

If you lose $1,100 when Steve is wrong and only net $500 when he's right, you need a....WAIT FOR IT.....

So by Steve's own reckoning, he's losing money for ALL of his clients.

These guys that bet 100s of thousands with him can't see this?!!!! LOL. Wow.
    I like how he acts like he wasn't outed on the Darian Notaro thing, (this writer believed it), and a year in jail for just working at a crooked company? right, people at Enron got less..............He left out that he went back to jail, for the exact same thing.

And if this writer had done his home work, and not acted like the internet it out to get him, he could have called him out on a total lie.
    SS- "......I’m putting the “real” back in reality. This isn’t the scripted, fake BS you see everywhere else."..........Really???, then explain these conversations you are having, in between games, that went simultaneously?

I don't get why he spends so much time explaining he isn't a bookie, why would anyone think that? Just shows he has no clue.
    Lucky for him that writer doesn't either.

Banned
    Load Metric

I don't see that mentioned anywhere in the article. What is his actual fee?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

He mentions several times over the episodes they've had so far what he made off someone which is usually in the 40-50% range on what the client wins which really all depends when they agree to settle as to if/when he gets his cut.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

He mentions several times over the episodes they've had so far what he made off someone which is usually in the 40-50% range on what the client wins which really all depends when they agree to settle as to if/when he gets his cut.
    Hockey playoff pre empted them this week. I'll have to try to catch it on demand.

I'd say it is 40 % of the overall profit.
    If they win the 1st game, they want it then, before the next game they give you for sure, as they know it can be the only win for a while.
    If they lose, they pull the "well, you have to expect to lose" (of course, that wasn't mentioned prior to the 1st bet) and hopefully string them along to bet more games for more $$$, until they are either up and get the 40 %, or until the client can't lose anymore cash.

Totally free rolling. You get suckers doing that, there is no reason to waste time analyzing picks, just work on sales.

Or..have them bet on the opposite sides and take guaranteed $$$$.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Hockey playoff pre empted them this week. I'll have to try to catch it on demand.

I'd say it is 40 % of the overall profit.
    If they win the 1st game, they want it then, before the next game they give you for sure, as they know it can be the only win for a while.
    If they lose, they pull the "well, you have to expect to lose" (of course, that wasn't mentioned prior to the 1st bet) and hopefully string them along to bet more games for more $$$, until they are either up and get the 40 %, or until the client can't lose anymore cash.

Totally free rolling. You get suckers doing that, there is no reason to waste time analyzing picks, just work on sales.

Or..have them bet on the opposite sides and take guaranteed $$$$.
    I saw it tonight.

Anyways, tried to look at the games they played during this episode and some were not on similar weeks.

You could be right when Stevens/employees get paid which I have several theories but the thing is they actually lose the first game so often probably showing those ones for drama in these episodes so people can see Stevens pull out of the hole at the end.

I can't recall an episode where the client Stevens caters around town don't at least break even by the end which normally it's a weekend of plays.

Total free rolling for sure. Their is no way over a decent sample a client will come out ahead which is why they need new ones all the time as the turnover rate is worse then employees working at a fast food place.

Tonight's episode had some millionaire poker player hanging out with Pirelli which the guy was betting $1k a game and it seemed they shot that off in a few hours at a strip club he meets the client at.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I finally watched the show. Forget about it being obviously staged because all reality is like that but it's supposed to at least be based on what their business does right?

So my question is who are these people that pay a tout like this in the first place? And my even bigger question is who are these people that pay a tout exponentially more based on their bet size? That's the thing I hated about that Al Pacino sports betting movie and seemed fake beyond belief.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    I finally watched the show. Forget about it being obviously staged because all reality is like that but it's supposed to at least be based on what their business does right?

So my question is who are these people that pay a tout like this in the first place? And my even bigger question is who are these people that pay a tout exponentially more based on their bet size? That's the thing I hated about that Al Pacino sports betting movie and seemed fake beyond belief.

In the pilot episode, that guy was acting. That "we need to win now" talk was 100 % staged, as it was in between 2 games that went at the same time.
    I think the rest are just suckers w/disposable income, probably doesn't take them too long to figure it out.
    Not one of the customers on TV have been clients longer than 3 weeks, (probably came to LV be on TV, etc)

The only one that seemed to know what he was doing didn't go for any of the guy's shit, (or at least bitched)
    He didn't like buying points, and he bets like 10 % of what Stevens was told he would bet.
    I think stevens told him to hit the bricks which i don't get, he was still betting like $ 1000 a game.

Aside from him, they are definitely not everyday gamblers, one was even female, was like mid-30's, a strong 6 maybe a 7, seriously doubt she is betting games daily.

I'd just lie about my bet size, but it seems like these guys just keep pushing you to bet more and more. (While acting like they are professors of money management.) They talk a lot about it, but don't seem to know the slightest thing about money management.

Load Metric
    This jerk is going to start to make money off appearance fees too. I already know a small group of guys that are going to try and get him to show up at the Wynn this fall. I have to imagine there will be some others that will do the same.

Load Metric
    This jerk is going to start to make money off appearance fees too. I already know a small group of guys that are going to try and get him to show up at the Wynn this fall. I have to imagine there will be some others that will do the same.
    That is sickening.
    He is hitting an industry that is on the uptick, but its like they went back 20 yrs to when these guys were real crooks to find this guy.

CNBC will start back up peoples bets if they lose type of shit just to keep the show going..

"Let me do my job" equates to "let me free roll off your bets".

Load Metric
    So what scam is this guy pulling here?
    Sending the same tweets over and over by different people,

Name:  fake tweets.JPG
Views: 892
Size:  30.7 KB
    Name:  fake tweets2.JPG
Views: 933
Size:  29.3 KB
    Name:  fake tweets4.JPG
Views: 910
Size:  21.5 KB
    Name:  fake tweets5.JPG
Views: 906
Size:  37.3 KB
    Name:  fake tweets3.JPG
Views: 905
Size:  19.1 KB

Load Metric
    i wonder if that show gets clowned on other sports betting forums as well...

Bronze
    Load Metric
    has thread on in sports betting on 2+2 n just gets smashed

Diamond
    Load Metric
    greatest show since season 1 of Jersey Shore

Thread Information