Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ufc on fox

Load Metric

ufc on fox

anyone watching?

Just took Rory Mac for -222

Might try dog in other main event.

Load Metric
    No actually forgot about this, thanks for the heads up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Robbie Lawler looked great.

Man what a snoozer this MacDonald vs Ellenberrger fight is when it had so much potential if each guy wasn't trying to feel one another out the entire fight. I like Rory but after that mess I would dock both these guys in the Welterweight rankings because that was painful to watch.

It's very hard to pick against Mighty Mouse in the main event but I never bet any favorite over -180 it's like a golden rule I have in MMA.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Robbie Lawler looked great.

Man what a snoozer this MacDonald vs Ellenberrger fight is when it had so much potential if each guy wasn't trying to feel one another out the entire fight. I like Rory but after that mess I would dock both these guys in the Welterweight rankings because that was painful to watch.

It's very hard to pick against Mighty Mouse in the main event but I never bet any favorite over -180 it's like a golden rule I have in MMA.
    Well ya anything can happen (Silva).

Took Moraga for half profit from Rory. Which I agree they both held back bigtime. Why didn't Ellenberger do that the whole third round instead of the last minute? Instead he just let Rory jab him to the loss.

Rory is definitely looking good thought and is going to be a GSP-like force...even if his fights are a bit boring.

Load Metric
    There were no winners in that fight. We all lost for having to sit through that shit. Ellenberger lost because he couldn't get near Rory and Rory lost because that "elusive" "jabby" performance just set him back 2 or 3 places on the ww depth chart imo.

Load Metric
    looks like late money on Moraga. Went from +400 to +350

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Well ya anything can happen (Silva).

Took Moraga for half profit from Rory. Which I agree they both held back bigtime. Why didn't Ellenberger do that the whole third round instead of the last minute? Instead he just let Rory jab him to the loss.

Rory is definitely looking good thought and is going to be a GSP-like force...even if his fights are a bit boring.
    It's true anything can happen and the Flyweight division is still very new but I don't think it's fair to compare a hungry fighter in Johnson to Silva who clearly lost his motivation vs. Weidman.

Ellenberger didn't seem to try at all until maybe a little in the third round. He is a much more aggro fighter then that and he had to know he stood no chance without trying to bring that which in part I'll credit Rory for not allowing but Ellenberger just didn't try hard at all.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    looks like late money on Moraga. Went from +400 to +350
    I like that +350

Load Metric
    Ellenberger-MacDonald wasn't that bad. They neutralized each other & for all the smack talk Ellenberger did you'd think he'd try & finish this fight instead of playing it so safe.

The match that pisses me off was the Edwards-Cruikshanks bout on the prelims. Cruikshanks runs the whole time & wins. I can see it if he outstruck while counterpunching or his strikes were more effective but they weren't. He must have gotten credit for a bunch of flashy kicks that didn't land at all. I mean when the guy blocks them all cleanly how can they give him credit for a significant strike? Some of them were so weak that even if they landed I'd be hard pressed to call them significant. That decision was a joke.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    This has been a total mismatch for the first 2 rounds. Of course this is MMA & anything can happen going forward.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    This has been a total mismatch for the first 2 rounds. Of course this is MMA & anything can happen going forward.
    Yup

Moraga needs a lucky punch or sub from back.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Power has nothing on extreme speed when you can't hit a guy.

Mighty Mouse strategy is pure genius.

Load Metric
    wow that punch could of changed the fight, too bad the rd was over

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    The best and really only good punch from Moraga but Johnson recovered quickly though he was bleeding.

Moraga's last hope is if somehow he can land a nose punch again but good luck with that.

Load Metric
    If Moraga was a legitimate contender then this division is in real trouble. He had nothing but a punchers chance.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    The best and really only good punch from Moraga but Johnson recovered quickly though he was bleeding.

Moraga's last hope is if somehow he can land a nose punch again but good luck with that.
    I thought he would of had more fight in him, kinda liked the thug aspect. The flying knee attempt after that solid punch was stupid, whiffed and just landed on his back. And his ground game was terrible, needs to work on the bjj, but has potential that guy.

Load Metric
    Ellenberger-MacDonald wasn't that bad. They neutralized each other & for all the smack talk Ellenberger did you'd think he'd try & finish this fight instead of playing it so safe.

The match that pisses me off was the Edwards-Cruikshanks bout on the prelims. Cruikshanks runs the whole time & wins. I can see it if he outstruck while counterpunching or his strikes were more effective but they weren't. He must have gotten credit for a bunch of flashy kicks that didn't land at all. I mean when the guy blocks them all cleanly how can they give him credit for a significant strike? Some of them were so weak that even if they landed I'd be hard pressed to call them significant. That decision was a joke.

Not sure what fight you were watching its was awful. Even Dana said it was, and he spins the worst shit to make it seem good.

Main event was a great fight though.

Load Metric
    If Moraga was a legitimate contender then this division is in real trouble. He had nothing but a punchers chance.

The sad thing is people who dont fight dont realize who good Moraga really is. MM is just on another level then anyone in that weight class.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

The sad thing is people who dont fight dont realize who good Moraga really is. MM is just on another level then anyone in that weight class.
    lol @ being a male, 5-2 and 125 pounds

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

lol @ being a male, 5-2 and 125 pounds
    still not looking to get knocked out cold by him...

Thread Information