Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Daly's 2014 WSOP PLO8 Blog

Load Metric
    Finlay smashed a few heads playing 5-10 last night, but still managed to lose a big one. Current roll $1,811.

Disappointment of the night came when I flopped a set of 4's with two diamonds in a 4 way, $600 pot at the turn hand. Turn and river Diamond, Diamond of course.

Highlight of the night was in the BB with 6s-5s, 5 handed $25 PP pre with a 3s-2s-X flop. I checked the flop and called a $80 bet that me and one other called. The Caller behind me I put on spades as well so I figured i was drawing to one of the 4 fours in the deck. Up jumped the devil on the turn, the 4c. I checked and the guy behind bet $300 and the original bettor folded. i shoved for $500 and he snapped called. He said he had bigger spades but I don't think so the way it played out.

Anyway I added the first pumpkin chip (pumpkins are $1K at the PBKC, not the $25K you see at caesars).

I'm headed back over now for an afternoon session.

I'm happy that I'm just a few weeks into the Blog/roll. Up $1300 is 1 hour of poker to some, esp with some of the pros on this site, but there are some people who don't bring home $1300 in a biweekly paycheck. If I can average "just" $1000 a month for the next 10 months I'll be in Vegas next year no problem. I feel like writing this up helps my results as I'm much more selective about when to speculate.

Load Metric
    When Thomas Jefferson wrote the declaration of independence he included a phrase that has become very famous. "We hold these truths to be self evident". It was kind of his way of saying... well duh. I think the game of poker has a few truths that are very much self evident. Above all else I think there are two truths.

#1 On the days when the fucking chino rheem clone clone at your table crams it in with his 7 high flush draw and hits every time vs your made hand you just aint going to win money. When your opponents are hitting draws its "self evident" that you have no fucking chance.

Today was all about the #2 Truth of poker. When you play a multiple hour session and are blessed with having Aces four times, if you go 1 for 4 you have no chance to make money. Again - self evident. Too bad because I think I played well and would have come out in the green if not for the three Aces hands.

Down $410 roll now stands at $1,401

Load Metric
    Not playing anything but 5-10 from now on... Story to come

Load Metric
    It's been too long a day to write up the full days activity, but it was a big swing day for sure.

Went in the AM and played 5-10 and got up $200. The Omaha table opened with a good to great lineup and proceed to get clocked. Never been on such a bad run playing Omaha. Ended up loosing the $200 and $500 more to end the afternoon with a roll of 900.

I felt bad about the afternoon and figured it might be time for a small break but the wife and kid were in bed early tonight so I went back.

Went right to 5-10 and on the third hand I flopped a set of Queens and turned a boat vs someone who flopped a set of tens and another guy who thought his club draw was good after the board paired came along for the ride as well. three hands and back to even on the day. They had three tables of 5-10 running tonight and even though I had a great amount of luck at this table, another table had a few players who I know as bad players so I decided to make a change. I'm happy I did. I left that table up 1250.

Ending roll $2,650

Tomorrow, unless I get shit from work in the AM, I'm headed to the hard rock to play in the $15K Omaha 8 (limit) Tournament.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    It's been too long a day to write up the full days activity, but it was a big swing day for sure.

Went in the AM and played 5-10 and got up $200. The Omaha table opened with a good to great lineup and proceed to get clocked. Never been on such a bad run playing Omaha. Ended up loosing the $200 and $500 more to end the afternoon with a roll of 900.

I felt bad about the afternoon and figured it might be time for a small break but the wife and kid were in bed early tonight so I went back.

Went right to 5-10 and on the third hand I flopped a set of Queens and turned a boat vs someone who flopped a set of tens and another guy who thought his club draw was good after the board paired came along for the ride as well. three hands and back to even on the day. They had three tables of 5-10 running tonight and even though I had a great amount of luck at this table, another table had a few players who I know as bad players so I decided to make a change. I'm happy I did. I left that table up 1250.

Ending roll $2,650

Tomorrow, unless I get shit from work in the AM, I'm headed to the hard rock to play in the $15K Omaha 8 (limit) Tournament.

any limit games run in florida?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Ending roll $2,650

any limit games run in florida?
    TONS of Limit......but most of it's 4-8 or under. You do see some 10-20 at The Isle from time to time. The money is in NL down here.

Load Metric
    Down $775 yesterday.

Played a 5-5 PLO at the Hard Rock before the tournament. Bought in for $500 and chipped up to $850.... and promptly got it all in My A-A-8-4 Double suited vs 9-10-J-Q on a X-8-J flop. We ran it twice and he hit both times.

Played in the Omaha8 tournament and never won more then two hands in a row. Set a record for pairs of Aces and Pairs of Duces and the coup de gras was a one outer. My A-A-2-3 was all in vs one other guy and the only way he could scoup was to go runner runner 2-3, with the 2 being the case 2. This was where he was at in the hand.

Scoop: 0.54%
    Hi: 49.53% Hi Tie: 0.00%
    Lo: 0.54% Lo Tie: 0.00%

Seriously the worst beat I have ever had at a poker table. Not only did he hit a 1 outer, he needed to go perfect and THEN the 1 outer.

Not a big deal because I was medium stacked the dinner break was coming up. i was frustrated after 6 hours of not getting it going and I was tired after playing to 2AM the night before.

Load Metric
    I got fucking owned today. Same guy beat me in 3 big hands in the matter of 40 minutes. The roll stands at $1,060

Load Metric
    Back in the saddle again. Huge night up $1350. Highlight of the night was calling $100 pre with Q-Q and flopping top set vs what turned out to be Aces and rivering quads. Somehow managed to get paid all in.

I do have "an announcement" to make RE: the roll. I promised the family we would go to Disney this winter and meet up with three families we are tight with from back home in Boston who will be down. The only way I can make this work is to pilfer from the roll to pay for the Hotel. So I'm withdrawing $800 from the roll to make this work. I'll note this amount next year when Its time to figure out vegas.

Starting $1050 - won $1350 - withdraw $800 = Roll at $1600.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    GLGL. I've been reading here and there. Live Poker has so many ups and downs.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    GLGL. I've been reading here and there. Live Poker has so many ups and downs.
    Thank you sir - and yes it does.

Load Metric
    A quick add ab out last night. I think it was Mike Caro that said Good players are usually ahead and bad players are usually behind, so it stands to reason that truly good players rarely put a bad beat on another player. General speaking I'm good with my reads, but last night I had the worst read in quite some time.

Latin kid opens up Under the gun for $40 He gets two callers and I have 8d-7d in the Hijack, the blinds complete. First of all the raiser acted all strange when he made the raise and instantly touched his mouth... He looked anything but strong. My guess was K-Q or something along these lines. It also didn't help that he won a raised pot 5 minutes earlier with J-4.... My read - the full-o-shit meeter was going off bigtime.

Flop brings 9-6-3 rainbow. He fires $100 "with authority" and everyone folds around. I made the call. River is a 3. He fires $220 more all in. At this point I figured I was getting about 2-1 on my money and I honestly thought he had Ace high air at best. Gives me 14 outs as I really really thought a 8 or 7 would do it. So i gave him the speech about how I think he has nothing and its getting late... AKA the speech nobody ever wants to hear. I call.....

he flips over A-A.

I can honestly say that's the worst read I have made in 3-4 years.

River 10

Load Metric
    Played last night. Roll is at 1250. A real prize fight night. Started off picking up A-K 6 times in 15 hands. Raised to $50 each time and didn't end up playing the hand once, but I did pick up about $200 in limps and blinds. That was a bout the highlight of the night.

I flatted $150 in the SB with K-K against a guy I'd bet my life had a A-K with the intention of shoving with a no ace flop. A-7-4 of course. Check fold, and he tables A-K. I had a strange feeling about that and I trust my read that we would have called all in for $350ish that he had behind pre, so I just saved money.

Lost with 10-10 and 9-9 on the button to this old guy who flatted with K-Q - I cant wait to play this guy again.... twice he hit his Q on the flop, checked to me as I bet $60-$70 and he shoved for $300-$400. He overplays Broadway "non TPTK" hands like i have ever seen.

Threw a bit of a daygo fit at the end of the night when me and this other guy had one guy all in for $40ish and we checked it down to the river (I flopped 2 pair) and he fires $20 when he hit broadway. I got up and left feeling bad about the mini rant, but it kind of pissed me off.

Load Metric
    Ended up playing Fri during the day and won ~$500. Roll is at $1750 (with $800 taken out previously so $2550).

Load Metric
    Taken a few days off to go back to Boston to see some friends and to draft some football teams. I'm looking forward to getting back to it tonight.

Load Metric
    Fucking smashed heads tonight. Roll sits at $3,150, and that's after the $800 withdrawal.

First hand I played I "woke up" with 8-8 and flopped a set on a 8 high board and cracked J-J for $250.

A few hands later I raised to $35 with A-10, picked up 3 callers and continuation bet $50 on a K-J-2 board, got 3 callers again and spiked the Q on the Turn with a harmless 7 on the river. Won $800 in that hand.

Flopped Broadway with K-J and got someone with top 2 all in for another $400.

Only hand of the night I fucked up was flatting with 10-10 on a $20 button straddle hand and the button made it 110 to go. I called and fired $130 into the J-7-3 board with two d. He gave a speech asked how much I had and called. Went check check on the turn and I checked the K river and he fired all in for $250 and I folded. He said he had Ad-Kd..... I think I believe that line. Type of hand where if I fire the turn he flopped top set, and if I check he has A-K. The flat for $130 really messed with my mind and I didnt think I had a good read either way.

Anyway - its always the ones you lose. Hope to keep this train going.

Load Metric
    Found a black chip in the dryer this AM.

$3250

Load Metric

Smile

$3250

That's pretty presumptuous. It's probably your wife's.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

$3250

That's pretty presumptuous. It's probably your wife's.
    No doubt she is fucking some other poker player...

Load Metric
    Played for a few hours during the day yesterday - no real big hands to speak of. Booked $150 loss.

Thread Information