Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice on a possible scammer

Platinum
    Load Metric

Need some advice on a possible scammer

I don't have much time right now so I will try to keep it short. This is just a hunch, not confirmed but I am pretty sure this girl pulled a fast one on a lot of people. Friends, no less.

This chick on twitter started one of those medical donation pages for her "sick dog" that needed surgery to cost $3500. She got it from followers rather quickly. The day the surgery was scheduled for, allegedly, she gets to the hospital, and they tell her the dog needs an MRI that cost another $2,000 before surgery.

Wait what?? How was this not known if all this shit was scheduled and the dog was brought there being dropped off for the procedure? Anyway, that is when I started to really watch this situation because that didn't make sense. At all.

Then she is asking everyone for help finding a cheaper MRI place, and eventually the surgery isn't had and an "alternative treatment plan" is embarked upon according to her. Of course no one is questioning her at the time, hope it works yadda yadda. Pretty soon the topic falls off the radar, and when anyone asks her about the treatment the dog is doing great and it seems to be working...rather quickly.

The whole situation gets lost in the shuffle, people forget about it and it goes off the radar.

Problem is I researched this treatment that she said she was going to do instead of the surgery, because I was suspicious. $20 per fucking session!! Where did the $3500 go is what I want to know, probably in her pocket.

Now this is twitter, I don't know this girl and she has a lot of "friends" on there who she talks to all the time, most of which donated to this thing. I obviously just can't come out and accuse anyone, especially being that her follower group is pretty much mine as well.

I want to out this bitch but don't know how to go about it. Maybe not "out" her but question where all that fucking money went. Because the "surgery" that was supposed to cost $3500 never happened, and the dog made a miraculous recovery with these $20 treatments it seems.

Shit has been pissing me off for a while.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    I don't have much time right now so I will try to keep it short. This is just a hunch, not confirmed but I am pretty sure this girl pulled a fast one on a lot of people. Friends, no less.

This chick on twitter started one of those medical donation pages for her "sick dog" that needed surgery to cost $3500. She got it from followers rather quickly. The day the surgery was scheduled for, allegedly, she gets to the hospital, and they tell her the dog needs an MRI that cost another $2,000 before surgery.

Wait what?? How was this not known if all this shit was scheduled and the dog was brought there being dropped off for the procedure? Anyway, that is when I started to really watch this situation because that didn't make sense. At all.

Then she is asking everyone for help finding a cheaper MRI place, and eventually the surgery isn't had and an "alternative treatment plan" is embarked upon according to her. Of course no one is questioning her at the time, hope it works yadda yadda. Pretty soon the topic falls off the radar, and when anyone asks her about the treatment the dog is doing great and it seems to be working...rather quickly.

The whole situation gets lost in the shuffle, people forget about it and it goes off the radar.

Problem is I researched this treatment that she said she was going to do instead of the surgery, because I was suspicious. $20 per fucking session!! Where did the $3500 go is what I want to know, probably in her pocket.

Now this is twitter, I don't know this girl and she has a lot of "friends" on there who she talks to all the time, most of which donated to this thing. I obviously just can't come out and accuse anyone, especially being that her follower group is pretty much mine as well.

I want to out this bitch but don't know how to go about it. Maybe not "out" her but question where all that fucking money went. Because the "surgery" that was supposed to cost $3500 never happened, and the dog made a miraculous recovery with these $20 treatments it seems.

Do you know her personally?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

No, do not know her personally.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Does she exist or is this person a possible catfish?

Platinum
    Load Metric

Does she exist or is this person a possible catfish?
    Oh no she very well exists...many people on twitter have hung out wirh her, are friends or acquaintances of hers.

These are mainly the people who donated to rhis thing, but also many who just know her through twitter like myself donated as well. I was going to give something but she hit the goal before I got around to it.

She is pretty well known/liked within the little twitter social circle of people who we all conversate with on there.

Comments

thesidedish: twitter social circle? ur failing

Corrigan: tight life

Lannister: twitter circle jerk, wow you fail at life faggot.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Her name isn't Juanita by any chance?
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    I was going to give something but she hit the goal before I got around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    What is this $20 alternative treatment for dogs that you write of?

What was the dogs diagnosis that needed surgery?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    What is this $20 alternative treatment for dogs that you write of?

What was the dogs diagnosis that needed surgery?
    I can look it up. Matter of fact when I get a chance I will gather all relevant tweets/and more specifics. I will get the donation page and see if it is still up too.

Surgery was for something to do with the spinal cord?, she tweeted something like "can't believe one false move and the dog could be paralyzed" IIRC.

What is also interesting is I tried to search her boyfriend and it appears as if they aren't together anymore and he deleted his account. Could be totally not related though, who knows.

I will be more than happy to send who exactly this person is through PM so they can look at the timeline if anyone wants to take a gander.

Right when the whole MRI BS happened, I immediately thought this is the exact type of thing that will be forgotten about and no one will be the wiser, when people have all types of other stuff going on in their lives. Within a week it of the "scheduled surgery" it was like it never happened. She tweeted about trying to find someone to do a cheap MRI for a day or two, then everyone lost track of the whole situation.

A random person would ask her what was up with the dog here or there, and she would just say dog is doing great, things are good etc etc. Amazing recovery, without $3500 surgery. Shit don't add up.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Boom they still have all the updates on that site....

May 6th...
    What a whirlwind weekend.

I dropped xxxxx off at 7:30 on Friday morning for what I thought was stomach surgery. I ended up coming home with a much different prognosis than I initially had thought.

Last time I updated you all, I had taken xxxxxx to Annapolis Emergency Veterinary Hospital. She was referred to Internal Medicine and a neurologist. I left her there on Friday afternoon, thinking that she was going to have a back procedure done on Saturday. After her consultation with the neurologist, it was determined that xxxxx needs to get an MRI so that they can find out EXACTLY which discs in her back are bulging or have already ruptured. While I understand that this is a necessary step in her road to recovery, I don't understand how they can charge $2000 for JUST an MRI - Not even a surgical procedure.

As we speak, I am researching veterinary schools in Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware, so that I can hopefully find a place where xxxxxxx can get an MRI for a whole lot less. After her hospital stay this weekend, the remaining funds that we raised would cover the MRI, but not a procedure to address their findings. If ANYONE who has been paying attention to xxxxxx case has an "in" with a veterinary clinic, center, etc., please contact me so that I can get in touch with them and see how I can get the MRI scheduled for her.

As for xxxxxxx: Currently, she is on a LOT of medication (5 different meds, to be exact). The goal currently is to keep her relaxed so that she doesn't further aggravate her back. There is a very good chance that she could become paralyzed if she is not kept on the strictest of rest prior to the back procedure that she eventually will have done. We are trying to keep the most positive of outlooks for her, but it is becoming hard, especially when we have gone from one extreme in injuries to another in less than a week.

You all have helped so much thus far - I appreciate your support as the ordeal extends a couple weeks longer than I had hoped.
    May 17th...last update.....

It's been a while since I had updated you all. It's been a long, stressful couple of weeks of weighing options, trying to decide what treatment option would be the most beneficial to xxxxx.

In my last update, I had told you all that xxxx was having back issues, and needed to get an MRI to determine what the next course of action would be. I had a great response from so many different people, who gave me ideas of offices to call as well as other options that might help in making xxxxx better. A good friend of mine told me about Mid Atlantic Veterinary Neurology in Catonsville, where her dog underwent emergency back surgery and recovered quite nicely. I made the decision to go there, to once and for all figure out what exactly is causing this dog all of this pain.

Yesterday, xxxxxx had an extremely thorough examination by Dr. Gainsburg, who is a fantastic guy. He worried that she had not only a disc issue in her back, but a neck issue as well, which was exactly what I did not want to hear. My two options were to get her an MRI immediately, or to take her off of all of the pain medicine and wait a week to see if he could figure out which issue it was, but an MRI would probably have to come immediately after that. I chose to get the MRI done, where it was discovered that she has a herniated disc in her back. No neck issues, thank goodness! I asked what the next step would be - It will be surgery, which runs anywhere from $5,000-$5,500.

So what's the next step for us? I have no idea. I really couldn't tell you. I have heard of laser treatments for animals that relieve back issues, so that's one non-surgical option that I plan on looking into. It's going to take me some time to save $5,000, so it looks like confinement and pain medicine will be our life for the next few months. Maybe a miracle will happen: Maybe she will wake up one morning completely healed. Maybe I will hit the lottery. You never know!

I wouldn't have been able to get her the care that she has received to date without the generosity of you all, which is much appreciated. I will keep you all posted as I figure out where we will go from here

xxxxxxxx 23 May

@xxxxxxxxx what happened with your hound?
    Expand
    XXXXXXXX 23 May

@xxxxxxxx She has a herniated disc, and is about to start laser treatment for it. Surgery would be $5000, so we're going to try laser 1st.

http://www.akcchf.org/canine-health/...-for-dogs.html

Dr. Newkirk describes a typical laser therapy session as lasting between three to 20 minutes.

"Does the dog relax?," he says. "You get a release of endorphins, especially with the Erchonia laser. There are two beams and one of them gets shined on the brain and that creates a sense of well-being. Dogs like it, particularly at the point where they make that association between something that happened to them and something that feels good."

In a typical treatment session, the laser wand is applied to the area to be treated. "Depending on the area and the energy you are delivering, it can take up to 10 to 20 minutes," says Dr. Troy.

And, the good news about laser therapy for dogs is there's no need to shave or clip the area to be treated and the dog doesn't need to be sedated during the process. That means that treatment can be applied multiple times a day or a number of times per week.

Before treatment begins, the dog will be given a full physical along with X-rays if needed. Dr. Newkirk says, "You need a diagnosis. It could be a tumor or it could be a knee or hip problem."

If you have a dog with arthritis, according to Doctors Newkirk and Troy, you can expect to start laser treatment with two to three sessions per week, then decrease sessions to once a week, then once every two weeks.

"We base how many therapy sessions on the response of the animal," Dr. Newkirk says. "If the arthritis is more advanced, then more sessions would be needed."

Price points for laser therapy range from $25.00 to $45.00 per session at the Muller Veterinary Hospital in Walnut, California.

Load Metric

May 6th...

It's been a while since I had updated you all. It's been a long, stressful couple of weeks of weighing options, trying to decide what treatment option would be the most beneficial to xxxxx.

In my last update, I had told you all that xxxx was having back issues, and needed to get an MRI to determine what the next course of action would be. I had a great response from so many different people, who gave me ideas of offices to call as well as other options that might help in making xxxxx better. A good friend of mine told me about Mid Atlantic Veterinary Neurology in Catonsville, where her dog underwent emergency back surgery and recovered quite nicely. I made the decision to go there, to once and for all figure out what exactly is causing this dog all of this pain.

Yesterday, xxxxxx had an extremely thorough examination by Dr. Gainsburg, who is a fantastic guy. He worried that she had not only a disc issue in her back, but a neck issue as well, which was exactly what I did not want to hear. My two options were to get her an MRI immediately, or to take her off of all of the pain medicine and wait a week to see if he could figure out which issue it was, but an MRI would probably have to come immediately after that. I chose to get the MRI done, where it was discovered that she has a herniated disc in her back. No neck issues, thank goodness! I asked what the next step would be - It will be surgery, which runs anywhere from $5,000-$5,500.

So what's the next step for us? I have no idea. I really couldn't tell you. I have heard of laser treatments for animals that relieve back issues, so that's one non-surgical option that I plan on looking into. It's going to take me some time to save $5,000, so it looks like confinement and pain medicine will be our life for the next few months. Maybe a miracle will happen: Maybe she will wake up one morning completely healed. Maybe I will hit the lottery. You never know!

I wouldn't have been able to get her the care that she has received to date without the generosity of you all, which is much appreciated. I will keep you all posted as I figure out where we will go from here

xxxxxxxx 23 May

Expand
    XXXXXXXX 23 May

@xxxxxxxx She has a herniated disc, and is about to start laser treatment for it. Surgery would be $5000, so we're going to try laser 1st.

Dr. Newkirk describes a typical laser therapy session as lasting between three to 20 minutes.

"Does the dog relax?," he says. "You get a release of endorphins, especially with the Erchonia laser. There are two beams and one of them gets shined on the brain and that creates a sense of well-being. Dogs like it, particularly at the point where they make that association between something that happened to them and something that feels good."

In a typical treatment session, the laser wand is applied to the area to be treated. "Depending on the area and the energy you are delivering, it can take up to 10 to 20 minutes," says Dr. Troy.

And, the good news about laser therapy for dogs is there's no need to shave or clip the area to be treated and the dog doesn't need to be sedated during the process. That means that treatment can be applied multiple times a day or a number of times per week.

Before treatment begins, the dog will be given a full physical along with X-rays if needed. Dr. Newkirk says, "You need a diagnosis. It could be a tumor or it could be a knee or hip problem."

If you have a dog with arthritis, according to Doctors Newkirk and Troy, you can expect to start laser treatment with two to three sessions per week, then decrease sessions to once a week, then once every two weeks.

"We base how many therapy sessions on the response of the animal," Dr. Newkirk says. "If the arthritis is more advanced, then more sessions would be needed."

Price points for laser therapy range from $25.00 to $45.00 per session at the Muller Veterinary Hospital in Walnut, California.
    I don't really see any issue here at all. What exactly are you seeing as an issue? She's not saying the laser treatment is 5k, she's saying the surgery is. The laser treatment only treats bone pain in dogs. The dog has a herniated disk. What she's saying is if the laser treatments don't help she's going to have to get actual surgery for the dog that will cost 5000.

Comments

Rollo Tomasi: stop neg dixing me asshole

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

May 6th...

xxxxxxxx 23 May

Expand
    XXXXXXXX 23 May

I don't really see any issue here at all. What exactly are you seeing as an issue? She's not saying the laser treatment is 5k, she's saying the surgery is. The laser treatment only treats bone pain in dogs. The dog has a herniated disk. What she's saying is if the laser treatments don't help she's going to have to get actual surgery for the dog that will cost 5000.
    The issue is she collected $3500 for surgery, and then didn't have it and instead opted for $25-45 treatments that apparently ended pretty quickly.

Load Metric
    There are so many scams nowadays from stuff like this to people faking cancer that I'm hard pressed to believe anything.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

May 6th...

The issue is she collected $3500 for surgery, and then didn't have it and instead opted for $25-45 treatments that apparently ended pretty quickly.

Comments

anonamoose: cry about it some more

Load Metric

May 6th...

But she admitted that she spent 2000 of the 3500 on the MRI and then was saying there was not enough left over to do the surgery. I think you're raising your eyebrow way too much right now. From what I can tell she went to have the surgery and the vet's decided you know what before we put this dog under the knife and find a million things extra wrong with it, let's put it in an MRI to see exactly what's wrong. This also seems confirmed by the fact that initially the surgery was stomach surgery. The vet probably saw other symptoms not noticed before and realized it was misdiagnosed and ordered the MRI. The MRI cost 2000 dollars.

She's now trying to use the remainder of what she has (1500) to see if this laser stuff works. If it doesn't she'll have about 1200 left over so she'll only need to find 3800 more for the last surgery. I think if she was really scamming she would have just straight up said the MRI cost me all of the money and I need 5000 more for this surgery now, as opposed to well we might need to find 5000 somehow if this doesn't work.

Load Metric
    TL;DR

get her on radio might listen to the segment.

Load Metric
    I will be more than happy to send who exactly this person is through PM so they can look at the timeline if anyone wants to take a gander.

Let's just save everyone the effort:

https://twitter.com/qweenofdiamonds

Meghan's a big gal

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post

Let's just save everyone the effort:

https://twitter.com/qweenofdiamonds

Meghan's a big gal

Platinum
    Load Metric

May 6th...

But she admitted that she spent 2000 of the 3500 on the MRI and then was saying there was not enough left over to do the surgery. I think you're raising your eyebrow way too much right now. From what I can tell she went to have the surgery and the vet's decided you know what before we put this dog under the knife and find a million things extra wrong with it, let's put it in an MRI to see exactly what's wrong. This also seems confirmed by the fact that initially the surgery was stomach surgery. The vet probably saw other symptoms not noticed before and realized it was misdiagnosed and ordered the MRI. The MRI cost 2000 dollars.

She's now trying to use the remainder of what she has (1500) to see if this laser stuff works. If it doesn't she'll have about 1200 left over so she'll only need to find 3800 more for the last surgery. I think if she was really scamming she would have just straight up said the MRI cost me all of the money and I need 5000 more for this surgery now, as opposed to well we might need to find 5000 somehow if this doesn't work.
    She never had the damn mri. Can you read?

Load Metric
    She never had the damn mri. Can you read?
    According to her update on May 17th that you posted she said she decided to get the MRI.

My two options were to get her an MRI immediately, or to take her off of all of the pain medicine and wait a week to see if he could figure out which issue it was, but an MRI would probably have to come immediately after that. I chose to get the MRI done
    Do you even read what you post?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information