Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lol @ Micon

Load Metric

Lol @ Micon

Hey @ToddWitteles you gotta tighten up your vouch game -->> http://pic.twitter.com/S1vIcBdf

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    Hey @ToddWitteles you gotta tighten up your vouch game -->> http://pic.twitter.com/S1vIcBdf
    Didn't remember making that post, but this was after he established a 7-month history of nonstop generosity without any kind of issue, so I guess combined with hearing about his $10 million house in Malibu (that Ken Scalir's friend visited and verified he lived there), I decided he was vouch-worthy.

Obviously I shouldn't have said this without knowing more about him, but I should point out that this "vouching" didn't end up hurting anyone, as his only victim on DD was Brandon, who decided to trust him based upon personal interaction, rather than anything I said.

Also, zero chance Micon dug this up himself. Some snake must have PM'd him.

Load Metric
    micon gave some dude with a neck tattoo (that he just met) 10k in hopes of getting 100k BACK the next day

just another case of micon throwing stones from his glass house

Load Metric
    Weaksauce Squirrel dicks Mincon

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    micon gave some dude with a neck tattoo 10k in hopes of getting 100k BACK the next day
    If you can't identify the sucker at the table.....

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post

Didn't remember making that post, but this was after he established a 7-month history of nonstop generosity without any kind of issue, so I guess combined with hearing about his $10 million house in Malibu (that Ken Scalir's friend visited and verified he lived there), I decided he was vouch-worthy.

Obviously I shouldn't have said this without knowing more about him, but I should point out that this "vouching" didn't end up hurting anyone, as his only victim on DD was Brandon, who decided to trust him based upon personal interaction, rather than anything I said.

Also, zero chance Micon dug this up himself. Some snake must have PM'd him.

Load Metric
    I just read Micon's twitter it looks like he is trying to start some shit.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    hey

you done meaned that micon done tried to atak dandruffs charcter - that done be funny - micon forgot who micon is - micon gone come back and feel reel sorry - dandruff aint tried to beat nobody unles on the poker table - micon done gone mitt romney on the world - he lyin

slim t

Load Metric
    Obviously I shouldn't have said this without knowing more about him, but I should point out that this "vouching" didn't end up hurting anyone, as his only victim on DD was Brandon, who decided to trust him based upon personal interaction, rather than anything I said
    lol @ this you would have burned micon at the stake if it was him saying this, but since its you full exoneration plus a pat on the back.and a shame on micon for bringing this uncomfortable situation up. lol lol lol talk about a fraud
    you may want to accidentally delete this thread as well.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Has everyone forgot that when Druff made this statement that PeterDC was in good standing at that time? Does Druff have the supernatural ability to look into the future to see that PeterDC turned out to be a scammer?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    lol @ this you would have burned micon at the stake if it was him saying this, but since its you full exoneration plus a pat on the back.and a shame on micon for bringing this uncomfortable situation up. lol lol lol talk about a fraud
    you may want to accidentally delete my account as well.

FYP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Does Druff have the supernatural ability to look into the future to see that PeterDC turned out to be a scammer?

Micon thought he would get 100k for 10k the next day so anything is possible.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Has everyone forgot that when Druff made this statement that PeterDC was in good standing at that time? Does Druff have the supernatural ability to look into the future to see that PeterDC turned out to be a scammer?
    I hear you boots, but the fact remains that he vouched for a scammer and has to own that IMO. Long term I won't hold it against him, but I thought his recent comments on the matter have been very weak.

We all make mistakes, but one of the most important things in life is owning up to your mistakes, learning from them and accepting responsibility. Instead, Druff gave a long winded story starting with the comment that he never vouched for him. This is incorrect. Not only did he vouch for him, but it was a very strong vouching as well.

Once Micon outed his vouch, Druff started backtracking like a mother talking about how peterdc was in good standing and blah blah blah and that nobody was hurt by his vouch.....

Druff has no idea who may have put what stock in that vouch and it was a silly thing to say.

The bottom line is that Druff vouched for the wrong turd and got burned. It's happened to all of us, but he should own it, take responsibility and learn from the mistake. No amount of misdirection or subterfuge is necessary, just own your shit. People respect that a lot more, at least I do.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    I hear you boots, but the fact remains that he vouched for a scammer and has to own that IMO. Long term I won't hold it against him, but I thought his recent comments on the matter have been very weak.

We all make mistakes, but one of the most important things in life is owning up to your mistakes, learning from them and accepting responsibility. Instead, Druff gave a long winded story starting with the comment that he never vouched for him. This is incorrect. Not only did he vouch for him, but it was a very strong vouching as well.

Once Micon outed his vouch, Druff started backtracking like a mother talking about how peterdc was in good standing and blah blah blah and that nobody was hurt by his vouch.....

Druff has no idea who may have put what stock in that vouch and it was a silly thing to say.

The bottom line is that Druff vouched for the wrong turd and got burned. It's happened to all of us, but he should own it, take responsibility and learn from the mistake. No amount of misdirection or subterfuge is necessary, just own your shit. People respect that a lot more, at least I do.
    This is spot on.

Saying I can vouch for someone is a sacred statement in the world of gambling, and Druff's "vouch" was about as crystal clear as you can get. If nobody got hurt that's fine, but you still vouched for the guy, basically 100%. This isn't an issue of semantics where Druff said "PeterDC has always done right by me" or "I've never had an issue dealing with him". Druff's statement was about as close to "it's on me if anything happens" as you can get. Should Druff be pilloried for this? No, everyone makes mistakes. But I think he should own it, and say I made a bad mistake, thankfully nobody --as far as I know-- got burned, and I've been working double-time ever since to make sure nobody else makes the same mistake.

I have no horse in this race when it comes to the sides some of you have chosen, having only discovered DD during the Travis Makar thing and don't know either Micon or Druff, although I will say I prefer Druff's style to Micon's and the PFA forums to DD.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Obviously I shouldn't have said this without knowing more about him, but I should point out that this "vouching" didn't end up hurting anyone, as his only victim on DD was Brandon, who decided to trust him based upon personal interaction, rather than anything I said
    I doubt druff would fry micon for this and had Peter not been outed as a Degenerate Gambling Scammer I am sure Micon would have vouged for Peter too if someone asked Micon if he was legit because there was really no reason to believe he was not legit.

I gave the guy a few winning picks and chatted with him online and he actually booked my bets and paid me like 1k in winners. Then he offered me and someone else a limo to our hotels when we arrived in Vegas.

He put me up at the Bellagio for 2 nights and a baller room @ Caesars for several more nights. He also gave me access to charge everything back to the room. He told me to take the boys out to dinner and order whatever we wanted as well as charge all drinks to the room which I did. All we had to do was tip in cash I believe.

If someone asked me to vouge for him after that week I would have said he is 100 % legit so far in my interactions and I would see no reason not to trust the guy.

Vouging just gives someone a read on someone they don't know. Doesn't mean the vouger is responsible for anything. This guy was and is good at what he does and had a long 7 month track record of hooking up people with a lot of stuff. I think Micon or Brandon saw the guy with like 250k in winning tickets or open bets at one point or something like that.

You could ship 20k to a known pro who has a great track record and for all you know they could be broke and never ship you 20k back on a trade.

In the end it is up to each individual to make their own decisions on whether to trust somebody.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Steve-O;8157]
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

. Druff's statement was about as close to "it's on me if anything happens" as you can get. .
    This is absolutely ludicrous IMO. You get info from people on other people you are going to deal with in the poker and gambling world. It's all under the table dealings. Druff has nothing to gain by saying someone is trustworthy or whatever but if that's his read then that's his read.

Like I said in my previous post in the end nobody should be responsible because they vouged for someone. It is just their read.

In the end you get information on someone or something and you make your decision. if you get burned you get burned, someone vouging for someone shouldn't be insurance on your gamble

Load Metric
    at first i thought it was a simple typo, until chinamaniac misspelled it three more times

has he turned into delaware?

is vouge the new bog?

Load Metric
    you make a good point bootsy but did you read the post? would you make a strong vouch for some one if you knew them for only a short time and hear say? I dident think so.

DanDruff wrote:
    I can vouch for peterdc, BTW. You can ship to him first with no worries. And I mean zero worries.
    this is a very strong statement when you say something like this i would expect that you would have intimate knowledge about this guy and there financial situation and have known them for more than one year i would say 20 years is adequate, saying somthing like this is like putting your reputation on the line for this guy,
    and its really difficult to say if druffs statement has done any damage as this guy is a cold calculating fucker and may have shown unsuspecting targets the post as todd is meant to be a credible type of guy, plus some some one may have read the post and decided to do business with the guy based on Druffs vouch.
    its really the best vouch i have ever seen

Ricky stick with the little boys threads
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

I doubt druff would fry micon for this and had Peter not been outed as a Degenerate Gambling Scammer I am sure Micon would have vouged for Peter too if someone asked Micon if he was legit because there was really no reason to believe he was not legit.

I gave the guy a few winning picks and chatted with him online and he actually booked my bets and paid me like 1k in winners. Then he offered me and someone else a limo to our hotels when we arrived in Vegas.

He put me up at the Bellagio for 2 nights and a baller room @ Caesars for several more nights. He also gave me access to charge everything back to the room. He told me to take the boys out to dinner and order whatever we wanted as well as charge all drinks to the room which I did. All we had to do was tip in cash I believe.

If someone asked me to vouge for him after that week I would have said he is 100 % legit so far in my interactions and I would see no reason not to trust the guy.

Vouging just gives someone a read on someone they don't know. Doesn't mean the vouger is responsible for anything. This guy was and is good at what he does and had a long 7 month track record of hooking up people with a lot of stuff. I think Micon or Brandon saw the guy with like 250k in winning tickets or open bets at one point or something like that.

You could ship 20k to a known pro who has a great track record and for all you know they could be broke and never ship you 20k back on a trade.

In the end it is up to each individual to make their own decisions on whether to trust somebody.
    I can appreciate what you are saying here and i totally respect you China, the reasoning is sound but you didn't really know the guy so how could you make a solid opinion on weather or not the guy was trust worthy or not from your short but lucrative experience with the guy,
    and to say that micon would have vouched for him is just putting words in his mouth and holds no weight sory.
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    you make a good point bootsy but did you read the post? would you make a strong vouch for some one if you knew them for only a short time and hear say? I dident think so.

DanDruff wrote:
    I can vouch for peterdc, BTW. You can ship to him first with no worries. And I mean zero worries.
    this is a very strong statement when you say something like this i would expect that you would have intimate knowledge about this guy and there financial situation and have known them for more than one year i would say 20 years is adequate, saying somthing like this is like putting your reputation on the line for this guy,
    and its really difficult to say if druffs statement has done any damage as this guy is a cold calculating fucker and may have shown unsuspecting targets the post as todd is meant to be a credible type of guy, plus some some one may have read the post and decided to do business with the guy based on Druffs vouch.
    its really the best vouch i have ever seen

Ricky stick with the little boys threads
    Did you try the lobster macaroni reciepe that I gave you? Was it delicious and easy to make? I am having company over and would like to hear how yours turned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Thread Information