Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Posting & not drinking at 35,000 feet

Load Metric
    Druff getting free/discounted internet next time -8500

Druff letting it go +5000

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Flew Emirates from Heathrow to Tokyo via Dubai. Internet is free for 10MB then $1 after for 500MB. Essentially free wifi for whole plan flight! Emirates is GOAT, even in economy.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: Emirates 1st class is a life goal

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Flew Emirates from Heathrow to Tokyo via Dubai. Internet is free for 10MB then $1 after for 500MB. Essentially free wifi for whole plan flight! Emirates is GOAT, even in economy.
    Isn’t that the terrorist airline?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Hold up, have you been on this flight the last 4 years?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, I had the weirdest problem occur on the flight to Miami on November 3.

The light and call flight attendant buttons kept going on by themselves, as if a ghost was pressing them.

The steward came over and at first was annoyed with me, insisting that Benjamin was probably doing it. I countered that these were WAY up high and over me (not him), and would require him to jump in order to reach.

Later in the flight, that same steward witnessed this shit happening on its own, and he said he would report it to maintenance.

But it was tilting to have to keep reaching up and turn the light off over and over, as well as having the steward repeatedly show up (until they finally acknowledged this was defective and just started ignoring the call button).

In all my years of flying, I've never seen anything like this. It was only happening over my seat, and no one else on the plane.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Isn’t that the terrorist airline?

Think you may be getting Emirates confused with the United States Air Force.

Comments

hongkonger:
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Oh, I had the weirdest problem occur on the flight to Miami on November 3.

The light and call flight attendant buttons kept going on by themselves, as if a ghost was pressing them.

The steward came over and at first was annoyed with me, insisting that Benjamin was probably doing it. I countered that these were WAY up high and over me (not him), and would require him to jump in order to reach.

Later in the flight, that same steward witnessed this shit happening on its own, and he said he would report it to maintenance.

But it was tilting to have to keep reaching up and turn the light off over and over, as well as having the steward repeatedly show up (until they finally acknowledged this was defective and just started ignoring the call button).

In all my years of flying, I've never seen anything like this. It was only happening over my seat, and no one else on the plane.

I'm thinking this is worth at least $50 dollar travel voucher, no?

Comments

tigerpiper: plus he couldn't leave his seat and had to pee in a bottle

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Leaving Vegas on my last trip, I got a free bottle of water from Spirit or Delta(cant remember which) when I had my vyvanse and asked for water and she said "Oh to take your medication?" and I'm like " Uh, yeah". She smiled and said sure no problem. Saved $3 bucks.

I would call tomorrow and get a refund for spotty service and super long page loading times. Just like FPS Russia says, we run and own everything, why should you be paying $14 dollars for something black people who live in the projects get for free?
    I don't fuck gogo internet. I will ask them for a discount code, which they always give me, and I'll ask for a free code for next time if the connection really was bad.

However, if it's passable by airplane standards, I won't angle for anything free next time.
    Completely agree with this, I don't think it's proper to outright scam companies. But as you probably know, OSA has little to no moral fortitude

Comments

OSA: disagree
    TRUMP 2024!

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

I don't fuck gogo internet. I will ask them for a discount code, which they always give me, and I'll ask for a free code for next time if the connection really was bad.

However, if it's passable by airplane standards, I won't angle for anything free next time.
    Completely agree with this, I don't think it's proper to outright scam companies. But as you probably know, OSA has little to no moral fortitude

I agree with both of you. However, if a company is going to give me an opening, (much like a person finding a tax loophole), I will take it.

Comments

big dick: of course you will it's what you do. take take take. PIG

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL at American Airlines.

So I had two different reservations, even though we all sat together. One was for myself and Benjamin, and the other was for Ben's mom. This was done for pricing reasons that I won't bother getting into. I had to make 2 separate complaints (one for each reservation) regarding the annoying light/call button thing, which affected all 3 of us because we were all sitting together.

I submitted the identical complaint for each reservation, and here are the two responses I got:

Dear Mr. Witteles:

Thank you for contacting American Airlines Customer Relations.

After reading your email describing your disappointment in us, it's easy to understand why you would question our commitment to quality. It is clear we let you down and I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced. You should expect better service from us.

While I cannot change the circumstances that negatively impacted your travel with us on this occasion, I want you to know we care about you as our customers. With that being said, as a gesture of goodwill, I have added 2,500 Customer Service Bonus miles into both yours and Mr. Benjamin Witteles accounts. These miles will be reflected soon.

Mr. Witteles, we regard all customer feedback as a welcome opportunity to improve and are grateful you took the time to share the details of your recent experience with us. Although things didn't go smoothly, the specific criticisms you provided will help us handle things a little bit better the next time. Please fly with us again soon.

Sincerely,

Gia Corbin
    Customer Relations
    American Airlines

Dear Ms. XXXXXX:

Our aim is not simply to provide transportation to your destination. We want to help our customers enjoy a pleasant journey along the way. We are very sorry that your experience was disappointing when your overhead light and call attendant button was not functioning properly. We realize how uncomfortable the circumstances you described were.

While no refund is due, as more tangible evidence of our concern, we've credited your AAdvantage® account with 3,000 bonus miles. This adjustment should be reflected in your account very soon. You can use the mileage in your account to claim travel awards. We are eager to have another chance to serve you.

Ms. XXXXXXX, we appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Jada Sonnett
    Customer Relations
    American Airlines

So Ben's mom got 3,000, while myself and Benjamin both received only 2,500.

All because we got different reps handling it.

BTW one American Airlines mile is worth about 1.3 cents nowadays, on average.

Comments

simpdog: Gia is such a bitch

Load Metric
    Druff, what is the total value of comps that Benjamin has received in his lifetime thus far?
    TRUMP 2024!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

On my way back from Fairbanks (yes, Fairbanks). Was in Alaska for the past 6 days. Will post pics/vids later.

Even picked an MLB under to sweat while in the air.

Bought economy plus, lucked out that the aisle seat next to me & Ben wasn't filled. But we are changing planes in Seattle where I probably won't be as lucky. I have to buy economy plus at minimum because I'm too tall for standard airline seats.

Fairbanks airport is tiny. Almost nobody there, and yet still security took fairly long (they're super slow).

Radio returns Sunday night.

Thread Information