Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So apparently the Lakers want BOTH Carmelo Anthony and Lebron next year...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

So apparently the Lakers want BOTH Carmelo Anthony and Lebron next year...

And when I say next year, I mean 2014-2015, not 2013-14.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...armelo-anthony

The plan is to have those two join Kobe Bryant, who will be 36 and very possibly a shell of his former self.

While Lebron to LA would be great, I'm not sure if Anthony and Bryant could co-exist with him, not being the stars of the team. And I really don't want to see a team built around just Anthony. You saw how that worked out in Denver, and while New York looked fairly good at 54-28, they still looked far off from championship caliber.

I wouldn't even mind if they just got Lebron, sent Kobe packing that year, and signed a decent supporting cast. The LOL thing will be the fact that Steve Nash will still be under contract in 2014-15, and will turn 41 during the season. Ouch. But he's the only one they're stuck paying at that point.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The plan is to have those two join Kobe Bryant, who will be 36 and very possibly a shell of his former self.

While Lebron to LA would be great, I'm not sure if Anthony and Bryant could co-exist with him, not being the stars of the team. And I really don't want to see a team built around just Anthony. You saw how that worked out in Denver, and while New York looked fairly good at 54-28, they still looked far off from championship caliber.

I wouldn't even mind if they just got Lebron, sent Kobe packing that year, and signed a decent supporting cast. The LOL thing will be the fact that Steve Nash will still be under contract in 2014-15, and will turn 41 during the season. Ouch. But he's the only one they're stuck paying at that point.
    so what you are proposing is Lebron to LAL in 2014 to play with Nash?

You realize aside from the market difference of Cle vs LA (which is obviously significant) this is the exact reason Lebron left Cleveland (his hometown team)?

If you are dumping Kobe and not immediately pairing Lebron with superstars I see very little chance.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dynasty View Post

You realize aside from the market difference of Cle vs LA (which is obviously significant) this is the exact reason Lebron left Cleveland (his hometown team)?

If you are dumping Kobe and not immediately pairing Lebron with superstars I see very little chance.
    No, they would need to sign a better supporting cast to even attract Lebron to LA. I'm just saying that only Nash is under contract, so they will have a lot of flexibility at that point.

I don't think Kobe could ever allow himself to be second banana, so he's really better off retiring than trying to do so.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dynasty View Post

No, they would need to sign a better supporting cast to even attract Lebron to LA. I'm just saying that only Nash is under contract, so they will have a lot of flexibility at that point.

I don't think Kobe could ever allow himself to be second banana, so he's really better off retiring than trying to do so.
    Right but you aren't considering who the supporting cast options are and you have taken out 2 of the biggest names.

You are expecting him to leave a team he won two possibly three championships with for a rebuild?

Load Metric
    Of course they want these guys but I don't think it's too likely to happen in either scenario. Carmelo is more probable, IMO.

Playing with Kobe Bryant isn't fun, just ask Dwight Howard and basically all of his previous teammates that aren't drinking Laker Kool-Aid.

It also looks bad on the Lakers to have passed on Phil Jackson only to hire Mike D'Antoni which turned out to be disastrous given the expectations. Jim Buss doesn't seem to be the man for the job, to put it mildly. Does anyone trust the Lakers to rebuld correctly under this regime?

It is Los Angeles and all, but I can't see Lebron doing anything aside from staying with Miami and going after titles, Jordan style.

It would be great to see him in the Western conference though, just not with the faggot Lakers. A Cleveland return would be a great story, especially since they'll be young and good with one of the best PG in the NBA.

Just don't go to the Lakers, Lebron. I don't give a shit what Carmelo does but it would be interesting to see him as the second best player on a good team.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    There is no chance Lebron goes to LA, he would be looked at so poorly after that it would KILL his marketability. So many people would hate him, say he just doesn't care and has no loyalty to anyone.

Mark my words, won't ever happen. Lebron will stay in Miami, he is going nowhere he can't afford another PR nightmare.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Of course they want these guys but I don't think it's too likely to happen in either scenario. Carmelo is more probable, IMO.

Playing with Kobe Bryant isn't fun, just ask Dwight Howard and basically all of his previous teammates that aren't drinking Laker Kool-Aid.

It also looks bad on the Lakers to have passed on Phil Jackson only to hire Mike D'Antoni which turned out to be disastrous given the expectations. Jim Buss doesn't seem to be the man for the job, to put it mildly. Does anyone trust the Lakers to rebuld correctly under this regime?

It is Los Angeles and all, but I can't see Lebron doing anything aside from staying with Miami and going after titles, Jordan style.

It would be great to see him in the Western conference though, just not with the faggot Lakers. A Cleveland return would be a great story, especially since they'll be young and good with one of the best PG in the NBA.

Just don't go to the Lakers, Lebron. I don't give a shit what Carmelo does but it would be interesting to see him as the second best player on a good team.
    If you actually believe this then you need your head examined. Wade is more a shell of himself than Kobe is, regardless of how Kobe's injury plays out. Wade in two years will be a 15 point guy. Bosh sucks to put it bluntly. Who else does Miami have to go after titles, Jordan style, exactly?

Carmelo Anthony will never play for a team where he isn't the only star. He DOES NOT give a damn about winning, just as Dwight Howard doesn't. The guy is a cancer and ball hog. He refused to play with Amare....not just wouldn't start with him but fucking refused to be on the same court as the guy.

I can see Lebron in LA and I can see him back in Cleveland. Those are the only two places I see the guy playing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

If you actually believe this then you need your head examined. Wade is more a shell of himself than Kobe is, regardless of how Kobe's injury plays out. Wade in two years will be a 15 point guy. Bosh sucks to put it bluntly. Who else does Miami have to go after titles, Jordan style, exactly?

Carmelo Anthony will never play for a team where he isn't the only star. He DOES NOT give a damn about winning, just as Dwight Howard doesn't. The guy is a cancer and ball hog. He refused to play with Amare....not just wouldn't start with him but fucking refused to be on the same court as the guy.

I can see Lebron in LA and I can see him back in Cleveland. Those are the only two places I see the guy playing.
    Say whaaa? Bosh is the best mid-range shooting big man in the game today, and was actually the most accurate shooter from the right elbow this season out of EVERY player in the league. His length mixed with his quickness and smarts on D make him one of the best pick n roll big man defenders, and he's great with rotations.

He fits in perfectly on that team.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Say whaaa? Bosh is the best mid-range shooting big man in the game today, and was actually the most accurate shooter from the right elbow this season out of EVERY player in the league. His length mixed with his quickness and smarts on D make him one of the best pick n roll big man defenders, and he's great with rotations.

If Wade and Bosh are still with the Heat after next year, Lebron opts out. That's how good Bosh is. Bosh wasn't the fifth best guy on the court during the finals. That's how good Bosh is.

If Kyrie is still with the Cavs then I feel strongly Lebron will return there after next season.

Load Metric

Chris Bosh doesn't suck, idiot. Wade takes lots of HGH and is nowhere near washed up. Try actually watching games and stop watching First Take. Dwight Howard will thrive next year assuming he's healthy.

I say Cleveland or Miami for Lebron, just gut feeling. He seems like a simple guy and doesn't want to face huge backlash for going to LA.

Load Metric
    Jim Buss has done the almost impossible, make it undesirable to be a Laker. Right now the Lakers are viewed as a clusterfuck, and Buss viewed as an idiot. You have your sister's fiance openly mocking your decision making process. You just chose a broken Kobe over the logical choice to amnesty him. It's LA, and it will eventually work itself out, but not by next off-season. They are in for like a 3 year rebuild through draft tank, and then a few decent signings.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Jim Buss has done the almost impossible, make it undesirable to be a Laker. Right now the Lakers are viewed as a clusterfuck, and Buss viewed as an idiot. You have your sister's fiance openly mocking your decision making process. You just chose a broken Kobe over the logical choice to amnesty him. It's LA, and it will eventually work itself out, but not by next off-season. They are in for like a 3 year rebuild through draft tank, and then a few decent signings.
    I'll take the over on 3 years. I think their best hope is somehow winning the lottery(which they probably aren't bad enough to do if Kobe is ready for the season) this year and getting Wiggins. In which case they may have a real shot at lebron and melo... If not I can't see how its possible to be rebuilt in 3 years...

Load Metric
    I disagree with that to an extent. I slightly agree that amnestying Kobe would have been logical, but no way they amnesty their franchise player with the Clippers also being a top team right now. They don't want to fall to second fiddle (NBA-wise) in that notoriously fickle sports market of LA, and they still have pieces to which they can rebuild without a full-on tank job. I would not have amnestied Artest either, though.

Gasol can still bring through a fair amount via trade. Nash could bring in some small pieces. If they choose to go that route, even Kobe returning at 80% of his previous ability will have value in a potential trade.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    We could be seeing mid 90s laker teams here which I love cause there is no team I HATE more than the lakers

Bronze
    Load Metric

If Wade and Bosh are still with the Heat after next year, Lebron opts out. That's how good Bosh is. Bosh wasn't the fifth best guy on the court during the finals. That's how good Bosh is.

If Kyrie is still with the Cavs then I feel strongly Lebron will return there after next season.
    Lol what. Bosh is an excellent fit for that team. A big that stretches the floor and can drain FT's. We don't know what Wade has left. There isn't a chance he goes to LA. If there is any team that Lebron goes to it's Cleveland and I doubt that that happens either. The only thing that worries me about him leaving Miami is a couple of bad contracts and they just amnestied one of them.

Load Metric
    When I say Bosh sucks what I mean is he sucks for a guy making the same amount as an elite player. The guy isn't close to an elite player. Elite players never put up a fat goose egg in the finals. Some of you people are just morons.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    When I say Bosh sucks what I mean is he sucks for a guy making the same amount as an elite player. The guy isn't close to an elite player. Elite players never put up a fat goose egg in the finals. Some of you people are just morons.
    He's one of the 20, 25 best players in the league. Overall he had a really good Finals. He works great as a third banana. You don't have to score as much when Lebron James and Dwyane Wade are your teammates.

James Harden "put up a fat goose egg" last year in the Finals. Is he elite?

Aren't you the guy who wanted to share bank account information with somebody to prove that you had more money?

Spend less time trying to understand basketball and more time working on social skills.

Load Metric
    He's one of the 20, 25 best players in the league. Overall he had a really good Finals. He works great as a third banana. You don't have to score as much when Lebron James and Dwyane Wade are your teammates.

Aren't you the guy who wanted to share bank account information with somebody to prove that you had more money?

Spend less time trying to understand basketball and more time working on social skills.
    Did you watch a lot of Miami in the Conf finals and finals? I don't know whether Bosh was hurt or not, but he was missing his mid range jumpers plus shooting ridiculous 3 pters as well.

In the Indiana Series when it was 2-2 he put up 7,7,5,9 and 3,5,4,8 rebounds. I do realize he was undersized to play against Hibbert, but even when they threw out another big Bosh lost his jump shot and was useless.

He had a couple okay games in the Finals but overall he wasn't that effective. We all expected Lebron/Wade to lead, but Bosh is supposed to be their 3rd man spacing the floor with mid range shots and he was non-existent at times. Between him and their 3 pt shooters going cold they almost lost the finals.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Did you watch a lot of Miami in the Conf finals and finals? I don't know whether Bosh was hurt or not, but he was missing his mid range jumpers plus shooting ridiculous 3 pters as well.

In the Indiana Series when it was 2-2 he put up 7,7,5,9 and 3,5,4,8 rebounds. I do realize he was undersized to play against Hibbert, but even when they threw out another big Bosh lost his jump shot and was useless.

He had a couple okay games in the Finals but overall he wasn't that effective. We all expected Lebron/Wade to lead, but Bosh is supposed to be their 3rd man spacing the floor with mid range shots and he was non-existent at times. Between him and their 3 pt shooters going cold they almost lost the finals.
    I agree that Hibbert punished him in the ECF but I never said that he showed up for that series.

I think he was pretty good in the finals while being a bit banged up and considering the opponent. Spacing the floor is essential with a team like Miami and he put up big numbers for 2-3 games.

I admit he wasn't great but just grow weary of all the shitting on Bosh when it really is unwarranted. He's a great player.

Thread Information