Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So does anyone care that Chris Davis might hit 62 HR this year?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

So does anyone care that Chris Davis might hit 62 HR this year?

He has 36 through 95 games. He's on the pace for 61 right now.

62 from him would be significant because the other players with 62 or more are confirmed roidheads -- Sosa, McGwire, and Bonds.

While Davis could be on roids, as well, there are a lot fewer players juicing nowadays. It's very possible he's clean.

If he does hit 62, should he be considered the new home run king?

Load Metric
    brady anderson 2.0

nothing to see here

edit:
    wow

just googled brady anderson and he's 49???

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Chris Davis is having a great year but lets just say for a minute Miguel Cabrera was playing in the easiest park to hit a home run in like Davis is right now. How many homers does Miggy hit? He crushes the ball deep in Comerica Park several times a year that it would go out of many other parks and definitely out of Camden Yards.

Davis has been solid but will he still continue to deliver or will he be the Josh Hamilton of 2013?

Comments

gut: Davis has 19 hr's at home, 17 on the road.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  juice.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  40.9 KB

so were gonna need u to simmer it down druff

Load Metric
    I don't care either way, in my eyes Bonds is the home run king. Dude was a beast before he got jacked up.

I'd like to hear the argument for, let's say, if Davis hits 60 this year, let's put an asterisk there as well, because he might be the "true" home run king because he's not allowed to take the uppers that Maris was taking in his day.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    gut - Davis might have 19 at home and 17 on the road but what I'm trying to say is Miggy would be hitting way more at home if he wasn't playing in Comerica Park for half his games every year.

Davis did crush a few out of Comerica himself but just saying you play in that park everyday vs. Camden Yards and you can shave a few homers off his totals I guarantee it while reversing the situation if Miggy hit in Camden Yards he hits more.

Comments

gut: just to even out the neg rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    gut - Davis might have 19 at home and 17 on the road but what I'm trying to say is Miggy would be hitting way more at home if he wasn't playing in Comerica Park for half his games every year.

Davis did crush a few out of Comerica himself but just saying you play in that park everyday vs. Camden Yards and you can shave a few homers off his totals I guarantee it while reversing the situation if Miggy hit in Camden Yards he hits more.
    i'm pissed myself because I had Davis on my keeper league team his first few years with the Rangers, when he was basically Mark Reynolds Jr....hitting .210 with 30 hr's and 220 strikeouts. I let him go and then a couple years later he's one of the top 5 hitters in the league.

I will say Miggy has the track record, his numbers this year shouldn't dip much if he stays healthy. It would not surprise me to see Davis hit .220 in the second half, but he'll still hit hr's.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Luis Gonzalez year in 2001 is so strange to me still. He went from 23, 26 31,and then to 57 homers only to never hit more then 30 again his last 7 years of playing. He was never a big guy either as he was listed as 6'2, 180lbs. It was just a bizarre year for me to see him hit that many homers in a season.

I won't comment on the known juicers like Sosa, McGwire, and Bonds.

gut - you couldn't of known Davis was going to break out this much though his stats from last year to the year before showed he was definitely moving up. I hope Davis continues to be strong I kind of like that Baltimore team but he still has to prove himself.
    Last edited by BeerAndPoker; 07-14-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    He has 36 through 95 games. He's on the pace for 61 right now.

62 from him would be significant because the other players with 62 or more are confirmed roidheads -- Sosa, McGwire, and Bonds.

While Davis could be on roids, as well, there are a lot fewer players juicing nowadays. It's very possible he's clean.

If he does hit 62, should he be considered the new home run king?
    Not IMO

Barry Bonds will always be the HR king in my eyes for both season and career

Comments

nunbeater: *

Load Metric
    Surely MLB is thoroughly vetting the guy at this point. It could be a function of more opportunity, but he defiantly is performing way above past seasons averages by a good amount, mid season.

Season HR totals

2013- 36 - 94 games played (mid season)
    2012- 33 - 139 games played
    2011- 5 - 59 games played
    2010- 1 - 45 games played
    2009- 21 - 113 games played
    2008- 17 - 80 games played

Last year and in previous seasons he went through some bad hitting slumps and was actually benched by Showalter. I personally think he defiantly hit the HGH clinic and is only a matter of time until his name surfaces.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Chris Davis is having a great year but lets just say for a minute Miguel Cabrera was playing in the easiest park to hit a home run in like Davis is right now. How many homers does Miggy hit? He crushes the ball deep in Comerica Park several times a year that it would go out of many other parks and definitely out of Camden Yards.

Davis has been solid but will he still continue to deliver or will he be the Josh Hamilton of 2013?
    Oriole Park is not the home run launching bandbox everyone thinks. Look it up.

Davis has always had power, it is just all coming together this year. He is a Jesus freak as well and he isn't juicing, has always been huge since the minors.

He will fade in 2nd half and all of this will be a mute point, end up with 50 or so. Great year but nothing historic.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I don't care either way, in my eyes Bonds is the home run king. Dude was a beast before he got jacked up.
    Wrong, I'm a giant fan til I die, but Bonds was not in any discussion w/Hank Aaron or Babe Ruth, or any HR hitter, until he started doping, period.

He was a 5 tool guy until McGuire and Sosa took all his attention away.
    Maybe w/Mays and Mantle, but only for the all around game they all had, not the HR's.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Wrong, I'm a giant fan til I die, but Bonds was not in any discussion w/Hank Aaron or Babe Ruth, or any HR hitter, until he started doping, period.

Maybe w/Mays and Mantle, but only for the all around game they all had, not the HR's.
    I meant that Bonds owns the single-season record for hr's, with no asterisk.

Load Metric
    Don't worry. He's in the homerun derby. That should fuck him up for the second half. He'll be lucky to reach 50.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Who?

Load Metric

Imagine how many Home Run's Bonds would of had that year if he didn't break the record for most walks in a season also?? Bond's is the best Baseball player that anyone under 40 has ever seen and remember's. I seen Bond's up close when he was young and to say he wasn't a home run hitter back then is also laughable. Let's not forget to add in he played in Candle Stick and At&T Park two of the worst parks to hit Home Run's in!! Anyone that think's Hank Aaron is the real Home Run Champ should get beat with an Aluminum Easton Bat upside of there thick fucking head!!! I wont even acknowledge this fraud we are talking about in this thread. Also think about the pitchers Bonds hit his Homer's off of!! They were all Juiced up and those mother fuckers were Bad to the fcking Bone b4 the juice!!

BOW U BITCHES!!!

How Pretty are those swings?

Comments

Fergie72: Bonds was GOD even before the juice
    Last edited by badguy23; 07-14-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    They are all guilty unless proven innocent. It sucks but when you realize that MLB does not really care if they are clean you come to the conclusion that when it comes to money, everyone will turn a blind eye.

Load Metric
    Are these the stats of the all time best HR hitter?????
    HOF for sure, all time best HR hitter???????
    Name:  bonds 1.JPG
Views: 429
Size:  100.1 KB
    He started between 98 and 99.
    1999 he was hurt for a lot of the season, his body couldn't handle the extra weight from the juice.

So pre roids, 32 HR's per yr avg (13 years through 98).
    The next 5 year after he was hurt, he averaged 52 a year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Are these the stats of the all time best HR hitter?????
    HOF for sure, all time best HR hitter???????
    Name:  bonds 1.JPG
Views: 429
Size:  100.1 KB
    He started between 98 and 99.
    1999 he was hurt for a lot of the season, his body couldn't handle the extra weight from the juice.

So pre roids, 32 HR's per yr avg (13 years through 98).
    The next 5 year after he was hurt, he averaged 52 a year.
    Ya those are some stats of the most prolific home run hitter in MLB history

Load Metric
    Best Baseball Player Ever

Name:  GRIFFEY-JR.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  53.7 KB

Thread Information