Thread: Bovada

Load Metric

Bovada

Forgive me if this has been posted already but I made my first deposit online in 6 months or so when I saw someone here said bovada took visa and thought it was odd that there are no player names or note taking - you are recognized only by your seat number. Is this standard for a lot of online sites now? I have mixed feelings about it but whatever, this site seems super soft.

Load Metric
    It's unique to Bovada, I believe. They keep their tables anonymous. I think it's fine
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    I started playing there a week or so ago. I think the anonymous thing is pretty awesome. I was never one for taking notes at lower limits because people are changing and fine tuning their games down there, if they aren't just spewing because they're horrible. There are so many players at those levels too that it may be months before you run into the same player again and I don't want information from 3 months ago influencing decisions.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Many complain because they either can't use a hud or take player notes but the thing is players also use that stuff to their advantage against you.

Even if your a great player they might make a note saying this guy is good and to stay out of their way since they made a dumb play on you in the past. On your standard site with player names and notes that stay there a player might feel embarrassed to try something on you again that you can but on Bovada that element is taken away when one of you leave the table not knowing when your up against that same person again.

The games that anon tables are the biggest disadvantage imo is any HU cash limit/nl/plo ,etc.. as the more information you can get and history with opponents is key. You love to know how you played against a certain person and if they are a mega fish one advantage is now they might sit you again that they wouldn't in the past so arguments can be made either way but I'd rather have player names in HU cash for sure.

I do play a lot of HU sngs but I can adjust on the fly as people are not that sophisticated and many are just bad fish that do the same stupid shit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Many complain because they either can't use a hud or take player notes but the thing is players also use that stuff to their advantage against you.

Even if your a great player they might make a note saying this guy is good and to stay out of their way since they made a dumb play on you in the past. On your standard site with player names and notes that stay there a player might feel embarrassed to try something on you again that you can but on Bovada that element is taken away when one of you leave the table not knowing when your up against that same person again.

The games that anon tables are the biggest disadvantage imo is any HU cash limit/nl/plo ,etc.. as the more information you can get and history with opponents is key. You love to know how you played against a certain person and if they are a mega fish one advantage is now they might sit you again that they wouldn't in the past so arguments can be made either way but I'd rather have player names in HU cash for sure.

I do play a lot of HU sngs but I can adjust on the fly as people are not that sophisticated and many are just bad fish that do the same stupid shit.

Spot on. I was playing 2/4 and 3/6 Limit HU before Black Friday happened and I took huge amounts of notes in those games. But at lower limit ring games I felt like notes hurt more than they helped.

Load Metric
    because of this thread i tried depositing on bovada with my visa and it worked

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    This will be used under a good and that can be mentioned on a regular path that are allowed in it.

Comments

WillieMcFML: nailed it

Load Metric
    brag: I suck at poker but just raped bovada for over 12k in a couple days

Thank you for your payout request dated Sat, Jul 13, 2013 for the amount of
    US$ 3000.00. Your Payout Reference Number is xxxxxxx.

Load Metric
    Has anyone else playing Bovada had a problem with the tournament lobby not updating correctly? I just played a tournament and at the start it was set to pay the top 18 and my lobby never updated. When we got down to 37 it started going hand for hand as if we were on the bubble and, when we lost a player a short stack acted excited that he had made the money, but my lobby still showed that it only paid 18.

The players left and chips stacks and rank were all correct, but the pay schedule never seemed to update. I busted out in 10th for $71.01, which according to the structure I was seeing, was not right. But I closed and reloaded the software and it was updated and I got paid out the right amount. A bit of a pain in the ass that it didn't update as the tournament went along.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post
    Has anyone else playing Bovada had a problem with the tournament lobby not updating correctly? I just played a tournament and at the start it was set to pay the top 18 and my lobby never updated. When we got down to 37 it started going hand for hand as if we were on the bubble and, when we lost a player a short stack acted excited that he had made the money, but my lobby still showed that it only paid 18.

The players left and chips stacks and rank were all correct, but the pay schedule never seemed to update. I busted out in 10th for $71.01, which according to the structure I was seeing, was not right. But I closed and reloaded the software and it was updated and I got paid out the right amount. A bit of a pain in the ass that it didn't update as the tournament went along.

Known bug, close the lobby and re-open it.

It should eventually update in a minute or two.

Thread Information