Thread: Help me collect a small claims judgement....proceeds will fund a community free roll

Silver
    Load Metric

Help me collect a small claims judgement....proceeds will fund a community free roll

Background.....

A girl my wife once worked with wanted to move back to the area from Washington with her husband and 3 kids. They didn't have money to get their own place. Against my better judgement I agreed to let them rent 2 bedrooms from us dirt cheap and with understanding it would be for only 2-3 months. Long story short was they couldn't even make the $500/month rent on time. Finally I had enough and they were evicted. I took them to small claims court and won a $750 judgement. The husband is a complete piece of shit. I don't care about the money, I just want the satisfaction of knowing this fucker has to pay it. They moved back to Washington...the only info I have on them is city they live in and name of his employer. I probably have their socials on legal paperwork but I'll have to check. If anyone here can help me collect the judgement I will put all of it towards a freeroll. Thanks in advance.

Comments

danzo: oops!

Load Metric
    https://www.instantcheckmate.com/

This is pretty close to the skip trace program that we used when I used to do collections. It's something like $25 for a one month membership but I think you get unlimited searches. That comes in handy once you get the names of relatives and you want to get their contact info also.

It will give you a full list of known current and former addresses as well as 1st and 2nd degree relatives I think. Relatives are usually the best place to look and/or apply pressure when you're looking to collect money. If you find him you can also go to the county courthouse for the jurisdiction for where he lives and present the court document showing a ruling in your favor and proceed with wage garnishments.

Edit: I just looked at the site and if you go through the steps and then opt not to get the 1 month member ship it will offer you 5 days for $1.

Load Metric
    pm badguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    pm abrown for info, cmoney to repo their domains, druff to send flyers, 4dragons to photoshop them, jasep to scam them
    fyp

Load Metric
    LMAO helping a poor family out in need and then not only evicting them, but then taking them to court when they can't even afford $500 for rent

you're all class hut
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    LMAO helping a poor family out in need and then not only evicting them, but then taking them to court when they can't even afford $500 for rent

you're all class hut
    Well when you put it that way....actually I left a lot of the story out..things like wife buying a plane ticket to go visit family instead of paying rent, he didn't work was trying to get social security for being disabled yet he did the P90x workout daily,etc.... they had the money to pay $500/month but chose to spend on other things....she was making about $1200/month plus they got WICK and Foodstamps and welfare, free medical, etc... He also used to buy his mom food with their foodstamps in exchange for cash.

Load Metric
    I mean a lot of this is on you, though.

You tried to help out, got burned. Just evict them and be done with it. I don't see any good coming from this
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post

you're all class hut
    Well when you put it that way....actually I left a lot of the story out..things like wife buying a plane ticket to go visit family instead of paying rent, he didn't work was trying to get social security for being disabled yet he did the P90x workout daily,etc.... they had the money to pay $500/month but chose to spend on other things....she was making about $1200/month plus they got WICK and Foodstamps and welfare, free medical, etc... He also used to buy his mom food with their foodstamps in exchange for cash.
    Even without this, I support hutmaster's decision here.

He wrote that the family rented from him at far below market value, with the understanding that it would be 2-3 months.

It sounds like they not only failed to pay the rent on time, but also didn't GTFO after the 2-3 months as planned (correct me if I'm wrong here).

No matter what your financial situation, if someone agrees to help you, but says they can only do it for 3 months, you need to respect that. The fact that this became a legal eviction (rather than the family just leaving when pressured by hutmaster) showed that they were biting the hand that was feeding them at their time of need.

It should also be noted that Hutmaster was losing real money out of his pocket every month by renting to these people at $500. I'm not sure how much this place was worth, but I'm sure it was worth FAR more than that -- maybe double or triple. If you price your rental property at even a little below market value, it will get snapped up. For example, if you have an average house that rents for $1200 in the area, and you list it at $1000, your phone will ring off the hook with interested parties. Therefore, you will NEVER sit empty if you keep the price on the low side. This means that Hutmaster was losing a good deal of money each month by allowing this family to rent for $500, which shows that he really was doing this out of the goodness of his heart.

I think it's great to help friends in need, but when those friends take advantage of you and violate the terms everyone agreed to, it's time to end both the friendship and the favor you were doing for them.

The fact that they were wasting much of the money on bullshit is even more offensive.

Albuquerque's #1 Attorney Alvin Finklestein's Avatar
    Load Metric
    You are pretty much in bad shape as far as collecting.

You will need to "domesticate" the judgment in the Washington court in their jurisdiction. This will cost both money and time. You can't just have his Washington employer garnish the guy's wages for your California judgment.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    Background.....

A girl my wife once worked with wanted to move back to the area from Washington with her husband and 3 kids. They didn't have money to get their own place. Against my better judgement I agreed to let them rent 2 bedrooms from us dirt cheap and with understanding it would be for only 2-3 months. Long story short was they couldn't even make the $500/month rent on time. Finally I had enough and they were evicted. I took them to small claims court and won a $750 judgement. The husband is a complete piece of shit. I don't care about the money, I just want the satisfaction of knowing this fucker has to pay it. They moved back to Washington...the only info I have on them is city they live in and name of his employer. I probably have their socials on legal paperwork but I'll have to check. If anyone here can help me collect the judgement I will put all of it towards a freeroll. Thanks in advance.
    You are coming across very small. The correct thing to do is walk away. You are not taking the POS husband to court. You are taking the three kids to court.

I really have no idea why people go out of their way just to prove a point. I remember one post from you back in NWP. It was about Druff getting a bad pizza or something and the manager basically telling him to fuck off or something like that. You were horrified that a manager would stoop so low to prove a point.

You don't practice what you preach. You are a pretty miserable person, but then again you basically said your life skills are in online poker and pizza making so what could anyone expect. Personally I would have left a steaming turd on your couch you miserable fuck.

Comments

Rollo Tomasi: obv you are not a businessman bottomfeeder most likely you are a plumbers helper making $10 per hour

Corrigan: yup.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Do whatever your wife thinks you should do.
    She's the one who created this problem in the first place.
    Also, your marriage is 100x more important than getting a little bit burned by deadbeat renters with 3 kids to feed.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by neveragain39 View Post
    Do whatever your wife thinks you should do.
    She's the one who created this problem in the first place.
    Also, your marriage is 100x more important than getting a little bit burned by deadbeat renters with 3 kids to feed.
    This is 100% right, but I would do the exact opposite. Fuck the guy and his family, get your money/ payback. Probably a big reason why I'm single at 31.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    "No good deed goes unpunished"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Silver
    Load Metric
    every good deed is punishment

jew 101

Thread Information