Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 777 Crashes in San Fran

Load Metric
    Also, you do realize that a Boeing 777 in one airline is the same as a Boeing 777 in another airline in every aspect other than seats and the coat of paint.

Right?

So if you're afraid of the "cinder box" of a Boeing 777 this flight was then surely you would never step foot on a Boeing 777 of any other airline.

Right?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    Also, you do realize that a Boeing 777 in one airline is the same as a Boeing 777 in another airline in every aspect other than seats and the coat of paint.

Right?

So if you're afraid of the "cinder box" of a Boeing 777 this flight was then surely you would never step foot on a Boeing 777 of any other airline.

Right?
    You are missing the point. The US has hundreds of thousands of flights and we might have like 1 commercial crash every 5 years or so. Some third world piece of shit airliner crashes all the time. Look at the Russian jet last year that killed those hockey players.

The reason there are not more crashes is because Boeing makes the planes. If these third world POS countries made the planes you'd see crashes all the time.

Boeing tries to make it simple as possible, but every now and then some cocksucker third world pilot not paying attention fucks things up and siphons off a couple teenagers.

Comments

Hockey Guy: What a fucking moron

DJ_Chaps: please find a rail line and take a nap.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The airline rankings you posted don't really have to do with safety -- or at least not primarily. They have to do with a variety of factors, including customer service, comfort, amenities, etc.

I admit that US-based airlines suck as far as comfort/amenities/service goes. They've gone pretty much bare-bones in that regard, in order to survive post-9/11.

However, they have done a great job with safety over the past several years, so I'll give them that.

I actually felt bad for US pilots, with how the big US airline companies were jerking them around, until last year's labor issues on American Airlines. I was caught up in that mess flying back from Boston last October. The pilots were reporting fake/exaggerated maintenance problems, and had a "perfect" routine down in order to cost the traveler the maximum amount of time and inconvenience (we're talking several hours). Really pissed me off. If you hate your employer, take action against them. Do not intentionally waste hours of commuters just so they can get pissed at the company you work for. You have no right to do that. That's extremely arrogant and selfish -- essentially saying that your labor issues are of the utmost importance and everyone else's time/schedule is meaningless.

It does look like this was pilot error, as the pilot inexplicably approached way too slowly.

However, I would still trust Asiana Airlines, and I think this was a fluke.

I will say that I would not trust third-world airlines, as third world countries are notorious for cutting corners when it comes to safety.

I don't consider Asiana Airlines to be a third-world airline, though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I believe this is the first major US air disaster in quite awhile, but it's not getting as much attention as it appears to deserve because:

1) Only 2 people died.

2) It was a foreign flight. If this happened to American Airlines, this would get a lot more coverage and attention.
    We don't know the exact details yet, but the two dead were chinese teenagers. My experience with the chinese and that they were flung from the plane would leave me to believe they didn't have their seat belts on, but who knows.

It was very common while in china that the people right before landing would be standing up walking around getting their stuff out of the over head.
    Interesting, there has been lots of talk and speculation about passengers being slow to get off the plane due to grabbing carry ons. If your theory is correct many of the passengers would have already have had them which would explain the unusual number of fleeing passengers with baggage.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

We don't know the exact details yet, but the two dead were chinese teenagers. My experience with the chinese and that they were flung from the plane would leave me to believe they didn't have their seat belts on, but who knows.

It was very common while in china that the people right before landing would be standing up walking around getting their stuff out of the over head.
    Interesting, there has been lots of talk and speculation about passengers being slow to get off the plane due to grabbing carry ons. If your theory is correct many of the passengers would have already have had them which would explain the unusual number of fleeing passengers with baggage.
    On flights originating from like Korea, they probably would have gotten yelled at if they attempted to, just as in any other country but China, but that wouldn't have stopped them from at least unbuckling their seat belt.

Usually flying home Beijing to Toronto the moment they'd announce we'd be landing soon you'd look up and pretty much everyone asian would be up and standing trying to get shit out while flight attendants would be running around yelling to sit down.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The airline rankings you posted don't really have to do with safety -- or at least not primarily. They have to do with a variety of factors, including customer service, comfort, amenities, etc.

I admit that US-based airlines suck as far as comfort/amenities/service goes. They've gone pretty much bare-bones in that regard, in order to survive post-9/11.

However, they have done a great job with safety over the past several years, so I'll give them that.

I actually felt bad for US pilots, with how the big US airline companies were jerking them around, until last year's labor issues on American Airlines. I was caught up in that mess flying back from Boston last October. The pilots were reporting fake/exaggerated maintenance problems, and had a "perfect" routine down in order to cost the traveler the maximum amount of time and inconvenience (we're talking several hours). Really pissed me off. If you hate your employer, take action against them. Do not intentionally waste hours of commuters just so they can get pissed at the company you work for. You have no right to do that. That's extremely arrogant and selfish -- essentially saying that your labor issues are of the utmost importance and everyone else's time/schedule is meaningless.

It does look like this was pilot error, as the pilot inexplicably approached way too slowly.

However, I would still trust Asiana Airlines, and I think this was a fluke.

I will say that I would not trust third-world airlines, as third world countries are notorious for cutting corners when it comes to safety.

I don't consider Asiana Airlines to be a third-world airline, though.
    All flights that fly internationally to the US are under the same exact restrictions and regulations that pilots of US airlines face in the same position. It may have been pilot error, but I guess my point is here is that if that pilot was allowed to fly the Boeing 777 with 43 hours of flight time on a 777 than it's just as likely there are US pilots flying under the same circumstances.

Mostly this will come down on the Senior pilot that was overseeing the Junior because he should have caught this before anything happened, unless it is determined that the Junior pilot was attempting to crash purposefully.
    Last edited by anonamoose; 07-08-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Load Metric
    http://gma.yahoo.com/asiana-airlines...opstories.html

Authorities investigating the Asiana Airlines jet crash at San Francisco International Airport are looking into the possibility that one of the two victims who died may have been hit by a rescue vehicle at the airport, an official told ABC News.

"Late in the incident as we had completed most of the fire attack and rescue of initial victims, it did become obvious to us that one of the victims may have been hit by one of the apparatus on scene," San Francisco Assistant Deputy Fire Chief Dale Carnes told ABC News.
    This will end up being a bigger story than the actual crash if true.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    could be dyslexia and they meant Lee Ho Fuk, the restaurateur from Werewolves Of London

Thread Information