Thread: First Non City Bus Ride

Load Metric

First Non City Bus Ride

Some weird circumstances came up where I am having to ride a MegaBus tomorrow morning for about 6.5 hours.

This is my first time ever on a non city bus.

Obviously I am looking not to end up next to a hippie, vagrant, drug addict, or gang member.

What's my target audience to sit next to? I thought first to look for an older couple, but then I realized they may strike up a conversation which cheap, old people aren't really my key demographic to talk to. Maybe if there are some Asians?

I am so spending my 1x on the internet working on the bus tomorrow.

Any general advice to avoid getting stabbed, shot, or used to run coke lines off of would be appreciated.

My inner Jew took over and $300 for a flight lost to $11 for the bus ride. Now that I am getting closer to actually leaving, my inner Jew is fading fast and I wish I would have just flown.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Some weird circumstances came up where I am having to ride a MegaBus tomorrow morning for about 6.5 hours.

Obviously I am looking not to end up next to a hippie, vagrant, drug addict, or gang member.

What's my target audience to sit next to? I thought first to look for an older couple, but then I realized they may strike up a conversation which cheap, old people aren't really my key demographic to talk to. Maybe if there are some Asians?

Any general advice to avoid getting stabbed, shot, or used to run coke lines off of would be appreciated.

My inner Jew took over and $300 for a flight lost to $11 for the bus ride. Now that I am getting closer to actually leaving, my inner Jew is fading fast and I wish I would have just flown.
    You're being way too paranoid.

You're going to see college kids and hipsters. That's about it. Depending on where you're going you'll probably have your own seat with no one near you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

You're going to see college kids and hipsters. That's about it. Depending on where you're going you'll probably have your own seat with no one near you.
    Shhhh you are ruining all my fun.

Also, bus will be 75% black, going into Chicago.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

Shhhh you are ruining all my fun.

Also, bus will be 75% black, going into Chicago.
    Most black people still take amtrak. Every time I've rode greyhound or megabus it's mostly college kids going home or heading to nyc for the weekend.

Load Metric
    I took a Greyhound from Chicago to Nashville last second to see a concert. Sucked ass. They make you get out at every station, and sit for an hour, so you cant even take a solid nap.

Bring a sleep mask, a fully charged music player/phone and some light snacks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    I took a Greyhound from Chicago to Nashville last second to see a concert. Sucked ass. They make you get out at every station, and sit for an hour, so you cant even take a solid nap.

Bring a sleep mask, a fully charged music player/phone and some light snacks.
    Megabus > Greyhound

Greyhound blows because they stop everywhere. Megabus has significantly less stops.

Load Metric
    Never been on Megabus but friends have and they had no complaints.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    abrown, I can't believe you of all people is asking this, and not thinking of the King of the Bus:

h

Load Metric
    Whatever you do, don't sit next to this guy.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...-manitoba.html

If we don't hear from you within the next few days we'll just assume you've met the same fate.

& for those who don't believe it, this actually happened.

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/ne...a-53801510af24

Comments

bukowski72: Paging Chappy to say how great this guys is because he is from canada
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Whatever you do, don't sit next to this guy.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...-manitoba.html

If we don't hear from you within the next few days we'll just assume you've met the same fate.

& for those who don't believe it, this actually happened.

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/ne...a-53801510af24
    ABrown's anxiety level just went from slightly paranoid to full-blown panic with this single post
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    95% of the people riding the bus alone are trying to score a full seat to themselves. The other 5% are sexual deviants. What you do get on early and sit near the front about 5 rows back. This so people that see the open seat still believe they have good odds of finding a better one. Dress terribly, don't shave, look like you probably smell terrible. Put an old dirty gym bag in the window seat and sit on the isle. Plug your headphones in playing loud shitty music and pretend to be sleeping. This will work so long as the bus doesn't fill. The seat beside you will be one of the last to go.

Beware of the backfire, where a legitimate smelly old man see's the open window seat and climbs over you to take it and then proceeds to take his shoes off and revel in last nights chilli feast he had at the local soup kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    I run so bad in transportation.

Day started with old Asian dude calling a black guy a n-word, black guy handled it extremely well.

Then the old Asian people wouldn't shut up.

So to drown out the Asian people (that or he is just a huge cock bag)this other black started blaring the new Jay-Z album.

Then the bus got totally filled up so I am sharing a row with another person.

Only saving grace is the internet is working.

This is still better than getting held at gun point on the red line and watching a guy free base crack on the blue line. Also better than the six hours I spent on the runway one time in Boston.

.....FML

Load Metric
    One more funny little antidote.

Stopped at a truck stop, there was a McDonalds's and a Subway.

All the white people went to Subway and all the black people went to McDonalds.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I run so bad in transportation.

Day started with old Asian dude calling a black guy a n-word, black guy handled it extremely well.

Then the old Asian people wouldn't shut up.

So to drown out the Asian people (that or he is just a huge cock bag)this other black started blaring the new Jay-Z album.

Then the bus got totally filled up so I am sharing a row with another person.

Only saving grace is the internet is working.

This is still better than getting held at gun point on the red line and watching a guy free base crack on the blue line. Also better than the six hours I spent on the runway one time in Boston.

.....FML
    LOL your "old Asian people wouldn't shut up" reminds me of a story I had on a boat from Catalina Island in 1996.

Took my then-girlfriend there. It's an island in the ocean, 26 miles west of LA. There are large boats that bring people back and forth -- takes about 90 minutes or so.

Anyway, on the way back, we got in line early so we could get a seat. We got our own table, though it was a too large for 2 people. My plan was to let others sit there if they looked quiet, and claim it was "taken" if a loud group of people showed up.

So this big group of Asians showed up. They asked, "Is there room at this table?", and before I could say anything, my girlfirend piped up, "Yeah, it's just the two of us here! Have a seat!"

They sat down and started jabbering NONSTOP in Chinese, and all of them were speaking very loudly.

After about 15-20 minutes of this, we both couldn't stand it, and got up, and the only place left to sit was the cold top deck.

I was pissed, because she knew our plan from the start.

Later she wrote me a note saying, "Sorry I gave away our seats to China."

Thread Information