Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOL @ OREGON GUN LAWS

Load Metric

LOL @ OREGON GUN LAWS

Found this amusing.

Just doing some banking today and the guy in front of me with an eyeball tattoo on his head cashing his weekly pay check at Wells Fargo strapped. Pretty sure you are going to prison for awhile if you pulled this in down Cali. I am surprised Wells Fargo allows it even in a state with as loose gun laws as we have. Does Oregon just have ridiculously lax gun laws or are there a lot of states like this? I have only lived in Cali and Oregon.

Name:  IMG_1263.JPG
Views: 1356
Size:  261.6 KB

Silver
    Load Metric
    Very surprising.

In AZ, it's like the wild west in regards to guns. Easy to obtain, and you don't need a concealed weapons permit, you can just close carry.

But a lot of establishments (bars, restaurants, nightclubs) all can individually restrict firearms by posting a sign out front.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    believe it or not, most states actually permit open carry one way or another. Some require a permit to open carry while others dont.

There are actually only a handful of states (6 or 7 i think) who completely prohibit open carry; California only recently passed a law prohibiting it.

You are probably going to see alot more of what you see in the picture in the future especially since heavy pro-2nd amendment people have their feathers all ruffled from the events in the past months.

Im not sure how other states set up their own rules, but in WI you pretty much can't carry in govt buildings or if you are in a bar consuming alcohol. Other than that, for the most part it is up to a particular business whether or not they want to post that you can't carry.

Load Metric
    Is that El Banqo Taco Bell?

Or has the US fully adopted Spanish now as their primary language?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    believe it or not, most states actually permit open carry one way or another. Some require a permit to open carry while others dont.

There are actually only a handful of states (6 or 7 i think) who completely prohibit open carry; California only recently passed a law prohibiting it.

You are probably going to see alot more of what you see in the picture in the future especially since heavy pro-2nd amendment people have their feathers all ruffled from the events in the past months.

Im not sure how other states set up their own rules, but in WI you pretty much can't carry in govt buildings or if you are in a bar consuming alcohol. Other than that, for the most part it is up to a particular business whether or not they want to post that you can't carry.

You are right. After seeing the guy , I did some searches and there are a load of states that permit open carry. It just seems like an unnecessary risk for a bank to take. I am all for gun ownership rights but imo you are just being a douche bag to bring your gun into a bank.

Comments

Rollo Tomasi: a skinhead with a gun is even more scary

tony bagadonuts: db without a doubt, just look at those shorts

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Is that El Banqo Taco Bell?

Or has the US fully adopted Spanish now as their primary language?
    Funny. I didnt notice that. We actually dont have many Mexicans on the Northwest part of Portland. They are all on the other side of the bridge

Comments

gut: they're all cooking in the kitchens in the pearl.
    Last edited by cmoney; 07-01-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

You are right. After seeing the guy , I did some searches and there are a load of states that permit open carry. It just seems like an unnecessary risk for a bank to take. I am all for gun ownership rights but imo you are just being a douche bag to bring your gun into a bank.
    Agree 100%. People like that have douchebag written all over them. I am pretty pro gun rights myself, but some of these open carry idiots have to exercise some common sense and ask themselves if what they are doing is really necessary and conducive for their cause. I can wager that a good portion of people who open carry these days are primarily doing it to piss people off and try and make their misguided point about gun rights - not necessarily to actually protect themselves. IMO concealed carry is a little different story in this respect; at least you aren't unnecessarily scaring the public and making a scene.

BTW, jeez...is the dude in that picture carrying a gun on his right side too? I cant tell for sure if he is or not.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: you summed it up perfectly

Load Metric
    "Comment

gut: they're all cooking in the kitchens in the pearl."

hof

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

Agree 100%. People like that have douchebag written all over them. I am pretty pro gun rights myself, but some of these open carry idiots have to exercise some common sense and ask themselves if what they are doing is really necessary and conducive for their cause. I can wager that a good portion of people who open carry these days are primarily doing it to piss people off and try and make their misguided point about gun rights - not necessarily to actually protect themselves. IMO concealed carry is a little different story in this respect; at least you aren't unnecessarily scaring the public and making a scene.

BTW, jeez...is the dude in that picture carrying a gun on his right side too? I cant tell for sure if he is or not.

I didnt see if he had one on the right as I couldnt really see from my angle . But looks like it from the photo.

The bank manager even asked him about what kind of gun he was carrying as he was a fan. I felt like I was in the twilight zone. This isnt in some remote city in Alaska. This is Wells Fargo in the heart of Portland Oregon which is a pretty big city. I personally dont give a shit as I have my own personal mini arsenal at home. But you dont bring guns in banks that are frequented by soccer moms and their kids. Plus, anyone that has a an eye tat on the back of their head obv has poor judgement.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I might as well put this here.

Reason #19268 why some certain douchnozzle gun owners give the rest of the intelligent/common sense gun owners a horrible name...

The dumbfuck is giving his "intelligent" analysis of the features of this weapon

If you dont feel like listening to this shitstain for the whole video, fast forward and watch the video from about the 2:30 mark...

Comments

RealTalk: LOL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Edit: According to some people on Liveleak, the fuckhead in the vid I posted has evidently been making fake accidental discharge videos for a while now...there are some on youtube.

What a monumental pile of garbage this dude really is

So, not only does he make a shitty instructional videos where he doesn't explain the guns correctly, but he follows it up with a fake discharge.

:tight life douche

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't agree with conceal/carry laws. I think they're a disaster waiting to happen, and I don't want some redneck to be legally packing and ready to fire if I happen to piss him off when he's drunk.

I am actually in the middle when it comes to gun control laws.

I hate conceal/carry laws, agree with the assault rifle bans, but think that the 5-day waiting period for gun purchases is stupid (if someone's threatening you, those 5 days can be hell -- and dangerous), and I really hate lefties who want complete gun control for this country.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Lots of paranoia in that post druff, I know you wanna keeps it fair and balanced but you are on both ends of the extreme son.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't agree with conceal/carry laws. I think they're a disaster waiting to happen, and I don't want some redneck to be legally packing and ready to fire if I happen to piss him off when he's drunk.

I hate conceal/carry laws, agree with the assault rifle bans, but think that the 5-day waiting period for gun purchases is stupid (if someone's threatening you, those 5 days can be hell -- and dangerous), and I really hate lefties who want complete gun control for this country.
    I have a concealed carry permit, and im from a pretty redneck area. I can tell you I have lived here for 24 years and have never heard of a drunk redneck pulling a legally carried firearm to kill someone because they "pissed him off". Most shootings that involve a "redneck" are domestic. by the way me, my father, my brother, my mother, my uncles, and most of my family members have permits, and you don't even need them (to carry we have open carry you obv need for concealed). I really think you have a paranoid POV on the situation. I never pulled my firearm from my holster in my life for self defense nor do I ever want to, but I will. if they take away these permits the only people packing a firearm will by criminals and police. Wait, there are more police than criminals right?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I have a concealed carry permit, and im from a pretty redneck area. I can tell you I have lived here for 24 years and have never heard of a drunk redneck pulling a legally carried firearm to kill someone because they "pissed him off". Most shootings that involve a "redneck" are domestic. by the way me, my father, my brother, my mother, my uncles, and most of my family members have permits, and you don't even need them (to carry we have open carry you obv need for concealed). I really think you have a paranoid POV on the situation. I never pulled my firearm from my holster in my life for self defense nor do I ever want to, but I will. if they take away these permits the only people packing a firearm will by criminals and police. Wait, there are more police than criminals right?
    Name:  wk51218770.jpg
Views: 2382
Size:  38.3 KB

Tight life walking around with a gun on your hip. What are you so afraid of?

Comments

Corrigan: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I need to be afraid of something to carry my firearm? I think not sir.

Load Metric
    The united states of gun violence. How can you people defend gun rights when out of 1st world countries the US has by far the worst statistics??

Or is it that you have no problem that you are killing each other at such a rate?

Or is it actually that the US is not a 1st world country anymore?
    Martin Curacao 95.5 KWNR Radio Host "We see 192 000 miles for your car. How did you put on that many miles since 2005?"

2005 Chevy Impala owner "Drove it"

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by offthetop View Post
    The united states of gun violence. How can you people defend gun rights when out of 1st world countries the US has by far the worst statistics??

Or is it that you have no problem that you are killing each other at such a rate?

Or is it actually that the US is not a 1st world country anymore?
    Honestly starting to get closer to this.

Load Metric

Of course you don't. But idiot pieces of shit like you that walk around with guns strapped to their hips make our country look ignorant and out of touch to the rest of the world.

Of course, 2nd amendments lulz. Carry on douche bag.

Load Metric

Of course you don't. But idiot pieces of shit like you that walk around with guns strapped to their hips make our country look ignorant and out of touch to the rest of the world.

Of course, 2nd amendments lulz. Carry on douche bag.
    apparently no matter what anyone says to you you'll never change your POV. that is ok by me, but you need to understand that i'm able to do that and I will. lolz at calling my an idiot and making stupid/ridiculous assumptions based on 0.0 facts. carry on moron

Thread Information