Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL NBA DRAFT THREAD***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    i dont mind the blowing up and starting over, but fuck on that wallace contract...tough to blow stuff up when you have that sorta committed money over the next 3 years...

i hope danny has some master plan to get out of under that one because i dont see much changing if they are saddled paying that contract out...
    Not a huge deal with his contract. Had they kept Pierce and KG they would have had to pay pierce a shitload this year and KG a shitload over the next 2. At least they get some picks in return for those 2.

Now instead of having PP and KG and finishing with 45 wins or whatever and getting bounced in the playoffs they more than likely finish close to the lottery.

All In all they have stockpiled 4 picks they didn't have by unloading Rivers, KG and Pierce. I know picks aint worth as much if they are out of lottery and more than likely all 4 of these picks will be in the 20s but still gives them a shot to package them or strike gold with one of them.

At the same time if they suck or rondo is out longer they will be in the lottery this year which gives them a higher pick.

They still can also move rondo or green if they find the right deals. Green will have max floor time this year for the first time in his career and he has the potential to be VERY good.

One thing I always liked about Ainge is he is NEVER afraid to pull the trigger on a deal

Load Metric
    getting harder and harder to love MJ when he keeps drafting like fucking shit...

stiff white guy in the top 5...good luck with that one...
    Jordan is an incompetent executive and a douchebag to boot.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    big jeff green fan...love those BE guys who star on their teams (thats why porter was one of the guys i was high on this year)...

thought KG was up this year like paulie...guess i was mistaken on that...

i think theyre gonna be pretty bad next year and it wouldnt actually surprise me if ainge moves rondo, keeps green and prays to hit gold in the wiggins lotto next may...everything people are saying about him is that he's a lebron/durant type talent...

my wet dream would be to have wiggins/green, package wallace with one of those picks and get him the fuck outta boston and then you can start to reconstruct from there...obviously lots of shit to fall into place there...

gonna be fucking strange as shit to see paulie in a nets uniform next year...i know the rational side would say they had to do it, but man i think he's one of those guys who should be wearing green for his whole career...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    big jeff green fan...love those BE guys who star on their teams (thats why porter was one of the guys i was high on this year)...

i think theyre gonna be pretty bad next year and it wouldnt actually surprise me if ainge moves rondo, keeps green and prays to hit gold in the wiggins lotto next may...everything people are saying about him is that he's a lebron/durant type talent...

my wet dream would be to have wiggins/green, package wallace with one of those picks and get him the fuck outta boston and then you can start to reconstruct from there...obviously lots of shit to fall into place there...

gonna be fucking strange as shit to see paulie in a nets uniform next year...i know the rational side would say they had to do it, but man i think he's one of those guys who should be wearing green for his whole career...
    Right I would have loved to see him retire a celtic but truth is they held on to a lot of guys from the 80s team FAR too long and they paid for it through the 90s. I'm fine with Ainge doing whatever he thinks is best to get a young strong team

Load Metric
    Really poor planning giving KG that no-trade clause last year.

I'm fine with them blowing it up but still think the trade seems rather lopsided. Did they really have to take on Gerald Wallace's contract?

I'm not a fan of Kris Humphries at all, he's really soft. I guess three average #1's are more valuable commodities than I realized.

Are they sure that Rondo is their guy or are they looking to move him too?

Load Metric
    agreed...think he's gonna have his lunch eaten in the nba...thats not what you want to hear about a lottery pick...
    He will prolly spend 1-2 years in the d-league. He really hasn't played that much ball. He will be a solid playergiven time.
    Martin Curacao 95.5 KWNR Radio Host "We see 192 000 miles for your car. How did you put on that many miles since 2005?"

2005 Chevy Impala owner "Drove it"

Platinum
    Load Metric
    buddy of mine said the same thing...

i wasnt impressed with his athletism at pitt...thats what i think is going to hurt him...maybe im wrong on that assessment...

i like deing more than adams at this point...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I'm fine with them blowing it up but still think the trade seems rather lopsided. Did they really have to take on Gerald Wallace's contract?

I'm not a fan of Kris Humphries at all, he's really soft. I guess three average #1's are more valuable commodities than I realized.

i think they had to take on wallace either to:
    a. get the nets to take terry.
    b. to get the money to work because paulie and KG make a shitton.

with all the angst with rondo over the past 2-3 years id be willing to bet that the Cs are going to move him next year. he's got a GREAT contract, 11MM per and i think its for the next 3 years (including 13-14 season). it would also work out perfectly to ship him out then they can do the full tank to get a shot at wiggins. makes no sense for them to just half ass tank it, if theyre gonna blow it up; blow it the fuck up.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Right I would have loved to see him retire a celtic but truth is they held on to a lot of guys from the 80s team FAR too long and they paid for it through the 90s. I'm fine with Ainge doing whatever he thinks is best to get a young strong team
    rationally its the right move, just something to get used to.

Load Metric
    If Rondo stays it will be interesting to see how he fares on a team without savvy veterans to cover up his flaws.

I think Rondo can be excellent (ECF 2012) but also is a notch below the top tier of point guards in terms of athleticism and decision making. Playing on good/great Celtics teams probably has inflated his actual value a bit.

I'm happy with the trade since I don't like the Celtics and am interested to see how they rebuild. The Nets ceiling is the #3, more realistically #4.

If I'm a Nets fan I'm worried about the long-term future of my team. Going all in for the 2013-14 season with a 2008 superstar team is questionable

Platinum
    Load Metric
    sports guy likes to call that "TV rondo"...he's a triple double machine when the bright lights are shining, but when they aren't on national TV he starts to wander...

he definitely has his flaws, but still i think hes a top 5 PG...if he learns how to shoot at all he'll be deadly...

i think he's gonna struggle next year...he has one option in green to dish to so i think youre gonna see the moody rondo next year, which will actually be good for them shipping him out...i like him a lot, but as a celtics fan if youre gonna fucking tank you might the hell as well be glorious at it...

theres no prize for tanking half assed, but a 25% shot for a huge prize if you do it with your whole ass...

think the trade for the nets gets them in the top 4 discussion...without the trade they had no shot at the title, now i think they at least have a puncher's chance as long as kidd doesnt run paulie and KG into the ground in the regular season...i think the pecking order is CHI/MIA/IND/BKY...full strength with tibs, the bulls are gonna fuck up the heat...

Load Metric
    Utah Jazz won the draft.

Load Metric
    I would expect BOS to keep Rondo, at least bare minimum until the trade deadline, to see how responds to being the man now. He always had flashes of greatness, but then would disappear and not shoot at all for long stretches. You could blame the stars around him before for that, but now it will be fun to see how he plays. He's young enough also to be realistically part of a rebuild.

Also, don't forget the NBA has a pretty high "salary floor" also, which goes up to 90% of the cap (was 85% this season) for next season. You can't pull a Florida Marlins and just get rid of all your high salary players without taking something back.

The Nets and Prokhorov should've moved to LA, so he could hang out with Moreno and Magic and the Dodgers ownership group and all light their money on fire....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I would expect BOS to keep Rondo, at least bare minimum until the trade deadline, to see how responds to being the man now. He always had flashes of greatness, but then would disappear and not shoot at all for long stretches. You could blame the stars around him before for that, but now it will be fun to see how he plays.
    Let's see how Rondo responds to ACL injury. An athletic player with ACL injury is a huge gamble even these days. A General Manager is gambling his career if he misses the flop. There is NO chance anyone will trade for him right now.

Load Metric

Besides what China and I mentioned, look at it this way: a BOS lineup (lets assume they are done making moves) of Rondo/Lee/Wallace-Green/Bass/Humphries-Sullinger-Olynyk, in an eastern conference which is now arguably stronger than the west, is probably a lottery team. Assuming no major disasters, you can write in MIA, IND, NYK, BKN, CHI into the playoffs. I think CLE and WAS make it back into the playoffs again with their young cores maturing. ATL, MIL, TOR kinda toss-ups cause no one knows what their rosters will look like yet. Lets say BOS gets lucky and moves into the top 3 picks for 2014 and get one of the studs available. Maybe they come out the next season playing well, and now you have 7 1st round picks in the next 4 years to use to re-acquire veteran talent.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I would expect BOS to keep Rondo, at least bare minimum until the trade deadline, to see how responds to being the man now. He always had flashes of greatness, but then would disappear and not shoot at all for long stretches. You could blame the stars around him before for that, but now it will be fun to see how he plays.
    Let's see how Rondo responds to ACL injury. An athletic player with ACL injury is a huge gamble even these days. A General Manager is gambling his career if he misses the flop. There is NO chance anyone will trade for him right now.
    i think its a risk i take...hes young and relatively cheap...at his best i think hes a top 3 PG in the league...

if you trade for him at the trade deadline he's got 2.5 years left on his contract...if youre a contender not brainer risk to take...

Platinum
    Load Metric

Besides what China and I mentioned, look at it this way: a BOS lineup (lets assume they are done making moves) of Rondo/Lee/Wallace-Green/Bass/Humphries-Sullinger-Olynyk, in an eastern conference which is now arguably stronger than the west, is probably a lottery team. Assuming no major disasters, you can write in MIA, IND, NYK, BKN, CHI into the playoffs. I think CLE and WAS make it back into the playoffs again with their young cores maturing. ATL, MIL, TOR kinda toss-ups cause no one knows what their rosters will look like yet. Lets say BOS gets lucky and moves into the top 3 picks for 2014 and get one of the studs available. Maybe they come out the next season playing well, and now you have 7 1st round picks in the next 4 years to use to re-acquire veteran talent.
    dont know how china feels, but as a celtics fan i dont want them to play well next year...theyve blown it the fuck up...i want my shot at wiggins...

Load Metric

dont know how china feels, but as a celtics fan i dont want them to play well next year...theyve blown it the fuck up...i want my shot at wiggins...
    I kinda phrased that wrong. I meant doing bad this next season, getting lucky in lottery, getting a high pick in next years draft, then possibly being good that next season after, still with a lot of tradeable assets with the picks.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I kinda phrased that wrong. I meant doing bad this next season, getting lucky in lottery, getting a high pick in next years draft, then possibly being good that next season after, still with a lot of tradeable assets with the picks.
    definitely...thats the dream..

Banned
    Load Metric
    Dumars just getting blood bathed all day long on detroit sports talk

Thread Information