Thread: Cell I use for business not working, they say there is an "outage" in area

Platinum
    Load Metric

Cell I use for business not working, they say there is an "outage" in area

So my cell isn't working at my house(office) and these fuckers are telling me the "projected" fix date is tomorrow at 6pm. Needless to say, this completely fucks me in more ways than one because I use that number to make money, and probably take about 10 calls a day on it from advertising (that I also pay for).

Question is what recourse do I have here? They said they will "compensate" me for my down time, but if I can't make receive calls tomorrow I am going to be screwed. It could cost me a ton of money and aggravation with no communication device. Giving me a 10 fucking dollar credit for 2 days of l;ost service aint gonna cut it.

Have they violated the terms of the contract? This is bullshit, nothing like this has ever happened where I flat out didn't have service.

It is Sprint BTW.

Load Metric
    That's why you should use a number you own/control and call forward it to whatever device you choose. Other benefits include permanently call blocking any number or range of numbers, having certain numbers call forward to different devices. Ring bouncing to different devices. Most IP phone providers offer this. Buy a number and then administrate the settings over a web interface.

The only compensation they will provide is the pro-rated amount that you paid for service they didn't provide. pennies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    all of
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Work somewhere else for one day? call forward for a day?

They are assholes but seems easy to deal with.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Best you can get out of this is a $25 courtesy credit.

At least angle for that.

They are only required to give you the pro-rated service outage amount, but most companies will do a little bit more than that (like $25) if you complain and ask for it.

Load Metric
    They are probably diverting service to citizens who arent failed drug dealer ex-convicts.

Comments

Bootsy Collins: lolz
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric

At least angle for that.

They are only required to give you the pro-rated service outage amount, but most companies will do a little bit more than that (like $25) if you complain and ask for it.
    I'm gonna try to get them to take off the entire month bill for $125, depending on when my service is restored. My inconvenience and possible lost income dwarfs that tiny amount to them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

At least angle for that.

I'm gonna try to get them to take off the entire month bill for $125, depending on when my service is restored. My inconvenience and possible lost income dwarfs that tiny amount to them.
    Actually one question. Is it a business line?

If so you could be entitled to more during outages. If not they won't give a shit that you use it for business.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    They are probably diverting service to citizens who arent failed drug dealer ex-convicts.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Work somewhere else for one day? call forward for a day?

They are assholes but seems easy to deal with.
    My first thought was call forwarding, but if the network is completely down that probably won't work.

If it does, it's *72+number. *73 cancels it.

Sprint's voice and data service in Vegas has gotten worse and worse. I've been with them since 1999 and I'm seriously thinking about switching to AT&T in a few months.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I have no mobile network period, forwarding won't work.

And if you google my business name, that is the number that comes up. It is in my personal name though, so I don't know if that is considered a "business" line.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    I have no mobile network period, forwarding won't work.

And if you google my business name, that is the number that comes up. It is in my personal name though, so I don't know if that is considered a "business" line.
    no dice. You would have to have a business line + pay more per month.

Load Metric
    Sprints obv response will be...

Serious question... Do you really think they would compensate you for your potential lost "business" wages?

Load Metric
    Fuck Sprint. I worked as a service dispatcher for 5 months. They had the most backward logic.

Comments

4BET: ,

Load Metric
    Proof Sprint is a fail company. Phoenix is one of the largest Metro areas in the entire USA and the fucking network is still 3G for Sprint.. Even the pink panther carrier (TMobile) is 4G here.. WTF is Sprints issues.. I still think they never recovered from the fail that was/is WIMax/Clearwire. Although it is the whole WiMax thing available through Virgin that even allows folks to get 4G unlimited Data in LV at all.

Just dont get how a metro area as big as we are here in the Valley of the Sun is basically getting the middle finger from Sprint. My cousin has them and is stuck because well his momma pays his cell bill on their company plan but he can be sitting in his condo right of AZ 51 and fucking lose a call with a cell tower right nearly spitting distance from his complex. Majorly fucked up..

Then again we are talking about the same company that kept trying to keep the Nextel IDEN network on life support way longer then it should have. (I had a blackberry through one of my old jobs the fucking brick 7510 I think it it was.. Major fail slower then shit due to the pathetic data speeds even for email and text).

Banned
    Load Metric
    Especially since sprint already has been / still does charge the additional $10/mo for 4g speeds and doesn't have 4g in many areas is shockingly bad! Personally it doesn't make a diff to me because I have an iphone 4s and it is not capable of 4g speeds (sort of an apple fail of its own) but what happens after Jan 1st 2014 when I am eligible for an upgrade? They've been charging this extra $10/mo for a long, LONG time now and if they aren't up and running at least in my area and places I regularly frequent in 4g by the time I'm eligible I might just tell sprint to suck my dick and head to verizon.

It has to be completely embarrassing as an organization to be this far behind the times, no?

Thread Information