Thread: Are you a US Poker Player playing overseas??

Load Metric

Are you a US Poker Player playing overseas??

Better look out if you havent paid your taxes. Good ole Democrats have slapped a rider on the DOT funding bill that will allow them to suspended your passport or revoke it for unpaid taxes.. Good ole Uncle Sam Strikes again and yes its sponsored and brought up by a Democrat again (gee I thought they were Poker Players friends.. Hmm maybe not so much so as they seek to yank more freedoms from us to even travel)

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...ent-taxpayers/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Better look out if you havent paid your taxes. Good ole Democrats have slapped a rider on the DOT funding bill that will allow them to suspended your passport or revoke it for unpaid taxes.. Good ole Uncle Sam Strikes again and yes its sponsored and brought up by a Democrat again (gee I thought they were Poker Players friends.. Hmm maybe not so much so as they seek to yank more freedoms from us to even travel)

Since these people will be receiving their income overseas, the IRS will have no access to that information, and therefore there will be no paper trail or ability for the IRS to expect taxes to be paid. The person can pretty much file whatever bullshit they want and nobody will be the wiser.

Of course, getting the money back into the US could be a problem if you're lying to the IRS about what you're making overseas, but at the same time, I don't see anyone's passports being revoked because they made money playing online poker overseas and didn't declare it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Since these people will be receiving their income overseas, the IRS will have no access to that information, and therefore there will be no paper trail or ability for the IRS to expect taxes to be paid. The person can pretty much file whatever bullshit they want and nobody will be the wiser.

Of course, getting the money back into the US could be a problem if you're lying to the IRS about what you're making overseas, but at the same time, I don't see anyone's passports being revoked because they made money playing online poker overseas and didn't declare it.
    I don't think this is correct if you are in a country with a tax treaty with the US. AFAIK your tax information is automatically sent to the IRS
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Thread Information