Thread: VPN

Bronze
    Load Metric

VPN

Whats the best way to VPN (software or website to use)? And is it 100% reliable to never get noticed and what not..... asking for a friend

Load Metric
    TOR is the easiest for free but unreliable.

When I traveled to China frequently I used Astrill to access sites that were blocked. It's, imo, the best pay for service.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

When I traveled to China frequently I used Astrill to access sites that were blocked. It's, imo, the best pay for service.
    What sites do they block? Facebook and google, any others?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Bronze
    Load Metric

Ya my friend doesn't mind paying at all even if its a lot for the best it gotta be super reliable

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

What sites do they block? Facebook and google, any others?
    Google isn't blocked

Some sites I would go on that were blocked were:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Youtube

Wikipedia is surprisingly not blocked but some pages I believe were, such as Tiananmen Square and such.

There's a webpage you can go on to see if something is blocked: www.greatfirewallofchina.org

Also, 4chan isn't blocked in China but 4chan doesn't allow Chinese to post on 4chan. So I would VPN in to post. However, that changed when he instituted the 4chan pass. I bought one, not because I had to, but because I thought it would be neat to post in /int/ with the PRC flag.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post

Ya my friend doesn't mind paying at all even if its a lot for the best it gotta be super reliable
    Strong VPN is another service. Some of my coworkers used this and insisted it was better but it cost more so I stuck with Astrill. Astrill is also probably one of the most mainstream services you can get. Strong VPN I think you were just randomly connected whereas Astrill you get a whole list of like 20-30 countries with multiple gateways.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm going to just tell you right now if his intent is to play online poker then don't take the chance since anytime a VPN drops off which it's bound to from time to time no matter if it's the most stable service out there then it immediately clicks back to his regular ip address showing whatever site he's on his true location.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I'm going to just tell you right now if his intent is to play online poker then don't take the chance since anytime a VPN drops off which it's bound to from time to time no matter if it's the most stable service out there then it immediately clicks back to his regular ip address showing whatever site he's on his true location.

About the best thing you could do is have friends in several different countries have computers set up that you can route through. That way if one goes down you have several others you're still running through.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    is there anyway that if u disconnect then u automatically disconnect from the internet?

Load Metric
    is there anyway that if u disconnect then u automatically disconnect from the internet?
    Not that I know of. You could maybe write a program yourself that does it, but I'm not sure how you'd go about it. There's probably no way you can exactly sync up when something goes down. You're always going to have some degree of data leakage. You'd basically have to predict that it's going down a half of second before it actually goes down.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not to my knowledge. I'm sure their is something that will disconnect you a few seconds later but a lot of times your true internet is still trying to contact through your proxy while poker software your running when it's disconnected it's trying immediately to get you back online so it realizes your true ip address instantly.

This is why I would never try it with poker as they can close your account and keep all your money but if it was for streaming tv outside your country the worst they could do is block the vpn ip address so that one couldn't get in but it likely just appears as if you went offline on the website whenever disconnected since it continues to send data to that particular ip where a poker site continues to re-connect you in any way possible whenever you lose your connection.

This is why teamviewer into a computer then playing through that would be the only real way to play if you have someone honest on the other end who won't cheat you since they could see your hole cards and you need to trust them to get you the money when you win. It's just too risky for various reasons. VPNs are just not stable enough but if someone really has somebody they can 100% trust to teamviewer into their computer to play then I guess that could be an option.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Not to my knowledge. I'm sure their is something that will disconnect you a few seconds later but a lot of times your true internet is still trying to contact through your proxy while poker software your running when it's disconnected it's trying immediately to get you back online so it realizes your true ip address instantly.

This is why I would never try it with poker as they can close your account and keep all your money but if it was for streaming tv outside your country the worst they could do is block the vpn ip address so that one couldn't get in but it likely just appears as if you went offline on the website whenever disconnected since it continues to send data to that particular ip where a poker site continues to re-connect you in any way possible whenever you lose your connection.

This is why teamviewer into a computer then playing through that would be the only real way to play if you have someone honest on the other end who won't cheat you since they could see your hole cards and you need to trust them to get you the money when you win. It's just too risky for various reasons. VPNs are just not stable enough but if someone really has somebody they can 100% trust to teamviewer into their computer to play then I guess that could be an option.
    r there companys that will set up teamview with them or like a remote desktop or is it pretty much just thru a buddy?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

r there companys that will set up teamview with them or like a remote desktop or is it pretty much just thru a buddy?
    I'm sure you could find hundreds of people that would do this and roll you by sitting in your game seeing your cards without you knowing it or find other ways to steal your money. You can't have teamviewer setup with some random service your account would be at risk at all times.

Bronze
    Load Metric

I'm sure you could find hundreds of people that would do this and roll you by sitting in your game seeing your cards without you knowing it or find other ways to steal your money. You can't have teamviewer setup with some random service your account would be at risk at all times.
    ya thats what i figured... thanks for the help

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

I've said this before but it's worth repeating. What your buddy needs is a cheap virtual private server located in a jurisdiction of your choosing. You're looking at < $50 a month. You then remote desktop onto the server, go full screen, and it just looks like your desktop. You do whatever you want and your IP is always the virtual server - never your location. And you don't have to rely on anyone else leaving a PC on, peeking at your cards etc.
    Last edited by Belly Buster; 06-24-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

I've said this before but it's worth repeating. What your buddy needs is a cheap virtual private server located in a jurisdiction of your choosing. You're looking at < $50 a month. You then remote desktop onto the server, go full screen, and it just looks like your desktop. You do whatever you want and your IP is always the virtual server - never your location. And you don't have to rely on anyone else leaving a PC on, peeking at your cards etc.
    how laggy will it be if at all?

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

The overall experience is a little different to using your regular desktop - the graphics capabilities are not as good, but it's not laggy, providing you have a fast internet connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric

Ive played on stars from the US with the cpu setup in another country, and it was really laggy. Ive never done it this way but it might be worth a try.

Thread Information