Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using e-cigs or vaping instead of smoking cigarettes?

Load Metric

Anyone using e-cigs or vaping instead of smoking cigarettes?

The technology has really advanced in the last year and the choices for vaping are endless. I've cut down on my smoking a lot in the last few years but looking to completely eliminate cigarettes from my life, and thought this might be the way to go. Anyone have expertise?
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    Is this thread bait or something? You know where to go. This and Bitcoins are the two subjects on which Micon is actually useful.
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 06-23-2013 at 07:17 AM.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Gold
    Load Metric
    I think it is all hype. Folks think that vaping is safe yet there has been no studies to confirm this. A lot of these e-liquids are not being produced in FDA approved clean rooms and are most likely made in a garage or office. Are the retailers stating that Vaping will help stop smoking? safer than cigarettes? Curious.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Is this thread bait or something? You know where to go. This and Bitcoins are the two subjects on which Micon is actually useful.
    Oh really? Did not know that. I don't read anything from Micon these days - for a long time actually. I would have expected his vaping to be about pot, not tobacco replacement, but what do I know. Anyways not going over to his forum to read even if its good information - there are entire forums dedicated to ecigs and vaping, and I am perusing them as well, but I was hoping someone here might have a story to share. In case you hadn't noticed, I like it here - good people.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    I think it is all hype. Folks think that vaping is safe yet there has been no studies to confirm this. A lot of these e-liquids are not being produced in FDA approved clean rooms and are most likely made in a garage or office. Are the retailers stating that Vaping will help stop smoking? safer than cigarettes? Curious.
    Gotta be safer than cigs - cigarettes are the worst possible thing you can do to your body. I don't know if the retailers are promising smoking cessation but I do think its possible to trade one addiction for another. It's done all time.

Load Metric
    You don't need ecigs. Just fucking quit smoking. Use a nicotine patch for a month if you must. Show your kido a good example and display some willpower.

Comments

Ryback_feed_me_more: I like ya dude but on this your just being a self-righteous ass. Have you ever been a smoker and know what its like?? If not get off her ass and stick to trolling Gandalf or whatever the fuck his name is.

big dick: asshole doesn't know wtf he is talking about

Vwls: nicotine patch doesn't work dude - read the research
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    You don't need ecigs. Just fucking quit smoking. Use a nicotine patch for a month if you must. Show your kido a good example and display some willpower.
    I don't care about the nicotine very much... I only smoke a couple of cigarettes a day. I actually showed a lot of willpower I suppose over the last few years - cut my habit down to virtually nothing.

I do enjoy it though, especially after a good meal or with a good drink. Just looking for something less carcinogenic but equally satisfying... nothing wrong with that.

Comments

Deal: PM Beebs for a better replacement

gut: ^^^^ HAHA

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    Gotta be safer than cigs - cigarettes are the worst possible thing you can do to your body. I don't know if the retailers are promising smoking cessation but I do think its possible to trade one addiction for another. It's done all time.
    I was curious what the retailers were saying in your neck of the woods because my friend owns a few vaping retail stores in Cali and he instructs his employees to never state they are safer than cigarettes. He also instructs them to say that vaporizers/ecigs are not smoking cessation devices. Anything that is considered a smoking cessation device must be regulated by the FDA.

They seem safer than cigs but who knows. What really is in that liquid? Are they using pharmaceutical grade propylene glycol or agricultural grade? Is it made in China or in someone's backyard?

Comments

Vwls: There are good companies that only use pharmeceutical grade ingredients - and the research to date shows it works for cessation and is safer than cigs

Load Metric
    I didnt even realize that Micon actually has a forum anymore where he could promote his crap. Isnt DD just a bunch of videos and radio links? Where the hell is his forum?

Comments

Ryback_feed_me_more: Yeah I thought with the Armageddon that was 3.0 that some crackhead exploded all over the the place it was unuseable let alone readable anymore

Load Metric
    I was curious what the retailers were saying in your neck of the woods because my friend owns a few vaping retail stores in Cali and he instructs his employees to never state they are safer than cigarettes. He also instructs them to say that vaporizers/ecigs are not smoking cessation devices. Anything that is considered a smoking cessation device must be regulated by the FDA.

They seem safer than cigs but who knows. What really is in that liquid? Are they using pharmaceutical grade propylene glycol or agricultural grade? Is it made in China or in someone's backyard?
    Everything else is made in China, why not e-cigs?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    I don't care about the nicotine very much... I only smoke a couple of cigarettes a day. I actually showed a lot of willpower I suppose over the last few years - cut my habit down to virtually nothing.

I do enjoy it though, especially after a good meal or with a good drink. Just looking for something less carcinogenic but equally satisfying... nothing wrong with that.
    E-cigs are useless if you don't care about the nicotine.

I smoke 2-3 cigs a month, usually at night paired with a bowl hit and do it simply because it is enjoyable and relaxing.

It's really my only health/fitness leak and I tired an e-cig about a month ago to see if it would substitute.

Tasted funky and the nicotine went straight to my head, like that cigarette that knocks you off your feet that real smokers love. I don't like that feeling and won't be using e-cigs again.

Comments

Vwls: you bought the wrong one is all - dont give up... although your smoking habit sounds pretty containable

Load Metric

Smile

There are several politicians out there who think differently.

"You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    I didnt even realize that Micon actually has a forum anymore where he could promote his crap. Isnt DD just a bunch of videos and radio links? Where the hell is his forum?
    http://www.donkdown.com/forum/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsSatire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    http://www.donkdown.com/forum/
    General Error
    SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Comments

Vwls: lolz

Load Metric
    this is why there needs to be a way to +rep a rep

Name:  Anyone using e-cigs or vaping instead of smoking cigarettes-.png
Views: 663
Size:  44.9 KB

Comments

Belly Buster: +rep a rep suggestion rep

Load Metric
    Why not smoke hookah?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Theres shocking evidence that suggests using e-cigs lowers your ability to play tournament poker effectively.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Well, fwiw, I smoked tobacco for many years, but I quit and haven't smoked for several years. My piece of advice: don't use the nicotine gum--it's as addicting as tobacco and almost as expensive. I would think the same is true for e-cigs.

It's tough to quit and you will continue to crave them for a long time afterwards, but the day will come you won't even think of them anymore--and wonder why you didn't quit earlier.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitting Out View Post
    Well, fwiw, I smoked tobacco for many years, but I quit and haven't smoked for several years. My piece of advice: don't use the nicotine gum--it's as addicting as tobacco and almost as expensive. I would think the same is true for e-cigs.

It's tough to quit and you will continue to crave them for a long time afterwards, but the day will come you won't even think of them anymore--and wonder why you didn't quit earlier.

I don't know a single person that didn't get addicted to the nicotine gum.

Also, e-cigs are the same way. Whether you accept it or not, it's the nicotine that eventually drives you back. Switching to an e-cig will not decrease your smoking habits, it will just simply get rid of a lot of the toxins that a traditional cigarette comes with. However, with an e-cig you also can't monitor how much nicotine you take in for quite a while. With a traditional cigarette you know like hey one cig and that's all I need for the next hour, but when you start up with an e-cig you don't know how many hits you need. This will also change depending on the type of liquid. Concentrations may be different. So you actually run the risk of increasing the amount of nicotine you need to function, though at the same time you obviously get rid of 99.9% of the bad shit that goes in your lungs with a regular cigarette.

I don't use e-cigs and I don't recommend using them. I know people that have used them and they all have eventually gone back to regular cigarettes and often times smoked more than they did before. If you're going to quit and you can't quit cold turkey, as I've shown I can't, you're going to need to get chantix or something similar.

Load Metric
    Thanks for the input guys. My doctor told me she considers smoking 2-3 cigarettes a day 'not smoking.' But there is something about the reproachful look on my daughter's face when she sees me with a cigarette - I just want to eliminate them completely. I thought e-cigs might be fun - I obv wouldn't be vaping them very often. Maybe once a day, or more likely a couple times a week?

From what I am reading, you can now control the amount of nicotine very precisely, but to be honest, I was thinking of just ordering the "juice" that has no nicotine at all. As I mentioned, I am not really that into getting a nicotine fix - for me it's more about the oral gratification of the act of smoking.

Thread Information