Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using e-cigs or vaping instead of smoking cigarettes?

Load Metric
    looks like someone doesnt know the true meaning of oral gratification

Load Metric
    I suppose next you'll be offering me something "so much better" than a cigarette to put in my mouth.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. My doctor told me she considers smoking 2-3 cigarettes a day 'not smoking.' But there is something about the reproachful look on my daughter's face when she sees me with a cigarette - I just want to eliminate them completely. I thought e-cigs might be fun - I obv wouldn't be vaping them very often. Maybe once a day, or more likely a couple times a week?

From what I am reading, you can now control the amount of nicotine very precisely, but to be honest, I was thinking of just ordering the "juice" that has no nicotine at all. As I mentioned, I am not really that into getting a nicotine fix - for me it's more about the oral gratification of the act of smoking.
    You have a husband, right?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I keep going back and forth between the e-cig and smoking, I am gonna try the e-cig again. Last time I didn't touch a cigarette for 4 months and my lungs felt fucking awesome. I am sure you probably take more nicotine with an e-cig but the whole tradeoff is so much better, if you are only smoking 2-3 cigarettes a day it should be pretty easy to get off of them with the e-cig.

As far as the dangers of e-cig vs regular cig, regulars will fucking kill you ainec. I think the people bitching about that probably work for the tobacco companies. If they were so fucking smart they would come out with their own branded vapes.

Comments

Vwls: good luck - hope you kick the cigarettes!

Load Metric
    Also I can offer you something so much better to put in your mouth. No carcinogens at all and completely natural.

Load Metric
    I suppose next you'll be offering me something "so much better" than a cigarette to put in my mouth.

Load Metric
    I wouldn't necessarily say better, but at least something different. All kidding aside, my dad went to one of those hypnotism things at a Ramada Inn conference room and quit that night. He did gain about 30 pounds though so do it at your own peril.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say better, but at least something different. All kidding aside, my dad went to one of those hypnotism things at a Ramada Inn conference room and quit that night. He did gain about 30 pounds though so do it at your own peril.
    Yeah I've heard that happens - but again, it's trading one addiction for another (in your dad's case, eating for smoking). Which is another reason why I'm interested in the electronic cigarette option.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Yeah I've heard that happens - but again, it's trading one addiction for another (in your dad's case, eating for smoking). Which is another reason why I'm interested in the electronic cigarette option.
    You smoke two cigarettes a day and you are trying to quit smoking? Are you fucking serious?

This is an attention whore thread. And LOL you never heard Micon pimping e-cigs. You are probably brokering for him.

Comments

nunbeater: lol at you calling out someone for making an attention whore thread

Muck Ficon: :noose

Load Metric
    Yeah - my daughter wants me to quit and I agree with her. While it may not be as bad of an issue for me as it is for those who smoke more, it's still a genuine concern. As to the rest of your post, it's kind of, well... delusional. Hope you are kidding.

Anyways I found a local vape store - I'm going to try something this weekend and will report back here with success/failure update after I get set up.

Load Metric
    Possibly but in my dad's case I don't think so. He was one of those people that worked 12 hour days and would rather smoke than eat lunch or snack breaks. He was probably only eating one meal a day on average while he was a smoker. Nicotine is a powerful enough stimulant for some people that it can kill their appetite and once it's gone and they begin to eat normally with an arguably slower metabolism they gain weight.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    You smoke two cigarettes a day and you are trying to quit smoking? Are you fucking serious?

This is an attention whore thread. And LOL you never heard Micon pimping e-cigs. You are probably brokering for him.
    I can assure you this: Your daughter will be infinitely more embarrassed if Mom is puffing a e-cig and explaining the benefits of it to people who do not care.

There is nothing wrong with a chick smoking a couple cigarettes and get eaten out afterwards. You are too self conscious about your image, you are almost 50 get over it.

Comments

GambleBotsSatire: pwned silly

anonamoose: your parent's should be embarrassed that you were born

nunbeater: not as embarrassed as your five month old girlfriend you fucking super mario brothers washout

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    I keep going back and forth between the e-cig and smoking, I am gonna try the e-cig again. Last time I didn't touch a cigarette for 4 months and my lungs felt fucking awesome. I am sure you probably take more nicotine with an e-cig but the whole tradeoff is so much better, if you are only smoking 2-3 cigarettes a day it should be pretty easy to get off of them with the e-cig.

As far as the dangers of e-cig vs regular cig, regulars will fucking kill you ainec. I think the people bitching about that probably work for the tobacco companies. If they were so fucking smart they would come out with their own branded vapes.
    All the major tobacco companies are planning to roll out e-cigs. I hold stock in several of them, they have discussed this in annual reports/public places.

Comments

Vwls: Good idea - PM me details of stock holdings. This will be big.

nunbeater: good gauge, I figured they were getting something rolled out soon

Load Metric
    Possibly but in my dad's case I don't think so. He was one of those people that worked 12 hour days and would rather smoke than eat lunch or snack breaks. He was probably only eating one meal a day on average while he was a smoker. Nicotine is a powerful enough stimulant for some people that it can kill their appetite and once it's gone and they begin to eat normally with an arguably slower metabolism they gain weight.
    Right - true. So he didn't really eat any more - just the normal amount of food he was eating prior to quitting? If so, that's an amazing difference in metabolism.

Load Metric
    I can assure you this: Your daughter will be infinitely more embarrassed if Mom is puffing a e-cig and explaining the benefits of it to people who do not care.

There is nothing wrong with a chick smoking a couple cigarettes and get eaten out afterwards. You are too self conscious about your image, you are almost 50 get over it.
    Dude - I don't even know how to respond to these... ramblings. My daughter isn't embarrassed - she's worried about my health. I could care less about the "image" part - I don't smoke around people anyway. The rest of what you wrote is again... so weird and random it's bordering on delusional. Not sure what to tell you. Here - read this site - it will keep you occupied and might be up your alley. http://www.delusionalinsects.com/sty...-31/index.html

Comments

anonamoose: i lol'd

Load Metric
    It does slow metabolism but in most cases not significantly. The reason most people gain weight after quitting smoking is because of the oral fixation of smoking a cigarette. They need something in their mouth or they can't concentrate. Most people fix this with eating more.

When I last quit for a month or so, I would simply eat sun flower seeds. That helped drastically. I know some people that would just chew on a pen or a toothpick.

Load Metric

Right - true. So he didn't really eat any more - just the normal amount of food he was eating prior to quitting? If so, that's an amazing difference in metabolism.
    I think he means that his dad would probably take smoke breaks instead of eating, so he was never actually eating the regular meals at all while he was at work, until he quit smoking.

Sucks that inhaling smoke, and the entire process and ritual of smoking, is so much fun.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

It does slow metabolism but in most cases not significantly. The reason most people gain weight after quitting smoking is because of the oral fixation of smoking a cigarette. They need something in their mouth or they can't concentrate. Most people fix this with eating more.

When I last quit for a month or so, I would simply eat sun flower seeds. That helped drastically. I know some people that would just chew on a pen or a toothpick.
    I used to eat sunflower seeds shell and all. But they gave me the worst smelling farts I've ever let fly.

Comments

nunbeater: love sunflower seeds! great for kids

Bronze
    Load Metric

Dude - I don't even know how to respond to these... ramblings. My daughter isn't embarrassed - she's worried about my health. I could care less about the "image" part - I don't smoke around people anyway. The rest of what you wrote is again... so weird and random it's bordering on delusional. Not sure what to tell you. Here - read this site - it will keep you occupied and might be up your alley. http://www.delusionalinsects.com/sty...-31/index.html
    There is nothing delusional about my post. Nobody ever posts addiction posts about smoking two cigarettes a day. You did however.

You are angling for something again. Probably another tombstone on a hill or something.

Comments

nunbeater: yeah she is completely delusional as opposed to the 200k/year 70 year old plumber with a 21 year old gf. shut it down faggot

Walter Sobchak: this

Load Metric
    Many a thread has been derailed by Bottomset's unhealthy obsession with Vwls.

Pretty unlikely to think that any real female would associate with a binge drinking, socially awkward plumber. It's just too bad that threads have to be hijacked by his jonesing for attention.

How old are you Bottomset, don't think this has ever been established..

Thread Information