Thread: Caesars fail of the day

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Caesars fail of the day

Caesar's properties frequently (unintentionally) screw you when it comes to your RCs.

There are all kinds of ways where RCs can be erroneously charged to your account. It has happened to me countless times, and Brandon has been a frequent victim of this, as well.

Therefore, I frequently check the charges to my RCs, which you can only do by e-mailing Total Rewards.

Usually they are pretty good about listing things properly, but for the past week, they are failing each time I e-mail them.

My favorite was this e-mail I got today:

Todd here is play form 6/4 at Lau Base earned 2502,bonus tier 5000. 6/5 12 base earned. 6/8 at CLV 7567 bonus rc adjustment. 6/9 5 base earned. RC used 6/4 at LAU 899 at cabo cafe. 6/7 at PLV 400 at boulangerie.6/8 at CLV SGG 1000,Ogden 2919 Neros 9100,Cen 12215.6/9 SBX 500

Try decoding that one.

The most hilarious thing about the above is the fact that there are charges for Bradley Ogden ($29.19) and Nero's ($91.00) in Caesars, dated 6/8/13, and those restaurants don't exist anymore!

Using my knowledge of the properties, I was able to decode it to mean the following:

(each RC is worth 1 cent)

Earned:
    2502 in Laughlin
    12 in Laughlin
    7567 Bonus RCs awarded at Caesar's
    5 at Rio

Spent:
    899 at Cabo Cafe in Laughlin
    400 at Boulangerie at Paris
    1000 at Serendipity 3 at Caesars (coded as SGG)
    2919 at Gordon Ramsay Pub (space formerly occupied Bradley Ogden) at Caesars
    9100 at Old Homestead Steakhouse (space formerly occupied by Nero) at Caesars
    12215 at Central (coded as Cen) at Caesars
    500 at Starbucks (coded as SBX) at Caesars

I think this is probably right.

But can you believe this is what they send the customer?

Load Metric
    They probably want to make it look like a betting slip to get you in the mood to gamble some more.

91 dollars at a fucking steahouse? That steak better blow me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    They probably want to make it look like a betting slip to get you in the mood to gamble some more.

This amount isn't uncommon by any means for a decent steakhouse and depending on what is purchased the bill could be much less or much more.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

This amount isn't uncommon by any means for a decent steakhouse and depending on what is purchased the bill could be much less or much more.
    Unless you're eating alone $91 is pretty cheap
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you think $91 is expensive for a two at a steakhouse, you haven't been to a nice steakhouse in at least 20 years.

Actually my bill was $166, but I had a food comp for $75.

In case anyone cares, here is a review of the Caesars restaurant situation I recently posted on another site:

I have a lot of experience with Caesar's. I will go over all of the restaurants below:

Central is the only 24-hour restaurant on the premises. It is owned by chef Michael Richard. The food is pretty good there, and it's probably the best 24-hour place on the strip. The big problem with Central, however, is that you can't use food-and-beverage credits there, nor can you use those "free food" coupons you get in the Caesar's mailers. You can use RCs, but no other form of food comp will work there, which is a big problem when this is the only 24 hour place on the property.

Old Homestead Steakhouse has replaced "Nero's", and is pretty good. It is completely owned by Caesar's. They take all forms of comps. The place does have two problems: First, it has no atmosphere. It's crammed into a small space right along one of the two main Caesar's walkways. Second, it is way too expensive. I'd say everything is marked up about 40% there. Steaks that normally go for $50 a la carte in prime steakhouses are about $70 at Old Homestead. There is no reason for this, other than gouging people. I only go here when I have a coupon or food credit.

Rao's is also very expensive, and the food isn't that good. It's Italian. Read the Yelp reviews of the place. Most people don't seem to like it. Rao's is a beloved place in New York, but much like the watered-down version of Broadway shows in Vegas, the west's version of this restaurant pales in comparison. I do believe all comps work here, and it is partially owned by Caesar's.

Mesa Grill is owned half by Bobby Flay and half by Caesar's. I like it. My girlfriend isn't crazy about it. It's Southwestern food. It is fairly expensive here, but I go here a lot when I have food comps or coupons. They take all forms of comps.

I am not sure who owns Nobu. I tried to use a food comp there when they first opened (about 4 weeks into it) and they had a REALLY hard time getting it to work. They finally just took $75 off my meal after a LONG wait to get it working. Frustratingly, they charged $75 back to my RCs the next day after I left! Took a long time to get this resolved. Anyway, they stopped taking those food coupons at that point. I'm not sure if they have started again. I think charge-to-your-room food comps still work with Nobu. It is very good, but ridiculously expensive. I took my girlfriend there once just because she wanted to go really badly. The Nobu hotel is in the former (and quite old) Centurion Tower. I'm not sure how nice it is, since it's in such an old tower, and there's only so much you can do to renovate an old hotel.

The food court is called Cypress Street Marketplace and mostly sucks. It ranges from moderately overpriced to extremely overpriced, but they take all comps. The problem is that Caesar's invented its own fast food brands instead of using trusted ones with experience. So rather than McDonalds, Burger King, or Fatburger, their burger place's name is just a picture of a hamburger. Their Asian place is called "Ah So" (I'm not kidding) and most people don't like it. Their Mexican place is called "Ole'" (lame) and again, most people don't like it. There is a decent place with a comfort-food theme, which always seems to be the most popular. That's where I go. There is a pizza place which is RIDICULOUSLY expensive, charging like $6.50 for a slice of pizza. Unfortunately, that's the only food court stand open after 11pm (I think it's open 'til 3am). I remember trying to order a whole pizza there ($26) and they refused, even though whole pizzas were on the menu. They told me they had to make a separate whole pizza for me, and I had to wait 15-20 minutes, even though a whole pizza was sitting right there (and nobody else was in line!) I demanded they sell me the pizza that was ready, and when I pulled out my Seven Stars card, they consulted the manager by phone, who authorized it. There is also some cold-sandwich place (pre-made), but it's usually very empty, so I can't imagine it being too good.

Caesar's really needs a 24-hour cafe where comps work, and they also need a fast-food type option after 11pm other than ripoff pizza.

Load Metric
    Fuck I wish I was there to see druff telling them they have to sell him the whole pizza and them saying its their policy to make him wait for a new one. Not saying druff was wrong here but I wish I couldve seen it. They should make a reality show where cameras follow around druff and he goes into places with known customer service probs and watch him tilt the fuck out of both himself and the employees. I know I wouldnt miss an episode.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Yeah the more stories like that from druff, which seem to be endless, are really beating the shit out of the written word. We want visuals.

Load Metric
    I had some Caesar's fail of my own.

Got a TR marketing offer that said "Check your email for this amazing offer!" of course I never received any email.

Why is it so hard to include the contents of the email on the website?

Thread Information