Thread: Online poker USA

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Online poker USA

I know that playing poker online in the US, I am taking a great risk. As far as not being able to cash out. But, what poker sites do you guys recommend if I do decide to play?? Thanks for all the help

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spdrwebb View Post
    I know that playing poker online in the US, I am taking a great risk. As far as not being able to cash out. But, what poker sites do you guys recommend if I do decide to play?? Thanks for all the help
    I was at first tempted to be an ass and point you in the direction of say Lock Poker or any other Revolution Gaming skin just to be shitty (in pain due to knee injury at work last night and then bloody power went out at 3am which isnt a good thing when ya live in the fucking desert even if it's nighttime)..

Reality is any site is gonna have risks due to the inherit concern over repeat Black Friday issues. Bovada seems to be stable since Calvin Ayre loves to stick his middle finger to the US. I personally play on Carbon which havent had issues with per se other then some recent issues with just lack of action (literally nobody in the tourney section and not even 200 playing ring games. Even if it was the middle of the night 1am PDT/MST would have expected some degen grinders of some sort since its networked as well). Due to work scheduling issues I havent been playing as much as I would like as prime playing time is while Im at work (2-10pm here on the West Coast/SW USA) and probably played more live then online since I moved to AZ. I admit Im a ClubWPT member but hell a chance to get a buyin to a WPT ME for cheap is really the only plus there but the software I still hate as it reminds me of UB.. If you live in a state where you can play skillbet is worth a shot. I could play when I was in NC but for some asinine reason its apparently not legal to play here in AZ.. Other then that Im sure others have some opinions but sadly until this whole interstate/intrastate thing shakes out properly the online poker scene is pretty sketchy in a lot of ways and uncertain.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spdrwebb View Post
    I was at first tempted to be an ass and point you in the direction of say Lock Poker or any other Revolution Gaming skin just to be shitty (in pain due to knee injury at work last night and then bloody power went out at 3am which isnt a good thing when ya live in the fucking desert even if it's nighttime)..

Reality is any site is gonna have risks due to the inherit concern over repeat Black Friday issues. Bovada seems to be stable since Calvin Ayre loves to stick his middle finger to the US. I personally play on Carbon which havent had issues with per se other then some recent issues with just lack of action (literally nobody in the tourney section and not even 200 playing ring games. Even if it was the middle of the night 1am PDT/MST would have expected some degen grinders of some sort since its networked as well). Due to work scheduling issues I havent been playing as much as I would like as prime playing time is while Im at work (2-10pm here on the West Coast/SW USA) and probably played more live then online since I moved to AZ. I admit Im a ClubWPT member but hell a chance to get a buyin to a WPT ME for cheap is really the only plus there but the software I still hate as it reminds me of UB.. If you live in a state where you can play skillbet is worth a shot. I could play when I was in NC but for some asinine reason its apparently not legal to play here in AZ.. Other then that Im sure others have some opinions but sadly until this whole interstate/intrastate thing shakes out properly the online poker scene is pretty sketchy in a lot of ways and uncertain.
    Carbon:
    No rake back for grinders, no P2P xfers, and most importantly, no liquidity - cash outs take months.

The aforementioned issues result in no players - no action. I am a cash player but used to exchange funds with some of the tourney pros. Carbon has a "Friends" tag that provides the last log date & time for players you have tagged. A month or two after the cancellation of P2P transfers I started to notice that the the regulars I had in my list were not logging in anymore.

I have given up on Carbon. On the other hand, Americas Card Room, with its Gift Card cashout feature, has the liquidity I seek as a player. There is some decent action for cash. The tournament schedule is laughable. My therapist advises against grinding tournaments (my insurance will not cover the prescription pain medication required to deal with the variance). Thus, poor tournies don't affect me personally.

Nevertheless, I cannot fathom why there is not more tournament traffic on Americas Card Room given the cashout liquidity (seems as good as Bovada). Chicken & egg puzzle. Does the tourney schedule stink because there are no players or are there no players because the schedule stinks. Regardless, I am comforted that ACR isn't just throwing up big tourny guarantees to drive traffic. One concept I have gained from listening to Druff is just how thin some of these sites are financially. I would rather play on a solid profitable site building slowly.

China discussed site selection in his last solo show. I feel he was somewhat vague with specifics. His comments seemed more autobiographical & historical. I am curious if he still plays Carbon. If not, is he VPN'ing or private server?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    When its a pain in the ass to deposit? Probably not the best to play at all.

Bets saved are bets earned.

Rest In Peace, Godfather delaware's Avatar
    Load Metric
    whats the cashout time for americas? seems like its only a no limit site. toury cost to much to enter like 10 dollors plus for a 500 gurantee event. but the no limit action looks very good.a 50-1.00 can seem to become a 5-10 very fast. until i know about cash out time it dont matter. if its good iam going there.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    What about international online gaming? I'm not from the US and I wanted to find out a good site where I can deal with different nationalities. That would be fun, I think

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rompflaky View Post
    What about international online gaming? I'm not from the US and I wanted to find out a good site where I can deal with different nationalities. That would be fun, I think
    If your in a country where you can play on Pokerstars then that is your best bet for a heavy traffic site but some of the smaller ones you may be able to play on might offer you better deals such as rakeback and might even have softer fields. Since I live in the USA I am not up on what sites are the softest that rest of world customers can play on.

Thread Information