Thread: Ohio judge calls speeding cameras "a scam"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Ohio judge calls speeding cameras "a scam"

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news...ras-are-a-scam

I agree.

Speeding cameras (which issue tickets on their own, with no human involved) should be illegal.

It is simply not fair for a machine to write citations when it cannot judge the circumstances surrounding the situation.

What if the speeder is avoiding a drunk or reckless driver? What if the speeder is temporarily speeding up to pass another motorist, and then returning to the speed limit? The camera cannot record or verify any of these. It cannot make judgment calls. Basically, in court it is your word against a machine's.

These are cash cows for local governments. They are not about safety.

Red light cameras are even worse, as they CAUSE more accidents than they prevent. People slam on the brakes in fear of the camera catching them in a marginal yellow-light situation, causing rear-end collisions. For the most part, almost all dangerous red-light-running situations are a result of drivers who would not be deterred by a red light camera's existence -- drunks, people fleeing from the law, and extreme reckless drivers.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    The UK is littered with these things cropping up everywhere. Pure money making machine for local councils.

Motorists are fighting back, with the cameras being torched almost as quickly as they are put in.

Name:  speedcam_ar_c1733670_13530_901.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  44.1 KB

http://www.leamingtonobserver.co.uk/...med-72478.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    I don't mind the odd volunteer tax. Slots, cigs, lottery and traffic tickets.

Comments

4BET: Cry baby rep
    Last edited by Deal; 06-14-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Easy to avoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    http://www.thecarconnection.com/news...ras-are-a-scam

I agree.

Speeding cameras (which issue tickets on their own, with no human involved) should be illegal.

It is simply not fair for a machine to write citations when it cannot judge the circumstances surrounding the situation.

What if the speeder is avoiding a drunk or reckless driver? What if the speeder is temporarily speeding up to pass another motorist, and then returning to the speed limit? The camera cannot record or verify any of these. It cannot make judgment calls. Basically, in court it is your word against a machine's.

These are cash cows for local governments. They are not about safety.

Red light cameras are even worse, as they CAUSE more accidents than they prevent. People slam on the brakes in fear of the camera catching them in a marginal yellow-light situation, causing rear-end collisions. For the most part, almost all dangerous red-light-running situations are a result of drivers who would not be deterred by a red light camera's existence -- drunks, people fleeing from the law, and extreme reckless drivers.
    Was a long time ago so I obv can't link to it, but I read an article that linked to some study that showed that less accidents occur on roads with less street signs, guard rails, and lights because drivers are more alert. I guess all the traffic signs and stuff cause either sensory overload or a false sense of security.

Comments

Belly Buster: lol

Load Metric
    pure scam

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    But when these things are on every mile of every road its only a matter of time before they'll get you - which makes it a lot less voluntary.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    But when these things are on every mile of every road its only a matter of time before they'll get you - which makes it a lot less voluntary.
    Unless you don't speed...
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

Unless you don't speed...
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Platinum
    Load Metric
    They recently shut down the entire city program in Baltimore because there were so many problems. All types of crazy shit going on.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...camera-tickets

They are still popping up like weeds in the county though, just announced like 13 more are going up.

Pretty soon, they will be on every street in America, generating billions and billions of dollars that can be wasted lining the pockets of the crooks in office.

Just wait til the feds get on the gravy train, that is coming too. Watch.

Thread Information