Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ********OFFICIAL MASTERS 2012 THREAD*********

Bronze
    Load Metric

********OFFICIAL MASTERS 2012 THREAD*********

DONT FORGET KIDS TOMORROW 'S PAR THREE CONTEST AND EARLY ROUND COVERAGE CAN BE FOUND ONLINE AT, MASTERS.ORG..... CAN WE GET A PHIL MICKELSON SIGHTING FOR THE WIN 1 TIME!

P.S. TYPED IN CAPS IN HONOR OF CMONEY

Load Metric
    This is clearly Tiger's tourney to lose. McIlroy will be right there in it, a few Eurpoeans no one has ever heard of, and probably some older American we have all forgotton about (Couples maybe?). Mickelson wont be top 5. You heard it here first.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I'll be watching the golf but here's a little Augusta National sideshow drama:

Banned
    Load Metric
    Dog eats man's Masters ticket; man makes dog throw up, reconstructs tix...

"Well, folks, it looks like we got the saying wrong. Dogs apparently don't like homework, but they sure do like tickets to the Masters."

Read article:

Dog eats man’s Masters tickets right before he leaves for Augusta...

Name:  mastersticket_dog.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  22.8 KB

Load Metric
    Fucking dream threeseome of Palmer, Nicklaus, and Player for the par 3 contest and they cancel due to weather after Arney birdies #2 and hits to within 3 foot on the 3rd. Life sucks sometimes

Banned
    Load Metric
    Martin Kaymer hole in one with ball skipped across the water at 16 - 2012 Masters:

Bronze
    Load Metric
    live coverage of amen corner on masters.org now!

Load Metric
    I know it's still only half way through, but Fred Couples sharing the lead is beyond fucking great to see. If Nick Watney ever gets full control of his game he will be a beast. I'm looking forward to grilling some steaks tomorrow and watching all afternoon.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Freddy goating it up, did anyone pick him?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Oh, I think maybe one smart motherfucker might have...

In this pool, however, looks like it was just me.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 04-06-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post

Boys I would jump for joy if Freddy won it, but it's not going to happen. Two reasons. Pressure and age. The first two rounds are obviously difficult but when it comes

down to the final few holes and you've got to make that 4 footer the old boys lose it. Ask any of them. Ernie Els is the most recent example and Tiger has got it big time.

The list is endless and it is so rare to see an oldie make it all te way. Norman and Watson at the British opens in the near past were the best examples of it.

Load Metric

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Boys I would jump for joy if Freddy won it, but it's not going to happen. Two reasons. Pressure and age. The first two rounds are obviously difficult but when it comes

down to the final few holes and you've got to make that 4 footer the old boys lose it. Ask any of them. Ernie Els is the most recent example and Tiger has got it big time.

The list is endless and it is so rare to see an oldie make it all te way. Norman and Watson at the British opens in the near past were the best examples of it.

Hey Les, how is sobriety treating you...or is it?

Load Metric

I don't totally disagree with you on this but...... Freddy knows how to play this course & he can definitely do it. The only strike against him is his back problems. If they don't flare up he has as a good a chance as anyone.

BTW I gave props to CD for picking Freddy in the other thread after the first round. A solid pick IMO & one I almost made & I should have stuck to my convictions like he did.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnDew View Post

That hissy fit by Tiger was classic. Anyone who plays golf can relate. However just that sort of act, among others, is what separates Tiger from past champions.

I don't think Jack, or Arnie or Tom or any of the greats had such a poor on course demeanor. The way he treats the reporters and the general public

has set him aside from the others. Long before he had his off course troubles Tiger proved time and again he was an arrogant jerk.

He treats people like dirt unless things are going great for him.

Now, he's shown he is fallible.

His after round interview was actually the best I've seen from him in along time so maybe he's changed some but his game is now slipping away

Jack's record is safe.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    BTW I gave props to CD for picking Freddy in the other thread after the first round. A solid pick IMO & one I almost made & I should have stuck to my convictions like he did.
    Right as I was making my picks in that thread, I figured I'd take a look at the only source of golf commentary I've read in recent memory: Norm MacDonald's twitter. He was answering questions, and he said his mind told him that Hunter Mahan would win. Someone asked his gut feeling, and he said his gut feeling was Lee Westwood. Asked for his hunch, he said his hunch was Freddie Couples. In hindsight, I should have went with all 3, but I only had one slot left and I had a hunch his hunch was the way to go.

Load Metric
    Right as I was making my picks in that thread, I figured I'd take a look at the only source of golf commentary I've read in recent memory: Norm MacDonald's twitter. He was answering questions, and he said his mind told him that Hunter Mahan would win. Someone asked his gut feeling, and he said his gut feeling was Lee Westwood. Asked for his hunch, he said his hunch was Freddie Couples. In hindsight, I should have went with all 3, but I only had one slot left and I had a hunch his hunch was the way to go.
    I'm kicking myself for not going with my gut. Freddy is my 2nd favorite golfer after Jack. I actually had his name typed in my list then recalled an interview I had just seen with Mike Weir where he said almost word for word what he had said prior to the opening round the year he won. I took this as a sign & changed the pick. I even left the comment about "how's that for a longshot" because I already had it there for Freddy & it still applied.
    Whether he wins it or not I still think it was a great pick by you.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I don't totally disagree with you on this but...... Freddy knows how to play this course & he can definitely do it. The only strike against him is his back problems. If they don't flare up he has as a

good a chance as anyone.

Yes, he obviously knows the course but golf is not only god given talent but nerves. And for whatever reason the putter kills them all. Haven't you see Freddy in the last couple Masters.

He's got the tee to green game for sure, but the putting game failed him and it affects them all in the end. It will be obvious over the next two days.

If Freddy wins then the Leafs have a chance next year.

Load Metric

That hissy fit by Tiger was classic. Anyone who plays golf can relate. However just that sort of act, among others, is what separates Tiger from past champions.

I don't think Jack, or Arnie or Tom or any of the greats had such a poor on course demeanor. The way he treats the reporters and the general public

has set him aside from the others. Long before he had his off course troubles Tiger proved time and again he was an arrogant jerk.

He treats people like dirt unless things are going great for him.

Now, he's shown he is fallible.

His after round interview was actually the best I've seen from him in along time so maybe he's changed some but his game is now slipping away

Jack's record is safe.

Tiger Woods is my least favorite golfer of all time & has been almost since he came on the scene. The day he said, after winning by numerous shots, that he only had his 'B" game & was upset, even though he won going away, was it for me. He is the most hated golfer on the tour & it's not because he wins a lot, it's because he does & says things like this all the time, although he's he's learned over the years not to say stupid things like this in interviews.

When his goon caddy took that camera from a fan because it supposedly distracted Tiger on a pitch shot, that tilted me beyond belief. We had been told for years how his father would do things in his backswing like jingle keys & talk loudly to distract him to make him mentally tough to help him win.

He's the biggest hypocrite in golf. Totally disrespectful to opponents & fans alike(and apparently his wife & family)& for this he's made the richest golfer & posssibly athlete in history? He's also a hypocrite when it comes to the press because many in the press knew for years that he was being a douche to his wife & said nothing. He still treats them with disdain even though they covered his ass for years when they could have buried him for his indiscretions. This was not a very well kept secret in golfing circles as we are all led to believe.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric

I don't totally disagree with you on this but...... Freddy knows how to play this course & he can definitely do it. The only strike against him is his back problems. If they don't flare up he has as a

good a chance as anyone.

Yes, he obviously knows the course but golf is not only god given talent but nerves. And for whatever reason the putter kills them all. Haven't you see Freddy in the last couple Masters.

He's got the tee to green game for sure, but the putting game failed him and it affects them all in the end. It will be obvious over the next two days.

If Freddy wins then the Leafs have a chance next year.
    It may turn out that you are right but I don't think him winning would be on the same scale as the leafs winning the cup on the upset scale. The greens at Augusta can make anybody look silly & if you miss on the wrong side & leave yourself the wrong putts(downhill & sidehill)you are screwed no matter who you are. He's striking the ball well & that will help in not putting himself in these bad positions. That being said, we both know it's always about putting no matter what course they are on. Augusta is just the extreme.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Thread Information