Thread: coming to the WSOP at the end of June

Platinum
    Load Metric

coming to the WSOP at the end of June

The Monte Carlo looks decent and the price is good...is this place a dump or what?

I'll be in town the 24th - 28th while I schlep my kids to camp.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    so no one has stayed at this joint? harumph.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    so no one has stayed at this joint? harumph.
    My buddy has, said it was cheap , ok and good location

Load Metric
    we'd stayed there a couple of years ago, and it's decent, but was expensive when we were there. We're coming in on the 4th and staying at the Gold Coast that's suppose to be walking distance to the rio. I don't know anything about it, but it was cheap, and from their web site looks ok.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    its decent for the price and good location...its connected to the aria as well which has a decent poker room...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In 2009, Benjamin's mom (who hadn't seen me since 1993) flew out to Vegas for our "first date weekend".

Even though I had an apartment, she got a hotel room just in case things didn't work out.

She chose the Monte Carlo, for reasons unknown. I forgot how much she paid -- I think something in the $150/night range on the weekend.

I actually ended up in the room with her both nights (no, we didn't have sex that weekend), and I remember it being a decent place.

The parking was the only problem. The garage was under construction and some of the floors were closed. to the public. There was a guard who wouldn't let you up to the 3rd or higher floor unless you were an employee.

On Saturday night, the lot was full because so little of the garage was open. This irritated me because I had to park outside in the hot August sun, and I knew we would wake up the next day and get into a boiling car. Valet wasn't an option because the line on Sunday to get your car is horrendous, for obvious reasons.

I called the front desk and complained about this, telling them they should have warned us that the parking lot was under construction and mostly unavailable, especially in the hot summer. The manager made the mistake of admitting that it had been this way "for a long time", which gave me even a stronger case to complain why we weren't informed. I would have been happy with like $20 back on the bill. He offered $75. I got off the phone and wasn't sure what she would think of this whole thing. On one hand, I had just saved her $75 (as it was her hotel room), but on the other hand, I wondered if I looked like an obnoxious pain-in-the-ass.

After a short period of silence, she told me that she loved hearing the way I handled that call, and was very impressed. Seriously, at that moment, I thought the relationship might really have a future.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Of course the relationship progressed after she enjoyed watching you power Jew your way through your first 48 hours together in Vegas.

Comments

chinamaniac: powerjew is a great term

big dick: sure is

Deal: hof

simpdog:

4Dragons: Power Jew is God

Platinum
    Load Metric
    thanks for the info..Booked!

I could live without the bullshite "resort fee" but whatever.

The Gold Coast is indeed right across from the Rio, a short walk through the furnace of a parking garage. the place is a dump but you ain't gonna be in the room much anyhow, seriously the smallest bathroom of any hotel I've ever been in, you physically cannot get on the crapper and then shut the door because your knees get in the way.

Banned
    Load Metric
    It's going to be some game of thrones type shit when she finally breaks down when todd is powerjewing his way to food vouchers and she has finally had enough.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I forgot how much she paid

I call BS. You know right down to the penny. You also know what credit card she used and what loyalty program she was on. I say 'was' because you no doubt informed her of a better one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    In 2009, Benjamin's mom (who hadn't seen me since 1993) flew out to Vegas for our "first date weekend".
    a. Why do you call her Benjamin's mom?

b. Are you going to shorten his name at some point to Ben? With him being older I would have guessed you switched by now?

c. nice work on saving her money. I hope you made her pay for dinner with that $75 you saved her.

Comments

thesidedish: shorten name, 12 y/o bengamin is a "FAG!"

Load Metric

The Gold Coast is indeed right across from the Rio, a short walk through the furnace of a parking garage. the place is a dump but you ain't gonna be in the room much anyhow, seriously the smallest bathroom of any hotel I've ever been in, you physically cannot get on the crapper and then shut the door because your knees get in the way.
    this is the pic that the gold coast is showing for the bathroom. Someplace I read that they have recently remodeled it. But like you mentioned, we ain't going to be in the room that much.Name:  coastbr.image.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  121.6 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    It's going to be some game of thrones type shit when she finally breaks down when todd is powerjewing his way to food vouchers and she has finally had enough.
    A Lannister always Power Jew's his debts.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitting Out View Post

this is the pic that the gold coast is showing for the bathroom. Someplace I read that they have recently remodeled it. But like you mentioned, we ain't going to be in the room that much.Name:  coastbr.image.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  121.6 KB

That does look a lot better than last time I stayed there

Thread Information