Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: *** Chinamaniac Poker Blog Thread - First Blog of 2013

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** Chinamaniac Poker Blog Thread - First Blog of 2013

Seems like forever since I have written a blog containing poker so here goes. I will also bump this thread with new blogs when I write them etc.

I have been getting some PMS/IMS from people checking to see if I am selling any LHE shares for WSOP or running any cash game stakes in the future and the answer is no. While I would have loved to play some LHE events the only way it would have worked is if I was living in vegas or if I rented a place in Vegas for the month (which I may do next year) but the LHE events are spread too far apart and considering I am playing the Main Event I don't want to make 2 trips or be in Vegas for TOO long before the main event.

First plans were to sell off the $5000 LHE and the $2500 6 max LHE and come to town for that period but after sitting around and thinking about it and talking with my backer we decided the Main Event had MUCH MUCH more value. I think I am a +ev in the LHE fields but the prize pools are not huge. I made 2 deep runs 2 of the last 3 years finishing like 12th and 13th in LHE fields and the payout was like 11k and 14k or something like that. The Main event has so much more dead money and there is a ton of value for any player who has played a lot of MTTS or any player who is a winning cash player IMO. I play limit hold em for a living and I know when to lay on the gas and I can hand read pretty well and know when to lay off the gas and a lot of that translates over to NLHE. Sure it isn't the same exact science but a lot of skills can translate over in certain instances.

So anyhow on the cash game stakes I hope to be done with them forever. I had a lot of ups and downs from Black Friday until about this past September and most of it wasn't due to losing in games. A lot of it was me slacking in volume and spending money at a much faster rate than I was earning it. And then when I was hopping in some bigger games and losing it nearly crippled me a few times. Looking back I was pretty irresponsible from Black Friday until September of 2011 and it cost me a lot. I went over a lot of this on podcast I ran here which can be found here in the link below if anyone is interested. Podcast ran about 4 hrs or so and I went over a lot of stuff. I got a lot of positive responses from people who listened and applied a lot of the stuff I talked about and since the response was pretty good I will prob run another one of these at some point.

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...-It-03-04-2013

So around mid December I finally got back to playing on my own again and I have been doing well since then. I don't know the exact numbers but leading up to me departing the stake I was running I was on like a $50,000 upswing in about 4 or 5 months of play which led to the decision of me to go back on my own. Since I have been on my own I have been in the zone and I am crushing the games harder than I ever have and I am up close to $60,000 this year playing cash games. So over the past 9 months or so I am up over $100,000 which is pretty good considering I live in the US and I am mainly play limit hold em.

Most of the action has been @ LHE but it is drying up a bit and I am always in search of new games so one day I decided to mess around with $50 HYPER HU NL sngos and I won like my first 8 and I was hooked. I quickly moved on to the $100 level and I started crushing those too. I was taking on mostly regs since I am an unknown in these and I was beating most of them and the majority of them don't come back to play me which led me to believe I am probably playing optimal or somewhat optimal. I def have a lot of improving to do in these but more or less I think i have them somewhat figured out. My end game needs a little work but outside of that I think i am playing pretty well. So I decided when I hit $2,000 in profit I would take shots @ the $200 level and I have broken about even there over a tiny sample but I was still beating the $100s and I hit about $3,500 in profit over 200 matches before a recent $1300 downswing. Here is what the graph looked like a few days ago.

Anyhow I am sitting @ about $2200 in profit right now and feel really comfortable playing these. A lot of the stuff is VERY VERY similar to LHE in the early stages of these but that obv changes as the blinds go up. I am going to tinker with these and aggressively take shots @ higher levels if I keep winning. I only have a 200 match sample which is tiny but just from how I have been playing I feel confident to keep trying to pound these.

So i ahd a diet thread here and I have more or less abandoned it but will give an update. Last I weighed in which was a couple weeks back I was -24 lbs from my start and I don't think I have moved much from there either way. My goal was -50 lbs by wsop which doesn't look to good now but we will see what happens over the next 3 weeks. I have been juicing here and there and I am back to a low carb high protein diet and I am extremely motivated to take off more weight right now for a couple of reasons.

For one I should be extremely motivated to just lose weight period but that's not how the human mind works for everyone. For me I get wrapped up in doing other things and I just lose focus on what should be my # 1 priority which is fitness and weight loss. But about 6 weeks or so back I started back up in a 3 on 3 mens hoop league and my body has responded pretty well so far but I know for me to keep playing at a somewhat high level I am going to have to keep shedding weight. For a guy my size basketball can take a huge toll on the body and after games it is a MUST that I stretch. But 2 weeks ago I did not. I came home and just sat at my desk and started to play poker. All of a sudden I felt a pinch in my lower back then it went further down to my thigh and to my knee and I knew exactly what it was.

It was a sciatic nerve that first acted up in 2009 and when it came about then it happened when I woke up. I woke and I could not get out of bed. I had no idea what it was. After going to the doc sometime after that I got a cortisone injection and it felt like nothing had ever happened. Then it was fine for 2 years until around May 2011 it happened again. I got another cortisone injection. It has been fine since but it is back in the same spot. I only feel pain maybe 3-4 times per week but I am going to try and get another injection before I leave for LV.

Other than that everything has been great. I am looking forward to getting out to vegas for the main event and I hope I have a nice run. The way the year has been going I am hoping my cash results and focus snowball to the main and I can make a deep run!

Comments

smithbk: thx for sharing

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Which network have you been playing those hyper hu's on? I play some on ACR along with the turbos and play a lot of reg and turbo speed hu sngs on Bovada.

Load Metric
    advice on hypers?

Banned
    Load Metric
    I have also played 150 HUSNGs and felt like a God. Turns out I wasn't. =/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Which network have you been playing those hyper hu's on? I play some on ACR along with the turbos and play a lot of reg and turbo speed hu sngs on Bovada.
    Playing on multiple networks

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    advice on hypers?
    DONT TILT!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Ton of variance with them but with proper strategies they can be very profitable. The thing is a lot of randoms will sit as they see it as quick way to either win or lose their money without realizing their actually is some strategies that can be used.

Some guy I was playing a HU sng on Bovada the other day says "I can't believe how tough these are on this site everyone is a pro" and I'm thinking to myself no not really but if your always sitting second then your competition is going to be much tougher then sitting first.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Ton of variance with them but with proper strategies they can be very profitable. The thing is a lot of randoms will sit as they see it as quick way to either win or lose their money without realizing their actually is some strategies that can be used.

Some guy I was playing a HU sng on Bovada the other day says "I can't believe how tough these are on this site everyone is a pro" and I'm thinking to myself no not really but if your always sitting second then your competition is going to be much tougher then sitting first.
    Ya property strategy is key and can def vary especially vs randoms. Sites with the rematch button are clutch too!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    advice on hypers?
    Know the Math or don't play. Bots will destroy you.

Comments

4BET: You know no math
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The important thing is to always be cashing out the profits and rub it on your titties obv.

Load Metric
    I hate to burst your bubble, but your not even close to a sample size that would tell you absolutely anything. I used to play more then 150 of these a day. Your definitely neg ev in those games. There mathmatically solved. Your better off playing the lower stakes where you can find some fish to play. Let me know your roi when you have 5k in the books.

Comments

Deal: bang on

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble, but your not even close to a sample size that would tell you absolutely anything. I used to play more then 150 of these a day. Your definitely neg ev in those games. There mathmatically solved. Your better off playing the lower stakes where you can find some fish to play. Let me know your roi when you have 5k in the books.
    Your not "bursting my bubble". I already mentioned the sample size was tiny.

That said I am about 99 % sure I can beat these things , 80 % of regs decline rematches and a lot of fish hit the rematch button. Some regs may have "solved them" but I know the fish have not

Banned
    Load Metric

haters gonna hate

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Expensive day

I woke up today and saw some soft games running online but I had to deal with a fridge that was shitting the bed so I passed on the poker. I went to Walmart and picked up a cooler to preserve a few things and tried to clean the fridge and see if I could give it a kickstart but that didn't work. So I bit the bullet and went out and bought a new fridge which was cool cause I think this is probably the most expensive thing I have ever purchased outside of a car.

Anyhow I get home and I watched season 1 episode one of Game of Thrones. First episode started off pretty slow but I can see how this series can get very good. Original plan was to order HBO and watch them all on demand but they only had season 2 and 3. I then heard about the HBO GO app where u can watch anything on any device and it had all of the episodes so I added HBO for 10 bucks a month. The HBO GO app is sick because u can stream any HBO series ever made and a lot of other stuff they don't have on demand. So now I can stream anything through my Iphone to my Apple TV device which is pretty cool.

Anyhow with all of this running around I had some stuff around the house I had to do but I fired up my computer to check my fantasy baseball stats (1st place obv ) and see a total fish SITTING waiting for HU @ a 10-20 HU action. I am a creature of habit and just about any little things I need to get done I always get them done before playing but this was too good to pass up. I said to myself before I sat it "this guy is going to destroy me".

He has like $300 in front of him and I bought in for $1000. He goes up $300 right away and I come back and get him all in. He wins and then he runs his stack up to $2,000 and I take a break to do a few things and get my head clear and we are supposed to meet back @ HU in 15 mins. I come back and he is playing 4 handed so I just joined that and played and now I am stuck a total of $3200 for the session. Losing the money is fine and part of the territory but if I lose this last 500 or so I have on this site I will have to cancel a $5,000 pending cashout and I HATe cancelling cashouts this size because I don't need all of the $5,000 to keep playing but just another part of the game.

Anyhow I will prob be updating this thing more often in the coming days and coming weeks and possibly next time I blog I will posting the pic of a tattoo I am considering getting but will only post if I get it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That min bet poker is brutal but it seems your probably not keeping enough on a site to play the stakes you want to. I don't blame you wanting to get money off being American but at the same time it sucks because it's not that easy like it once was to get the money on either. Keep grinding!

I was playing some limit omaha hi/lo earlier and ran up hard then was getting coolered heavy in pots losing most of what I won but it's still at least to me not as swinging of a game as limit holdem can be.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That min bet poker is brutal but it seems your probably not keeping enough on a site to play the stakes you want to. I don't blame you wanting to get money off being American but at the same time it sucks because it's not that easy like it once was to get the money on either. Keep grinding!

I was playing some limit omaha hi/lo earlier and ran up hard then was getting coolered heavy in pots losing most of what I won but it's still at least to me not as swinging of a game as limit holdem can be.
    I try to keep 2500 max on any site and as soon as I can get a max cashout I cash it out

ya this guy was crazy I played earlier and I have played him before and he has been getting the btter of me. He 3 bets or caps preflop every street, he alwatys sees the turn no matter what happens. he calls with like 54 on kq7 and will peel off any turn gutter no matter the odds. he cracked 4 pairs of JJ KK AA AA in less than 100 hands vs me and hit some other brutal hands. It will catch up to him soon hopefully

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    I try to keep 2500 max on any site and as soon as I can get a max cashout I cash it out

ya this guy was crazy I played earlier and I have played him before and he has been getting the btter of me. He 3 bets or caps preflop every street, he alwatys sees the turn no matter what happens. he calls with like 54 on kq7 and will peel off any turn gutter no matter the odds. he cracked 4 pairs of JJ KK AA AA in less than 100 hands vs me and hit some other brutal hands. It will catch up to him soon hopefully
    That's only 125bbs so I'd imagine you run it down sometimes playing $10/20. If I was you with your skill level at HU LHE I'd try to play that guy everyday since their is no way he can sustain winning that much by playing that way relying on a lot of luck boxing if you have premium starting hands. He might bust you up again if he runs like GOD but if you can play him a bunch more you will be printing those Benny's.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

That's only 125bbs so I'd imagine you run it down sometimes playing $10/20. If I was you with your skill level at HU LHE I'd try to play that guy everyday since their is no way he can sustain winning that much by playing that way relying on a lot of luck boxing if you have premium starting hands. He might bust you up again if he runs like GOD but if you can play him a bunch more you will be printing those Benny's.
    Very RARELY do I run it down this far. Fortunately I haven't made 1 single deposit on a poker site in 2013.

Ya I would play this guy 24-7 but sometimes he likes 6 max but the edge is good there too.

It is impossible for him to beat me long term unless he adjusts and I am confident he wont. he is a consistent 9 BB loser per 100

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    no sweat, 100 BB Upper

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I knew once that fucking fridge shit the bed things would get more fucked up. Anyhow I have been running terrible more or less for 2 or 3 weeks. Anyhow I think last I left off I cancelled a 5k wire. I ran it up a bit and then I got smoked back down to about 1500 earlier but ended the day with $3900 of that so still in decent shape.

I knew once Shadyj posted about the hypers something bad was going to happen. I haven't played many of them since last week because I have had action elsewhere but I have lost 10 in a row since then!!! But they have still been decently profitable overall. I have been getting in good a lot of the time and I am just getting rammed up the ass on the flop and then the race is over. LHE has been a nightmare as well. I have been getting creamed by some shitty players and have basically been treading water but losing all the while but the more I play the btter because I seem to always outrun the variance. The 6 max has been standard getting cold decked and just running bad vs some maniacs but the HU has been shitty too. Playing pretty good and just not getting ahead but all that will change soon.

Got 2 fridges running now. The new one is sick and I am getting the icemaker hooked up tomorrow and the older one is running fairly well too. getting my first tattoo Thursday so I am excited about that. Only 10 or so more days and I will be on my way back to the desert.

-c

Thread Information