Thread: JohnnyBax is a lucksack

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

JohnnyBax is a lucksack

Bax won the $3k Triple Shootout event but yesterday he was down to just one big blind HU and came back to win his table to get into the final table today which he took down.

:sicklife

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Bax won the $3k Triple Shootout event but yesterday he was down to just one big blind HU and came back to win his table to get into the final table today which he took down.

:sicklife
    Now there's some run-good. HU with 1 BB, he must have been out-chipped 50-1. Either that or the blinds got ridiculously high & his opponent only had 4 himself where it becomes a luckfest.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    OP in your opinion what % of poker is luck and what % is skill

Load Metric
    JohnnyBax is a boss. Was the OG of online MTTs, was rooting for Zugwat but was happy to see him win.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    OP in your opinion what % of poker is luck and what % is skill
    That question is impossible to answer as skill >>> luck for long term but for any individual tournament you could be even a below average player and run so great sucking out frequently or just being hit hard by the deck that allows you to win it.

The individual tournament someone wins with a whole lot of luck could be a huge one earning them millions. Jerry Yang and Jamie Gold are not that great imo but these one hit wonders won a lot of money winning the main event yet found ways to spew it all off a few years later. Darvin Moon got second in the main event and I bet that guy couldn't beat a typical home game sng/mtt regularly and maybe not even $1/$2 live.

JohnnyBax is a solid player which this format really caters to his ability but to come back from 1bb which was reported for the second day but Bax said was the first is definitely being a lucksack. The hand he won on at the end he dodged a whole lot of outs twice but that was just one of many hands where Bax got hit with the deck.

It's extremely difficult to win any MTT without catching a few hands where you probably were behind but with good skills means you will be able to put yourself in the position regularly to win them.

As for cash games of course some luck matters but overall your ability to hand read, size bets properly, and have other various weapons in your game are extremely important skill sets that allow you to win over the long haul.

The most important thing in poker to succeed over time is proper bankroll management. It's better to be overly rolled for a game then be under rolled. The reason many players go broke frequently is playing games too high for their bankroll and many don't ever move down so they go bust. I've busted accounts a few times throughout the years playing higher then I should and I have nobody to blame but myself. Once you get that under control if your able to beat the games your playing then you can withstand the swings.

Thread Information