Thread: Health Hazard at the Planet Hollywood Poker Room

Load Metric

Health Hazard at the Planet Hollywood Poker Room

During a trip this past August. I stayed at the Planet Hollywood. My original plan was to play the 1:00 Aria tournament. Unfortunately I arrived late and was told that there would be no more alternates. Being that my room was not ready I decided to play some 1-2 NL at Planet Hollywood to kill some time. The game was pretty uneventful and I decided to go ahead and check in.
    Check in was no problem. Got into my room took a shower and headed over to the Venetian to play in their night tourney. While I was walking to my room I noticed a weird and sharp pain in my arm. The pain bothered me for the duration of the trip. When I returned I noticed that I had a pretty nasty infection on my arm. Turns out I had a staph infection that was caused by a very small piece of glass. I am certain at one point that a beer bottle broke on the table and the staff at the PH did a lousy job in cleaning the table. From this I had to pay $800 for an ER visit, perscriptions and every other day visits to the urgent care center. From this I refuse to step in nor will spend any money at Caesars/Harrahs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You're probably right about the source of the infection and how it occurred.

Obviously it's up to you, but I wouldn't boycott Caesars/Harrah's over this. I mean, they're well known for being incompetent with operations, and only survive thanks to their marketing genius.

But this looks like it was the fault of some idiot minimum wage employee rather than a systematic problem where they're intentionally cleaning glass breakages poorly.

I admit that you'd have a very hard time getting them to cover your ER bill or anything else related to the infection, because it's a very difficult thing to prove.

I actually had an injury at the Rio that I never bothered reporting or doing anything about. It occurred during the evening I was broadcasting the 2009 WSOP 10k Limit Hold 'Em final table. I was walking out of the Men's room, and one of the janitors opened the door really quickly from the other side, and the handle slammed into my hand. I got a big gash on my hand that bled for 45-60 minutes. I actually did the broadcast while bleeding (well, applying pressure and trying to stop the bleeding.)

I could have made a claim to the Rio about this and claimed that the janitor opened the door too fast (which he did), but it was just a human mistake and an accident, and I didn't want him losing his job over it, even if I could have squeezed some $ out of Harrah's. I just let it go, even though it was a pretty damn big and deep cut.

Thread Information