Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phil Ivey didn't bag his own chips at the end of Day 1 of the $1500 Limit Holdem WSOP event

Gold
    Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    ivey is a piece of shit, idk why people like this fucker
    He's the tiger woods of poker, black and an asshole.

Load Metric
    ha yeah he is a dickhead for sure.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    ivey is a piece of shit, idk why people like this fucker
    Why do people like Tiger Woods? Lebron James? Colin Kaepernik?

Because they're black. jk

When you're that good you're bound to have haters. Alpha male, major ego.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I barely know Ivey. I've probably said about 2 words to him lifetime, and I'm pretty sure he couldn't identify me even if someone put a gun to his head and said they'd shoot him unless he told them my name.

Still, I have to echo the sentiments here that he is extremely arrogant and self-absorbed.

I have heard numerous stories about Ivey over the years that support this. He isn't shady or a bad person. I believe that he truly didn't know what was going on at Full Tilt. (Again, much of that came from living his life in a bubble and basically ignoring the happenings at a business where he had a large interest.) But he definitely walks around with an air of supreme arrogance and the belief that he is above everyone else -- other poker players, poker employees, poker media, etc.

Obviously he is one of the best poker players of all time, but I think he is one person who has definitely let the fame get to his head.

Interestingly, Hellmuth, who is also self-absorbed and arrogant, is at least more accessible and more interactive with the general public. I don't know if Hellmuth bags his own chips, but I bet he does. I remember in 2010, a year after I confronted Hellmuth at the TV table about UB, he approached me in the WSOP Pavilion room and asked if I hated him. He said to me, "I understand why you hate UB, but I hope you don't hate me." It was a surreal moment, but could you ever see Ivey doing something like this? Absolutely never.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I barely know Ivey. I've probably said about 2 words to him lifetime, and I'm pretty sure he couldn't identify me even if someone put a gun to his head and said they'd shoot him unless he told them my name.

Still, I have to echo the sentiments here that he is extremely arrogant and self-absorbed.

I have heard numerous stories about Ivey over the years that support this. He isn't shady or a bad person. I believe that he truly didn't know what was going on at Full Tilt. (Again, much of that came from living his life in a bubble and basically ignoring the happenings at a business where he had a large interest.) But he definitely walks around with an air of supreme arrogance and the belief that he is above everyone else -- other poker players, poker employees, poker media, etc.

Obviously he is one of the best poker players of all time, but I think he is one person who has definitely let the fame get to his head.

Interestingly, Hellmuth, who is also self-absorbed and arrogant, is at least more accessible and more interactive with the general public. I don't know if Hellmuth bags his own chips, but I bet he does. I remember in 2010, a year after I confronted Hellmuth at the TV table about UB, he approached me in the WSOP Pavilion room and asked if I hated him. He said to me, "I understand why you hate UB, but I hope you don't hate me." It was a surreal moment, but could you ever see Ivey doing something like this? Absolutely never.
    I heard hellmuth was moved to the front of the line of a 7 star or diamond line to register for an event the other day and was able to cut 15 people

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    @AsianSpa got a response out of Jack Effel, the WSOP tournament director.

Quote Originally Posted by @AsianSpa
    Truth Speaker @AsianSpa
    @wsop @WSOPTD @wsopprguy can u tell me why Phil Ivey doesn't have to bag his own chips?
    Quote Originally Posted by @WSOPTD
    Jack Effel @WSOPTD
    #superhero service @AsianSpa

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I heard hellmuth was moved to the front of the line of a 7 star or diamond line to register for an event the other day and was able to cut 15 people
    Oh, I totally believe that. There is supreme favortism at the WSOP for A-list pros, and that obviously includes Hellmuth.

That's why they forced me to stop talking about UB when I was at the TV table with him in 2009.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Phil is sort of keep to himself kind of guy who has earned his respect in poker from his game alone and with zero assistance from his blandish personality.

That is why I was super surprised Phil Ivey started up IveyPoker.com which they say he's filmed several training videos already that will be available whenever they launch it which might be after the summer or in 2025 for all any of us know.

Ivey is very bland from everything I've seen if he wasn't such a huge winner I'm not sure he has all the friends he does have in poker. Many seem to just love the guy because they want to be on the good side of a guy whose considered the best poker player in the world so they blow him hard.

Load Metric
    Life of Ivey

Load Metric
    I haven't really kept up on IveyPoker. I know I played with one of their "pros" during the wsopc Palm Beach, but I'm sure if Ivey made training videos, they'd probably be awful
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Ivey probably tips those guys pretty good, but there could be more to it.

The favoritism at the WSOP is off the charts, but there could be more to the story. Maybe Ivey pre-tips or maybe he tips so big when he wins he can do whatever he wants.

i am pretty sure there is more than the diva component going on here.

Load Metric
    Was sweating my friend in the $2500 6 max today, Ivey walked in to late reg. Immediately after they broke my friends table and I got up to follow him and see where his next table was. As I was walking out, I passed by Ivey's table, he was already allin, it had to be his first or second hand. He still looked like he didn't have a care in the world.

Ivey is god.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    I haven't really kept up on IveyPoker. I know I played with one of their "pros" during the wsopc Palm Beach, but I'm sure if Ivey made training videos, they'd probably be awful
    Probably, but I'd be interested to watch just for lolz if the site was cheap enough.

The thing is Ivey got a lot of good advice when he was coming up as the players in the "big game" at he time felt he had talent and wanted to keep him around since they needed regular players from stuff I've heard. Ivey never really has given any strategy out from what I've seen so for that reason alone I'd like to see what he has to say.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    I've always thought he was a bit douchey. Never got on the Ivey band-wagon.

Me either...

Thread Information