Thread: William Thorson

Bronze
    Load Metric

William Thorson

According to a new Swedish poker podcast, William, a former pokerstars pro for years have become a Muslim and donated all his poker winnings to Muslim charity. His father have confirmed this.

Seems pokerstars is brainwashing their pros. William a Muslim and Daniel joined a cult

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=29286

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Over $3.3 million in live cashes alone and who knows what online. It's hard to say what percent he had of himself all the time, what he spent over the years, if he had cash game profits, and how much he put into buyins but this is strange considering he was a regular on the circuit for seven years.

One day he might wake up and be like WTF was I doing giving away my money I worked so hard.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    William was one of the first people I played against on Pokerstars when I joined in 2003. He was there so early that he got the screen name "William" without any trouble.

I know that he did not exactly engage in tight bankroll management, and I know he played a lot of big games on Prima and elsewhere.

It's very possible that he had very little money, and he really didn't donate all that much.

With that said, if I see him on my next flight, I think I'm going to get off the plane.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

With that said, if I see him on my next flight, I think I'm going to get off the plane.

Thread Information