Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I drive the same car as billionaire Larry Page

Load Metric

I drive the same car as billionaire Larry Page

He actually has several cars, but the one he drives to work every day is his Nissan Leaf.

It's 100% electric with no gas engine. You get 95 miles of range from a 3 hour charge. I love the single speed transmission with no stutters for gear changes like a normal car. But my favorite feature is the ability to turn on the air conditioning from an app on my phone, so I never have to get into a hot car. The lease is only $300/month and I save about $100 in gas per month. The same 1000 miles with the Leaf requires $10 worth of electricity. The maintenance schedule is ridiculous. Every two years you have to replace the brake fluid and cabin air filter. That's it.

Starting the car.

You get some noise from wind and the tires, but it's an extremely quiet car.

Load Metric
    What is the lifetime of the battery pod and how much is it to replace them?

What does it cost for tow insurance for those times you are stuck in traffic and can't find a pole to plugin to in time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    I read that electric car struggle when it is very hot out side. Have they solved this issue? Cool looking car.

Comments

1marley1: .
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    On the opposite side of the spectrum i just got this a week ago:

Name:  gas.jpg
Views: 1515
Size:  128.4 KB

Plates filed under "PFA SFO"

0-60 3.8 secs
    550 HP
    10 MPG

I get the whole thing about saving the environment. Driving a fast car is a shitload of fun and it would be hard for me to give that up

Quite frankly I think there is a much higher chance of religious people destroying the planet MUCH sooner than anything man is creating that harms the environment. Like Hawkins has said, our only chance is to get to other planets and hedge our bets.

Comments

BUBBLES: pfa's #1 baller

WillieMcFML: ^^This. Murked out Caddy, cmoney is GOD.

Cat Out Of The Bag: Better looking than B's faggot mobile

big dick: i paln on getting a caddy my next car. nice car cmoney

badguy23: Cmoney= A P.I.M.P.

PLOL: SFO

michael: dayummmmm
    Last edited by cmoney; 06-01-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Load Metric
    Dirtyb what's the total price? 300/month but did you put 5000 down or how many months ?

Comments

DRK Star: when you wipe your ass with twenty dollar bills, does it really matter?.....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

0-60 3.8 secs
    550 HP
    10 MPG

I get the whole thing about saving the environment. Driving a fast car is a shitload of fun and it would be hard for me to give that up
    That is a sexy car!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    What is the lifetime of the battery pod and how much is it to replace them?

What does it cost for tow insurance for those times you are stuck in traffic and can't find a pole to plugin to in time?
    I believe the warranty on the battery is that if it holds less than 70% of the original charge in 10 years, they will replace it. The battery pack is really expensive, like $10k+.

Electric cars don't work like gas cars. If you're stuck in traffic, you're not using power from the battery. The car will actually get more range in traffic and city driving, than on the highway where you have 70mph of air resistance.

Las Vegas isn't that big of a town. 95 miles will get you anywhere you want to be and back home. If I need to drive a ton of miles in one day, I can use the Mazda CX-5.
    Last edited by DirtyB; 06-01-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    I read that electric car struggle when it is very hot out side. Have they solved this issue? Cool looking car.
    Very cold and very hot temperatures cause different problems with all batteries, but when your car runs on the battery, they become a bigger deal.

Cold temps make batteries less able to discharge current. That's why regular cars have trouble starting when it's really cold. That would make an electric car very sluggish, so I believe all EVs have battery heating systems.

High temperatures cause all chemical batteries to slowly lose their ability to hold a charge. Tesla puts battery cooling systems in their cars, but they cost $65k and $105k. To keep the price under the Volt's, the Leaf doesn't have a battery cooling system. That's the biggest reason I'm leasing this car, because I don't know what the Las Vegas heat is going to do to the battery. Also, there should be better EVs available in 3 years.

It's an odd looking car, but I like it. Every design decision was based on what had less drag. And as a result, it is the most aerodynamic car on the road. Those big bug eye headlights cause almost no air to hit the side mirrors at highway speeds.
    Last edited by DirtyB; 06-01-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Dirtyb what's the total price? 300/month but did you put 5000 down or how many months ?
    The sticker on the SV model is a bit over $34k. There's an SL for $36k, but most of the added options are not that great.

I gave them an old Honda Civic in lieu of a $2k down payment.

Load Metric

0-60 3.8 secs
    550 HP
    10 MPG

Quite frankly I think there is a much higher chance of religious people destroying the planet MUCH sooner than anything man is creating that harms the environment. Like Hawkins has said, our only chance is to get to other planets and hedge our bets.
    I'm not a big fan of Cadillac's squared off, angular styling, but the CTS-V is an awesome car. A guy in my office loves his and Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear absolutely adored the one he drove. I like how GM went to the Nurburgring and broke the M5's lap record just to piss off BMW. The M5 was redesigned from the ground up to take that record back.

Honestly, my 10 year long desire to own an electric car is more complex than "saving the environment". Driving gas powered cars is just not sustainable over the next 50-100 years, and the sooner we start that transition, the less bad it's going to be. The global economy is now completely dependent on the price of oil, which is a remarkably bad idea. Gas engines are the main cause of that.

Gas engines are great because literally all you need to generate more power is to burn more gas. But electric motors have a very cool advantage- they have a flat torque curve. You have access to 100% of the torque at all RPMs. It makes electric motors that are relatively small feel powerful and fun to drive.

Electric cars also give designers the freedom to do things not constrained by the typical engine, transmission, drivetrain setup. Porsche has a cool EV concept car with independent motors in all 4 wheels. The handling could be amazing.

The McLaren P1 is going to be astonishing. It's using a system related to the new KERS system in F1 cars. It has a 727 hp gas motor, as well as a 176 hp electric motor. If you press a button, the electric power is added on top of the gas engine's power.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    is that a Leaf? yes those cars are very quiet as I drove one several years ago. in fact you have to be careful not to try to start it when it's running.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post
    is that a Leaf? yes those cars are very quiet as I drove one several years ago. in fact you have to be careful not to try to start it when it's running.
    You're thinking of a different car, because the Leaf has barely been out for a year. An electric car doesn't have a stater motor to grind. You turn it on when you first sit down, and you turn it off before you exit.

Comments

wrenchjockey: Pay no attention to Sonny, he's been confused/obsolete ever since they invented fuel injection.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

550 HP
    10 MPG
    cadillac has created a car that's less expensive, faster and burns more gas than a ferrari.

i was wondering where the current caddy market is when a saw their station wagon w/ the same specs.....the caddy went from being american opulence, to the italian mob, to the now current drug dealer/ghetto brand car.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    He actually has several cars, but the one he drives to work every day is his Nissan Leaf.

It's 100% electric with no gas engine. You get 95 miles of range from a 3 hour charge. I love the single speed transmission with no stutters for gear changes like a normal car. But my favorite feature is the ability to turn on the air conditioning from an app on my phone, so I never have to get into a hot car. The lease is only $300/month and I save about $100 in gas per month. The same 1000 miles with the Leaf requires $10 worth of electricity. The maintenance schedule is ridiculous. Every two years you have to replace the brake fluid and cabin air filter. That's it.
    That is the fucking ugliest car I have ever seen. Fuck you and fuck your foreign car.

Comments

BetCheckBet: tough but fair

LLL: Tennessee in your gook face

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

That is the fucking ugliest car I have ever seen. Fuck you and fuck your foreign car.

you know you want to suck his hermes leaf dick.

Platinum
    Load Metric

0-60 3.8 secs
    550 HP
    10 MPG

This is ballin.

My old 2007 CTS had that same grill, don't see it very often. I recently traded it in for a 2013 ATS. Has the same enigine as my old CTS but the car is a bit smaller so it seems zippier. Obviously can't compete with the "V" though.

Load Metric

Starting the car.

You get some noise from wind and the tires, but it's an extremely quiet car.

Congrats on paying $300/month for a luxury golf cart.

Comments

Deal: a golf cart banned on golf courses even

Load Metric
    The car and the battery are manufactured in Tennessee.

Comments

LLL: Pow!

Load Metric

All the money ends up with the japs.

Load Metric

All the money ends up with the japs.

good to still see people tryen to plug the leeks.

Comments

1marley1: .
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Thread Information