Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BET RAISE FOLD official release day.

Load Metric

BET RAISE FOLD official release day.

June 30th 2013 the public can finally see the much anticipated best poker documentary of all time created by legends of the poker boom era. This was something like 3-4 years in the making.

They made a kickstarter page...I may donate early just to get my name in the ending credits.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oker-moving-al

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    : obv fraud alert

anything w/ that cunt selbst is sure to fail.

i really think pfa should psychoanalyze tony dunst and him wearing his gay suits, acting as if he's important as well.

Comments

thesidedish: Selbst confirmed human cesspool

Load Metric
    In the mean time here are the two best poker documentaries. 2 diff life styles.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Never thought I would see this on kickstarter, Hasn't Krantz won a shitload playing online poker and Caby as well? Caby is founder of Draft Day and Cardrunners if I am not mistaken?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Never thought I would see this on kickstarter, Hasn't Krantz won a shitload playing online poker and Caby as well? Caby is founder of Draft Day and Cardrunners if I am not mistaken?
    It appears this is how they are selling the product since it's already done and none of these guys are hurting. They probably are hoping to get people to back one of the bigger packages to supplement their income.

After kickstarter they will probably continue to sell it on their website I'd assume.

Load Metric
    Yeah they already finished the movie.

This kickstarter seems more like a shakedown of poker players then anything else. I'll buy a $10 copy or whatever when it's released in June but definitely not trying to give these guys more $.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Gold
    Load Metric
    Only made it through 1:30 in that^^ 2 things stood out to me

Caby has a back eye with cover up
    And
    I wasn't expecting a kristy arnett to be a gook

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I watched this earlier.

Overall, the movie is decent for what it's worth. It's impossible to cover so much in a 100 minute film but they show the lives of three different players online and the most interesting are Danielle "dmoongirl" Andersen and Tony Dunst. I could nitpick here or there but like I said it's decent for what it's worth.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    eH ILL PASTE MY REIEW FROM 2+2

sorry if I am harsh or not harsh enough

Review

I am going to be tough but fair as I grade this film because I have seen it all. I don't know if anyone can walk in my boots. Some could , most can't , but I'm going to shoot from the hip.

1. The guy living in Canada from Australia

He moved to Canada or whatever early in the movie. I know he said he took semesters off but why the **** did he end up in Canada as of when this ****ing movie was released. Like why did he just get to Canada and never go home. No family> Besides when u mentioned when he explained to his brother he was taking semester off or whatever. Why Canada wasd the place he ended up?

THIS GUY WAS THE ONLY guy that deserved a full feature in the film. He jumped in and seemed to play for while and maybe still does )if his band **** didn't work out)

2. Tony "****ing" Dunst

This is the best guy you guys could spotlight for this role? Now I give Dunst credit for getting on the WPT and if Black Friday didn't happen this was like hitting the Mega Millions for this guy IMO. Maybe I am wrong but I have never seen "Hi I am known as "Bond18 Online" do anything over the past 10 years.

Now I will be the first to admit I don't know Dunst "Online Poker" credentials. And maybe he has some but he can't be that ****ing good cause before Norman Chad was sucking his **** a few years back and after I have never heard of him doing ****.

I am not a NL player either but as a PRO player and others I have talked to we have no ****ing clue how Tony got where he is. In fact personally I was rooting for the WPT to fire him for ****ing up such an easy job.

This guy openly admitted it was hard to break "hard habits". Dunst I don't know what hard habits you have but you came off as the ultimate slacker. Granted you can talk, your good looking but for me as an Online Pro who cuts me teeth pretty much every day I wake up I look at You and almost hope the WPT gets cancelled so you can go and try and play poker for a living in the current climate which I would be willing to bet/guess you COULD NOT BEAT.

I personally judge cash players by their cash play and longevity. I don't know if u play these currently but I sure know u have been getting smoked all summer in MTTS. I respect you for your updates etc. every time u get smoked but every time it is I jammed this that and the other thing and lost. But just from memory you are 60-40 dog at best in most of these updates and I won't judge you buy them. If you play cash still and beat cash then I will be the first guy to stand up and say you are a champion.

But my read is you hopped on your boys coattails. You are good looking and got on WPT so you got picked for this film. I don't think you could beat online now. You may have been able to when party was spreading games. But right now you got where u are based on your looks and your talk. Which is fine, I don't even watch the WPT but when I saw one of your segs for the first time I said this is the best thing that has beeen ever on the WPT

Nothing against you but if u weren't good looking you would just be another guy. MAYBE your ambition would make up for being just another guy but IMO the only reason you have that ambition is because u have looks and can talk. SO you caught a break maybe? But one day you will be out of that ****ing pool house and will have to get back in the ocatagon. U will get crushed too.

I know this because as a pro online player myself and with many I know you don't stand a chance.

2 reasons

1. Your skill is lacking

2. If you ever have to play and "grind again" You will quit. You just don't have it.

Be thankfull for being in the right place at the right time

3. The girl

For the producers/ Filmakers?

What ****ing levels did she start at?

As a viewer I still don't know if she was an MTT player or SNGO or Cash Player? You never sai

she just started low

her story was great

kid, husband, town etc but what the **** did dhe play?

Her chasing sponsorship is great

shes fit, seems somewhat intelligent, but she is semi delusional in some ways but not others

Full Tilt was prob close tp signing her

BUT they also got off on giving her just a "rakeback" deal. Oh and for the chick in the movie. How much did they give u?

You were never a ****ing FTP PRO so they just gave u extra which is great. HOW MUCH?

That's it. I thought it was kinda funny watching her chase sponsors but as I was watching I thought, she looks young, good shape but who the **** is she? Maybe NL guys can chime in but I have no ****ing clue who she was

So all in all

fILM ON 1-4 I give it a 2.5

Canada dude was a ****ing boss

I dont think he will play poker long term, if he does he will get smoked

Girl? Why the **** does she travel to play live? **** play online like any sane "Online" poker player would

Dunst- Good luck I hope wpt goes forever so u can get by by being a good looking blonde kid. ON the other hand I hope they go bankrupt and I hope chewy sells his vegas place and I HOPE you are forced back into the ring cause I just don't think u can win

Tony I am not being harsh on you but since 2009 I have fought, scratched, clawed my way through limit hold em. I started HU, I took on anyone. The best wouldn't play me. The best that did play me got their throats ripped apart. Black Friday didn't stop me. I aggressively pursued a game that was dying in every conceivable way and still to the second there is not 1 man who squares up with me on a daily basis that can say he can't do it. I can't say for sure you can't but I hope before u get some inherithance u are forced to fight to live. I pray the WPT goes broke cause to me u are just a pompous dude who caught a break cause your good looking blonde and articulate

BUT

If krants and caby wanted to tell the story of online poker I don't think they would have chose you.

If anything Taylor, Why not pick yourself? You are a good lucking guy, smart, but your story isn't still involved with poker. You beat the soft games. Got rich off a training site and don't play anymore and prob would have a har time beating 2-5 live or 2-4 online

Krantz, saw you make a statement to someone saying "I cut my teeth" against better guys than you will ever play or something like that.

Oh really? So that's why you don't play now?

Truth is you and Taylor were smart. Made money in poker started your training site and got out tat the right time. You invested in a half as movie and maybe made your money back or a little extra but facts are it is good your guys got this story out. Should have put yourselves in the movie cause after all "You guys wanted to tell this story so bad"

YET NEITHER OF U ARE IN THE MOVIE!

Staarted Cardrunners and destroyed games for the true pros and neither play nor more

-c

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    George Dunst (Tony is what he goes by but his real first name is George) has a few million dollars in tournament scores online. As for live poker his resume isn't that impressive.

I will give Tony credit for realizing he can be a personality in poker which he used to live up the Bond18 stuff to some degree playing poker tournaments in a suit whenever he went. This sounds silly to many and something I wouldn't do but it does draw attention to him in building an image someone like the WPT wants. I watched a few of his training videos back in the day and I believe he could still beat online mtt's. I'm surprised how harsh you are on him about everything else.

The movie definitely could have told background stories better. Danielle is a cash game player. They didn't say where she started out but she was regularly crushing up the lower high stakes NL I believe $10/20 and a bit higher before FTP closed. LOL @ her saying she had 95% of her networth locked up on FTP but the thing is so many people had way too much on these sites when this happened with Jungleman being the biggest example of why no poker site should be used as a bank account.

I thought the movie was okay because my expectations weren't really that high.

With a quick google search I found this article which tells more about Danielle start in poker then the movie covers:

http://www.gosugamers.net/poker/feat...rsen-interview
    Last edited by BeerAndPoker; 07-02-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Load Metric

Review

I am going to be tough but fair as I grade this film because I have seen it all. I don't know if anyone can walk in my boots. Some could , most can't , but I'm going to shoot from the hip.

He moved to Canada or whatever early in the movie. I know he said he took semesters off but why the **** did he end up in Canada as of when this ****ing movie was released. Like why did he just get to Canada and never go home. No family> Besides when u mentioned when he explained to his brother he was taking semester off or whatever. Why Canada wasd the place he ended up?

THIS GUY WAS THE ONLY guy that deserved a full feature in the film. He jumped in and seemed to play for while and maybe still does )if his band **** didn't work out)

2. Tony "****ing" Dunst

This is the best guy you guys could spotlight for this role? Now I give Dunst credit for getting on the WPT and if Black Friday didn't happen this was like hitting the Mega Millions for this guy IMO. Maybe I am wrong but I have never seen "Hi I am known as "Bond18 Online" do anything over the past 10 years.

Now I will be the first to admit I don't know Dunst "Online Poker" credentials. And maybe he has some but he can't be that ****ing good cause before Norman Chad was sucking his **** a few years back and after I have never heard of him doing ****.

I am not a NL player either but as a PRO player and others I have talked to we have no ****ing clue how Tony got where he is. In fact personally I was rooting for the WPT to fire him for ****ing up such an easy job.

This guy openly admitted it was hard to break "hard habits". Dunst I don't know what hard habits you have but you came off as the ultimate slacker. Granted you can talk, your good looking but for me as an Online Pro who cuts me teeth pretty much every day I wake up I look at You and almost hope the WPT gets cancelled so you can go and try and play poker for a living in the current climate which I would be willing to bet/guess you COULD NOT BEAT.

I personally judge cash players by their cash play and longevity. I don't know if u play these currently but I sure know u have been getting smoked all summer in MTTS. I respect you for your updates etc. every time u get smoked but every time it is I jammed this that and the other thing and lost. But just from memory you are 60-40 dog at best in most of these updates and I won't judge you buy them. If you play cash still and beat cash then I will be the first guy to stand up and say you are a champion.

But my read is you hopped on your boys coattails. You are good looking and got on WPT so you got picked for this film. I don't think you could beat online now. You may have been able to when party was spreading games. But right now you got where u are based on your looks and your talk. Which is fine, I don't even watch the WPT but when I saw one of your segs for the first time I said this is the best thing that has beeen ever on the WPT

Nothing against you but if u weren't good looking you would just be another guy. MAYBE your ambition would make up for being just another guy but IMO the only reason you have that ambition is because u have looks and can talk. SO you caught a break maybe? But one day you will be out of that ****ing pool house and will have to get back in the ocatagon. U will get crushed too.

I know this because as a pro online player myself and with many I know you don't stand a chance.

2 reasons

1. Your skill is lacking

2. If you ever have to play and "grind again" You will quit. You just don't have it.

3. The girl

As a viewer I still don't know if she was an MTT player or SNGO or Cash Player? You never sai

she just started low

her story was great

shes fit, seems somewhat intelligent, but she is semi delusional in some ways but not others

BUT they also got off on giving her just a "rakeback" deal. Oh and for the chick in the movie. How much did they give u?

You were never a ****ing FTP PRO so they just gave u extra which is great. HOW MUCH?

That's it. I thought it was kinda funny watching her chase sponsors but as I was watching I thought, she looks young, good shape but who the **** is she? Maybe NL guys can chime in but I have no ****ing clue who she was

So all in all

Girl? Why the **** does she travel to play live? **** play online like any sane "Online" poker player would

Dunst- Good luck I hope wpt goes forever so u can get by by being a good looking blonde kid. ON the other hand I hope they go bankrupt and I hope chewy sells his vegas place and I HOPE you are forced back into the ring cause I just don't think u can win

Tony I am not being harsh on you but since 2009 I have fought, scratched, clawed my way through limit hold em. I started HU, I took on anyone. The best wouldn't play me. The best that did play me got their throats ripped apart. Black Friday didn't stop me. I aggressively pursued a game that was dying in every conceivable way and still to the second there is not 1 man who squares up with me on a daily basis that can say he can't do it. I can't say for sure you can't but I hope before u get some inherithance u are forced to fight to live. I pray the WPT goes broke cause to me u are just a pompous dude who caught a break cause your good looking blonde and articulate

BUT

If krants and caby wanted to tell the story of online poker I don't think they would have chose you.

If anything Taylor, Why not pick yourself? You are a good lucking guy, smart, but your story isn't still involved with poker. You beat the soft games. Got rich off a training site and don't play anymore and prob would have a har time beating 2-5 live or 2-4 online

Krantz, saw you make a statement to someone saying "I cut my teeth" against better guys than you will ever play or something like that.

Truth is you and Taylor were smart. Made money in poker started your training site and got out tat the right time. You invested in a half as movie and maybe made your money back or a little extra but facts are it is good your guys got this story out. Should have put yourselves in the movie cause after all "You guys wanted to tell this story so bad"

Staarted Cardrunners and destroyed games for the true pros and neither play nor more

-c
    I think you missed the whole point of the selections. The three were chosen because they represented cross-sections of the poker world: Anderson is not only a female but a mother and wife whose husband is not a poker player. Dunst is the prototype of the freedom-seeking kid who is looking for a nonconventional life: Bradstreet is the ROW player whose life was only inconvenienced by UIGEA and Black Friday. All three were eloquent, open and honest, and represented an attainable place in the poker hierarchy. I think all three were good choices.

The casting wasn't about finding self-made millionaire poker pros (who no longer worry about money) it was about finding real people in poker who may not have it all, but are living their life on their terms, with ups and downs, highs and lows.

I'll have a full review of the film up in the coming days.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    George Dunst (Tony is what he goes by but his real first name is George) has a few million dollars in tournament scores online. As for live poker his resume isn't that impressive.

I will give Tony credit for realizing he can be a personality in poker which he used to live up the Bond18 stuff to some degree playing poker tournaments in a suit whenever he went. This sounds silly to many and something I wouldn't do but it does draw attention to him in building an image someone like the WPT wants. I watched a few of his training videos back in the day and I believe he could still beat online mtt's. I'm surprised how harsh you are on him about everything else.

The movie definitely could have told background stories better. Danielle is a cash game player. They didn't say where she started out but she was regularly crushing up the lower high stakes NL I believe $10/20 and a bit higher before FTP closed. LOL @ her saying she had 95% of her networth locked up on FTP but the thing is so many people had way too much on these sites when this happened with Jungleman being the biggest example of why no poker site should be used as a bank account.

I thought the movie was okay because my expectations weren't really that high.

With a quick google search I found this article which tells more about Danielle start in poker then the movie covers:

http://www.gosugamers.net/poker/feat...rsen-interview
    Ok, u are the first

If George has 3 million in scores what are his buyins?

Even if they are short I will still myself judge a player on cash games. Has he played them? Can he beat them? Has he ever beat them?

They never told us what Tony did. They never said how much he won. I do know since he got with the wpt he has bricked every thing in site

There are few players (very few) u will see still beating mtss in 10 years if they are now

Guys who beat them and quit like u suggest dunst did arent pros IMO. They are lucksacks. They made money and George would be one of the first to win and collect a profit and get out.

BUT he is trying to live up to the MMT WIZARD he is not. Maaybe he just plays them for fun but from what I see he just keeps going down

Less than 10 people will beat MTTS from 5 years past till 10 years forward unless they stop playing

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ok, u are the first

Even if they are short I will still myself judge a player on cash games. Has he played them? Can he beat them? Has he ever beat them?

They never told us what Tony did. They never said how much he won. I do know since he got with the wpt he has bricked every thing in site

There are few players (very few) u will see still beating mtss in 10 years if they are now

Guys who beat them and quit like u suggest dunst did arent pros IMO. They are lucksacks. They made money and George would be one of the first to win and collect a profit and get out.

BUT he is trying to live up to the MMT WIZARD he is not. Maaybe he just plays them for fun but from what I see he just keeps going down

Less than 10 people will beat MTTS from 5 years past till 10 years forward unless they stop playing
    Tournaments aren't all luck like you are making them sound. Their are certain skill sets that people need to have to repeatedly put themselves in the position to go deep. Of course their is heavy variance and you will need some run good but that is part of all forms of poker.

George Dunst actually wrote up a series of blogs years ago called "Things it took me a long time to learn" which was well respected in the MTT community. A lot of that shit is way out of date today but it was a great write up in it's time.

People could tell you limit holdem is a joke game as well compared to NL but fact is whether you win at mtts, limit, no limit, or fucking razz (dumbest game ever) then it shouldn't matter. Whether Tony can win or not anymore is certainly debatable but you can't just go off a small sample of live mtt's he's played over the past few years.

It's common knowledge only a few handful of people are going to make it long term playing strictly live MTTs which is why online is so much better being able to play several at once.

I don't even care much for Tony either but just saying he did some stuff right to get where he is and it wasn't all luck.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Ok, u are the first

Tournaments aren't all luck like you are making them sound. Their are certain skill sets that people need to have to repeatedly put themselves in the position to go deep. Of course their is heavy variance and you will need some run good but that is part of all forms of poker.

George Dunst actually wrote up a series of blogs years ago called "Things it took me a long time to learn" which was well respected in the MTT community. A lot of that shit is way out of date today but it was a great write up in it's time.

People could tell you limit holdem is a joke game as well compared to NL but fact is whether you win at mtts, limit, no limit, or fucking razz (dumbest game ever) then it shouldn't matter. Whether Tony can win or not anymore is certainly debatable but you can't just go off a small sample of live mtt's he's played over the past few years.

It's common knowledge only a few handful of people are going to make it long term playing strictly live MTTs which is why online is so much better being able to play several at once.

I don't even care much for Tony either but just saying he did some stuff right to get where he is and it wasn't all luck.
    Tournaments have skill and players have to run well but more or less I think more luck comes into play than skill because unless u are an online MTT player u will never get a big sample and even online guys wont get a HUGE sample vs just the "top " players in the top fields.

I hope they raise the high rollers to 500k just to watch a lot of the stiffs go broke. And I am not envious of them, I just like to watch the media suck off 5 new dudes every tear then we dont see them win OR they just leave the circuit.

Also how many NON SPONSORED GUYS pay every 10k and have a big ROI?

I agree it shouldnt matter what u win at. U can win at anything. I just think MTT "PROS" are HUGE lucksacks . Its wh os is the h0ttest now. When I started in 2009 5 years ago very very few remain mtt "pros" Mtts will continually have a higher rollover.
    |
    CASH as long as they run will have the truest best poker players

Im not going off on his mtts, I just never heard of him or his results till u mentioned them. I just don't think he will win. Thats my opinion. If he keeps playing MTTS and keeps FOUR BET JAMMING WITH a J and getting "unlukcky" he won't have an ROI + as time goes on

Comments

ftpjesus: [plain]Not gonna neg you because you made some valid points but honestly I think you just have some deep hatred for Dunst that goes beyond the whole WPT thing China. That much venom seems to be something much much deeper honestly. Vent, Let it out.[/

Banned
    Load Metric
    I finally watched the poker documentary 'Bet Raise Fold' and I was very disappointed.

As a film maker the first and most important thing you need to do is make sure you have a really great story to tell.
    And with a film structured such as this one you really needed 3 or 4 great stories based upon the main characters being followed.

You can do a good job with everything else-cinematic values etc., which they did more or less, but without the main emphasis on the story telling you can never hold a grip on your audience the way a great film maker succeeds at doing.

Basically, narrative style was one dimensional and monotonous.
    No one really ever had a conversation with anyone else.
    It was exclusively people talking to the cameras.

As for character development, it didn't really happen and it was sorely lacking.
    And the 2nd Act wasn't anywhere close to as powerful as it could have or should have been.

Other observations...

The Tony Dunst story was a complete waste of time.
    And I still can't believe he thought that the PUA segment could ever be a part of the film.

The film moved very slowly and dragged often.

And the sound track sounded cliche.

Overall it's a C- or worse.

Just disappointing.

Load Metric

Review

2. Tony "****ing" Dunst

2 reasons

1. Your skill is lacking

3. The girl

she just started low

her story was great

So all in all

BUT

-c
    I cant read all that, but tony Dunst is really good friends with some of the best cash game players in the world. Or at least they were a few years ago, so Im pretty sure hes decent at poker. I was always suprised after wacthing his mtt vids that he didnt have more sucess hes clearly really smart and spent alot of time playing and honing his game. I know he made some cash vids with neverscared B and by himself but I never got around to watching them

Anyways how can I watch this? Link anyone?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's up on the most famous streaming site on the internet searching for the most obvious three words and looking down a few results.

Thread Information