Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official WSOP 2013 Discussion/Rail Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I didn't see it but I noticed the internet kid Taylor Paur had a massive chiplead. That was probably the only way the other guy had any shot against Taylor so it pissed him off but depending on stack sizes it was probably the guys best strategy.
    against a kid that's mostly dependent on post flop action this is easily one of the best strategies.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    I didn't see it but I noticed the internet kid Taylor Paur had a massive chiplead. That was probably the only way the other guy had any shot against Taylor so it pissed him off but depending on stack sizes it was probably the guys best strategy.
    against a kid that's mostly dependent on post flop action this is easily one of the best strategies.
    the other guy actually took the chip lead after he doubled through on one hand (cant remember what the matchup was)...but then he kept shipping it in pre on every other hand, finally got called when he shoved with 63o and that was the beginning of his downfall...

i think its a tremendous strategy...im assuming this guy was an amateur and was going to be outclassed post-flop...it was the 100% right strategy, plus you could totally tell the internet kid was getting pissed off so the strategy was working to perfection...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

the other guy actually took the chip lead after he doubled through on one hand (cant remember what the matchup was)...but then he kept shipping it in pre on every other hand, finally got called when he shoved with 63o and that was the beginning of his downfall...

i think its a tremendous strategy...im assuming this guy was an amateur and was going to be outclassed post-flop...it was the 100% right strategy, plus you could totally tell the internet kid was getting pissed off so the strategy was working to perfection...
    Okay, I just went on pokernews to read about it. Blinds are 30k/60k and the this guy Roy Weiss has 3.3mil (55bbs) and Taylor Paur has 2.7 million (45bbs) so the effective stack is 45bbs. That is mega over kill to open ship that much but the guy clearly has no idea how to play heads up. This is after the double up that I'm saying he should adjust but before that when he's around 25-30bbs it's not all bad to ship.

The strategy is really gambling since a good player will adjust and eventually call it off with a decent hand but the reason the good tournament player hates it is the variance it causes since lets say he calls with AQ and the other guy has J9 then he's not in as dominate of a shape as he would like to be for a majority of the chips.

I know when I play a lot of HU sngs when I have something like a 2200-800 chip lead at 10/20 blinds nothing frustrates me more when villain just ships open ships 40bbs. It's really bad on their part since they do have a workable stack to come back but they don't feel like they do so it's part of the game I just have to adjust to and take the variance it comes with. If I surrender the chip lead slightly most of the time they go back to normal and hopefully the next time around when the money gets in good I win and they are down much lower then the 800 I mention in this example.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    no doubt that it is a totally gambling strategy, but what else are you going to do when you know you are the worse player? get chipped away slowly? have to play post-flop?

i mean lets be honest, its a super strategy for a lesser skilled player to use...its really his only defense...

you could see the pained expression on the kid's face when he had to call it off a couple of times with A-marginal hands...he knows the variance is going to be puke inducing and that's just what the other guy wanted...that was his way of chopping the kid down so that his all-ins effectively become less expensive...

if the guy would have tweaked his strategy to fold the 63o type hands i think he would have had an even more viable strategy to use against his opponent...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Better strategy would be for him to have a clue what HU is like before even playing in a WSOP event but many don't which is why their is a lot of dead money in these $1k and $1.5k events.

One thing he sort of can do is copy what his opponent is doing within reason.

I just don't like it when he doubles up and is now risking 45bbs effective on an open jam with rag ass cards but with like 25-30bbs it's great on these stack sizes to jam most hands (still folding a few junk ones) since your opponent will hate calling that much knowing if they lose they have lost the chiplead.

But if he's still going to keep up with it that keep then I agree he needs to fold out some trash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If your going to wear a patch at the WSOP why not wear the one this guy is? The story is actually kind of funny too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    We have a multiple bracelet winner in 2013.

Davidi Kitai just won his 2nd, after shipping the Pot Limit Holdem tournament.

Young Dan Kelly (I think he's 23) might be the best NL tournament player out there right now, finished 12th and cashed for the 5th time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's the winner interview with Taylor Paur where he talks about the guy going nuts all in every hand after the dinner break and felt he was disrespecting the game:

Druff -Davidi Kitai won his other bracelet back in 2008 and not this year.

Comments

thesidedish: hate this guy

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Better strategy would be for him to have a clue what HU is like before even playing in a WSOP event but many don't which is why their is a lot of dead money in these $1k and $1.5k events.

One thing he sort of can do is copy what his opponent is doing within reason.

I just don't like it when he doubles up and is now risking 45bbs effective on an open jam with rag ass cards but with like 25-30bbs it's great on these stack sizes to jam most hands (still folding a few junk ones) since your opponent will hate calling that much knowing if they lose they have lost the chiplead.

But if he's still going to keep up with it that keep then I agree he needs to fold out some trash.
    if youre an amateur what the hell are the odds that you are gonna make it to HU in one of these huge minefield events or have ever played much HUNHLE?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's the winner interview with Taylor Paur where he talks about the guy going nuts all in every hand after the dinner break and felt he was disrespecting the game:

LOL @ "disrespecting" poker. The beauty of poker is you can play any hand any way with any strategy. If you don't adjust then that's the way it goes

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Making fun of a douchebag rep.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

LOL @ "disrespecting" poker. The beauty of poker is you can play any hand any way with any strategy. If you don't adjust then that's the way it goes

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Former bracelet winner David Diaz was kicked out of the WSOP and all Harrah's properties:

https://twitter.com/david901diaz

david diaz ‏@david901diaz 16h
    Looks like I'm kicked out of all harrahs property's right before dinner break with a 100bb fml no main event this year.

Because I was so drunk and harassing ppl at carnival court the other night but I don't remember any of this fml

Not gonna lie I did cry a little getting kicked out of the rio and will cry more tonight fml

@gostatego3 @joshhillock @wsoptd @wsop I did get refunded my buy in but my chips were worth more than thebuy in so I guess it could be worst
    As for the $1k event yesterday I feel the same way. Poker is an adjustment game. If someone was playing exactly like you wanted to that would be a dream come true since you could beat them a majority of the time but that isn't the best strategy for them. When someone enters a tournament or sits down at a cash table they can play however they want. It might not be a great style long term for them to win but it's still their choice however they play.

Load Metric
    ship another to Canada - $1500 O8 to Calen McNeil

Comments

4BET: Canada sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Apparently this happened today at the WSOP. I won't quote all the tweets but most are here:

https://twitter.com/sowerss

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 3h
    Busto. I get n 99 on flop 978 3 hearts vs qq with qh. Before dealer deals turn he looks at me and says sorry guy bad beat.. He deals 6h

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 3h
    Oddest thing i saw all summer river qd n im just puzzled as to how he knew or if he even had a clue what was going on...

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 2h
    @RyanRiess1 @wsop @wsoptd have the name reported to jack effel please... Found it extraordinarly weird but shrugged it off..

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 2h
    @RyanRiess1 @bmifsud @wsop maybe hes just joking? But ive never seen a more serious look on a dealers face when he told me that

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 2h
    All i got was assurance theyd review the tapes and an apology. Ill give @WSOPTD benefit of the doubt await "video evidence"

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 1h
    @JustinBonomo @WSOPTD as am i... My only other recourse is possibly contacting gambling commission it seems..

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 1h
    @JustinBonomo I know that by this guys eyes he knew i was going to lose. I even said" u know im ahead right? On the flop.

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 1h
    @WSOPTD jack i drove back already... And left. Tell me its v important n ill be on my way

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 1h
    @wsop @WSOPTD handled situation best they could... Thx for all the help. Unfortunate dealer couldnt just admit the mistake once he knew.

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 1h
    Got refunded.

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 1h
    @scpokertrojans dealer fired.

Load Metric
    kinda off topic, but has anyone seen someone do this?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Apparently this happened today at the WSOP. I won't quote all the tweets but most are here:

https://twitter.com/sowerss

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 3h
    Busto. I get n 99 on flop 978 3 hearts vs qq with qh. Before dealer deals turn he looks at me and says sorry guy bad beat.. He deals 6h

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 3h
    Oddest thing i saw all summer river qd n im just puzzled as to how he knew or if he even had a clue what was going on...

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 2h
    @RyanRiess1 @wsop @wsoptd have the name reported to jack effel please... Found it extraordinarly weird but shrugged it off..

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 2h
    @RyanRiess1 @bmifsud @wsop maybe hes just joking? But ive never seen a more serious look on a dealers face when he told me that

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 2h
    All i got was assurance theyd review the tapes and an apology. Ill give @WSOPTD benefit of the doubt await "video evidence"

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 1h
    @JustinBonomo @WSOPTD as am i... My only other recourse is possibly contacting gambling commission it seems..

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 1h
    @JustinBonomo I know that by this guys eyes he knew i was going to lose. I even said" u know im ahead right? On the flop.

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 1h
    @WSOPTD jack i drove back already... And left. Tell me its v important n ill be on my way

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 1h
    @wsop @WSOPTD handled situation best they could... Thx for all the help. Unfortunate dealer couldnt just admit the mistake once he knew.

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 1h
    Got refunded.

mike sowers ‏@sowerss 1h
    @scpokertrojans dealer fired.
    so what happened?

Dealer stacked deck?

Dealer guessed?

Dealer peaked?

Load Metric
    Poker has been a game that has a rich history of murderers, cheats and other genuinely degenerate behavior. LOL at disrespecting the game.

I also find it amusing that this Taylor guy is the same guy that was the drunkest person on the rail at the final table I made a few years ago. He was there watching nick mitchell, who is a really nice guy and good player. He actually berated Dash Dudley (best name in poker) because when nick shoved with KJ Dash didn't instantly call with AQ. He seriously led the charge in yelling from the rail that he was slowrolling and that it was an awful play not to snapcall. I am not a fan of anyone belittling anyone else, also the fact this dude wasn't even at the table and screaming at the top of his lungs while double fisting cold ones seems a bit more out of line than shoving every hand.

I am just not a complainer and it seems poker players are some of the biggest complainers of all time. What ever happened to trying to be charismatic or engaging or trying to be friendly and keep the atmosphere fun. It seems every story I read someone is complaining about something and it really gets pathetic after a while.

Load Metric
    Name:  texDolly.JPG
Views: 469
Size:  64.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    so what happened?

Dealer stacked deck?

Dealer guessed?

Dealer peaked?
    What happened was a new dealer sat down with a new deck of cards and didn't shuffle so he knew what was coming out prior and then said to the table afterward he didn't shuffle,etc... That is nuts but apparently it was his way of getting fired.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    so what happened?

Dealer stacked deck?

Dealer guessed?

Dealer peaked?
    What happened was a new dealer sat down with a new deck of cards and didn't shuffle so he knew what was coming out prior and then said to the table afterward he didn't shuffle,etc... That is nuts but apparently it was his way of getting fired.
    wtf were the players doing letting the dealer deal without shuffling the cards?

Whole thing is weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Thread Information