Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Official WSOP 2013 Discussion/Rail Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just heard Bakers comments on the pause. CLEARLY he was taking a shot @ Druff in some way saying "we limit hold em players just play, none of this hollywood crap" but if it was his buddy from commerce who paused for a slight few seconds then he would have been the first to in there saying how great and how composed the kid is by not giving away anything. I know what he means as far as hands playing themselves because most do in LHE at the top levels but a 3 sec pause didn't warrant the comments he gave IMO.

Load Metric
    Just watched the thing now & agree this Baker fag had it in for Druff. But you know what tilted me even more was how Baker was always raving about that twink kid. Made it sound like he wanted to take the guy up to his room after the event was over. I mean yeah David we get it, you have friends from Commerce but try to at least pretend you arent in the booth just to suck off your buddies & bash the guy you dont like. Cant comment on the strategy part cuz I know little about limit but if anything druff acted the fastest at the table and to go off on him for stalling is weak.

Oh and druff good job. Yeah you didnt win and im sure u are disappointed but remember you made a final table at a really hard event & you barely played anything so far, & you know someone else who can only seem to cash at all american daves.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokehead View Post
    . Cant comment on the strategy part
    That's one thing I forgot in my post above. I watched for about an hr or 2 and thought Baker was very solid with breaking down the hands etc...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    crap tom schinder is 3rd in the 2-7 single draw event...

guy's a fucking machine...

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Druff FT a 5k limit and no freeroll?

Cmon druff throw some shekels up in dis bitch.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The only reason I care at all about this is because a lot of friends and family members were watching this and thinking "WTF?" Fortunately Baker was transparent as Saran Wrap, so people saw right through what he was doing, but when you have a lot of non-poker friends/family watching something like this and hearing mostly negative things about both me and my play, it's frustrating.

They justified this a few times by saying pros can take such criticism, but it came off as petty after a while.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Something people might or might not know is Jared Hamby who won the $1500 NL event today and was mentioned on radio tonight his girlfriend is Lizzy Harrison. I'm not sure how long they've been together but it's been a little while I believe.

Lizzy went deep in the Millionaire Maker this year too. I forget what place she got but it was somewhere in the Top 100 I believe.

Load Metric
    Hamby ran REALLY well in the HU portion.

With Q3o vs 910o, and a flop of Q 9 10, a few raises later, and a shove by Hamby. turn 2, river 2. Hamby would have been out, but ended up moving into the chip lead. A race at the end where he caught on the turn secured the win.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Something people might or might not know is Jared Hamby who won the $1500 NL event today and was mentioned on radio tonight his girlfriend is Lizzy Harrison. I'm not sure how long they've been together but it's been a little while I believe.

Lizzy went deep in the Millionaire Maker this year too. I forget what place she got but it was somewhere in the Top 100 I believe.
    Lizzy recently got divorced, too.

I don't think it was related to Jared.

*giggling*
    Load Metric

i would have divorced her too if i had to look at those disgusting breasts

Comments

nunbeater: stfu nerd

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffer View Post

So your saying you would marry Lizzy with her breasts like they are not up to your taste?

*giggling*
    Load Metric

So your saying you would marry Lizzy with her breasts like they are not up to your taste?
    english second language?

bad boob job, mankles, tiny disproportionate feet, masculine jawline, chipmunk cheeks, lifeless hair, repulsive knees

yeh, great wife material

Comments

smithbk: welcome back rep

RichardBrodiesCombover.: haven't you had a dick in your mouth before?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

english second language?

bad boob job, mankles, tiny disproportionate feet, masculine jawline, chipmunk cheeks, lifeless hair, repulsive knees

yeh, great wife material
    No, I'm leveling you and if you can't figure out what I meant then I'm not going to explain it to you except I will say go read your own post again.

Load Metric
    For those who can view WSOP events on ESPN site here is the archived link for the entire stream of the $5k Limit Holdem with Druff at the FT.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/971261/

I'm not sure how long they will keep this on the site but probably for a couple weeks or so since all the events from June 1st onward are still available to stream.
    I tried watching this but once i figured out they tell you how much your allowed to bet i couldnt take it anymore.

Load Metric
    David Bakes Baker (not the commentator) is at the FT of the 10k 2-7 which is his 4th final table of the Series.

He has 2 bracelets.

Banned
    Load Metric

Tough but fair.

You left out her pointy elbows.
    imo she's trying to hide them.

Load Metric
    Todd's out.

gg sir.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

I agree and I think Tuckman was picking up on the negativity and that's why he was seemingly coaching Baker into the direction of "constructive criticism".

I don't know if other people noticed it or not as well but I think Tuckman was doing a pretty good job at trying to do damage control on that situation. He was constantly defending Todd's pauses and other plays.
    I noticed that, too.

I first saw this come up in the hand where I had As2s against Ben Yu's AQ.

Flop came JcTc8c which was about as bad as possible for my hand. (Seriously, can you think of worse?)

So obviously there was nothing to think about, but does that mean I have to snap-fold and give away info about my holdings and range from that position?

No. I would be an idiot to do that, especially at a final table.

So I took a few seconds to act like I was thinking, and then threw it away.

If I stalled for 60 seconds with this fake decision, Baker would have a point. That's excessive, and it's just slowing down the game. However, taking 5-10 seconds occasionally for a "fake think" regarding a fold is not going to cause any significant delay in play.

The snide "classic Witteles" comment about this was both obnoxious and incorrect. I am not known for unreasonable stalling or slow play either live or online, so I don't know what was "classic" about this harmless move that wasted a whole 5 seconds.
    david ''old'' baker comes across as a douche with a chip on his shoulder, especially after ppl consistently congratulate him on his recent successes

''sorry, thats not me, thats the other baker''

one can tell from his recent interviews that he is somewhat irritated at being confused with the younger and more accomplished baker

btw jeff lissandro channeling tony soprano in the 2-7 draw lowball event

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    For those who can view WSOP events on ESPN site here is the archived link for the entire stream of the $5k Limit Holdem with Druff at the FT.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/971261/

I'm not sure how long they will keep this on the site but probably for a couple weeks or so since all the events from June 1st onward are still available to stream.
    I tried watching this but once i figured out they tell you how much your allowed to bet i couldnt take it anymore.
    That is why they call it limit.

Load Metric
    Do you think the tourneys right now will be a lot easier / less people in general?

$3k no limit ends today
    $1500 ante only goes until tomorrow
    $3000 PLO h/l goes until tomorrow
    $111,111 one drop started mid day today
    $2500 limit 6 handed starts 5pm today
    $1500 NL starts tomorrow
    $2500 10 game starts tomorrow

I would think a lot of the big boys are either deep in tourneys or playing the one drop? So tourneys like 2500 limit/1500 NL/2500 10 game would possibly be less filled with pros?

Thread Information