Thread: Turkish riots

Load Metric

Turkish riots

Thousands of people taking to the streets in protest against the islamist government. Spreading like wildfire across the whole country.

This could get really big. Maybe even on a similar scale to Egypt.

Very hard to stop once a movement as big as this starts, and one to keep an eye on for sure.

Also not sure how long that video will last on youtube before they take it down.

http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    OP, thanks for posting...this is a complex situation and i was surprised to learn the current leader in Turkey is funadmentalist oriented...

I've always understood Turkey to be a secular democracy in the isalamic world and generally a friend of the west,

but is seems the current leader has a funadamentalist agenda, favors supporting Syria and is repressing protests...

the current riots were sparked by police crackdown on protests about converting parkland to military use.

This riots boiling over into revolt seems dangerous...because when most revolts finish, i believe a repressive dictator is in power, and this case one that could be aligned with Iran/Syria
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Ever been in a Turkish prison?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I listened to CNN's interview of the commandant of the us army a couple of days ago. Very interesting regarding his perspective on world threats. One thing that he mentioned was that on his top concern list was the conflict in Syria. The factions involved may spill over into the whole region. He also mentioned that uprising/riots/protests can occur very fast because of today's social media and groups ability to network. This is what we may be witnessing in Turkey today.

Thread Information