Thread: Pokerstars implementing "King of the hill" to stop bum-hunting

Load Metric

Pokerstars implementing "King of the hill" to stop bum-hunting

Interesting it has taken this long though...

"In King of the Hill, PokerStars restricts the number of tables with just 1 player sitting. If someone wants to play/hold a table after the limit is reached they must sit at one of the tables already occupied. Players sitting at a table must play anyone that sits down or they will be booted from the table. So players currently occupying a table are “Kings” and they must defend their hill (Table) or they will be removed and the challenger will be the new “King”.

link to the article (do not know this source but here it is)

http://www.pokernewsreport.com/poker...l-policy-12522

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    What is this?

I don't go to that site, I am sure like many others, can you summarize what that link is please. Today is a big court day in the NJ court case with Pokerstars and came across that so put it here, surely there is a place for poker news outside of 2+2.

Or is everything just supposed to be on 2+2, many people despise that site!

*Do me a favor also, don't ever link in anything I post to that site. Your just trying to drive traffic there. Thanks I would appreciate that.
    Last edited by garrett; 05-17-2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: China remove that link please

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Technically, nobody was doing anything wrong in this bum hunting practice as it was allowed within Pokerstars rules to sit at a bunch of tables and execute this type of activity so it's just extremely frowned upon.

I love that Pokestars is trying to fix this for overall health of the games and I'd like to see them implement it for HU tables as well where certain players can't hog up several lobby's so nobody gets action.

Garrett- Did you even read that thread? It deals with a big example of why Pokerstars is implementing the system aka what you are posting about. Who cares if it's from 2+2 or not.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Technically, nobody was doing anything wrong in this bum hunting practice as it was allowed within Pokerstars rules to sit at a bunch of tables and execute this type of activity so it's just extremely frowned upon.

I love that Pokestars is trying to fix this for overall health of the games and I'd like to see them implement it for HU tables as well where certain players can't hog up several lobby's so nobody gets action.

Garrett- Did you even read that thread? It deals with a big example of why Pokerstars is implementing the system aka what you are posting about. Who cares if it's from 2+2 or not.
    No I didn't go to that link, I have an IP ban from that site. One of which i obviously have never tried to get around. I am very happy to have no access to that.

That is why I asked for a summary, I cant even open it. I find the site itself to be ridden with agenda and really question many of the mods intentions. That is not the purpose of this thread though, so sorry if I came off wrong I did send china a PM explaining that though.

I just truly know much of the dirty depths that exist at that site. A lot of this bum-hunting and the other crap, came from a well of players who congregate at that that site, and its high stakes community among others.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

No I didn't go to that link, I have an IP ban from that site. One of which i obviously have never tried to get around. I am very happy to have no access to that.

That is why I asked for a summary, I cant even open it. I find the site itself to be ridden with agenda and really question many of the mods intentions. That is not the purpose of this thread though, so sorry if I came off wrong I did send china a PM explaining that though.

I just truly know much of the dirty depths that exist at that site. A lot of this bum-hunting and the other crap, came from a well of players who congregate at that that site, and its high stakes community among others.
    So you rolled stakes on 2+2?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post

You just do not seem to get it through your thick BUBBLE head that I am not a thief. So far from that. It is obvious though you are doing whatever you can to project me in that light, and essentially try and hurt any EV I could potentially find. If thats what your end-game is, well played. You continue to portray me in this light, and that is why I am coming at you. Its in that thread where you PM'd me 2 months ago, when i found this site.

Regarding the 2+2 ban, I trolled, blew up the Girah thread, called mods out for being suspicious SGT RJ among them, they didn't like that, created a couple other accounts with same IP, but didn't try to hide the fact of who I was, as I went right back to the threads and continued to post, so after a few times, they banned me. For the record I never even got a single stake from that site. I think SrslySirius knows this form the QJ days, and actually is part of the reason he had such a distaste for me in the first place.

I have a very good friend who has won well over 6 figures many times over, and was stakes by George Lind III entire WSOP schedule, among others. Hes a big time player. WSOPc ring, won a WPT Borgata for 150k+ and we played together long before 2+2 etc. He has had a lot of success, since he was able to get such high profile backing via 2+2.

Seeing as I have said this over and over, that is not why I am here, I have not gone out of my way to prove you wrong. There is no point. Just know this BUBBLES, why I am here, is I love poker, to play poker, and enjoy the gossip and all of the happenings around it, especially the changing legislation end of it all. As I genuinely believe, people should be entitled to play this game here in the U.S like most other places in the world from the privacy of their own home.

You keep going there, and trying to fabricate some image of me that's honestly not true, but everyone is entitled to an opinion. I would caution you though BUBBLES, careful with this one!
    Last edited by garrett; 05-17-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: typos

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Let's keep the garrett discussion out of this thread (though I know he started it by overreacting to China posting a 2+2 link which was topical to the original post).

I actually agree with this move.

I always felt that a lobby full of single players sitting at empty tables looks terrible for the site and scares away fish. It's also just ugly and hard to navigate.

Good for Pokerstars on this one.

For the record, I don't even object to bumhunting, and in fact it has been a long and commonly accepted practice within the Limit Holdem community. When I started playing NL and acted like a bumhunter, everyone hated me (though nobody knew who I actually was), and I couldn't understand it. I came to realize that the NL community hates bumhunting for the most part, while it is common practice at limit. So I guess it's just what you're used to.

My opinion is that running games around fish is fine, and continuing to play for 5 minutes after the fish busts isn't really fooling anyone, especially given that the fish will see that the game only started in the first place because he sat. However, I do think that a huge lobby full of 50 players sitting alone looks awful, and makes fish not even want to bother to deposit or play.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    You just do not seem to get it through your thick BUBBLE head that I am not a thief. So far from that. It is obvious though you are doing whatever you can to project me in that light, and essentially try and hurt any EV I could potentially find. If thats what your end-game is, well played. You continue to portray me in this light, and that is why I am coming at you. Its in that thread where you PM'd me 2 months ago, when i found this site.

Regarding the 2+2 ban, I trolled, blew up the Girah thread, called mods out for being suspicious SGT RJ among them, they didn't like that, created a couple other accounts with same IP, but didn't try to hide the fact of who I was, as I went right back to the threads and continued to post, so after a few times, they banned me. For the record I never even got a single stake from that site. I think SrslySirius knows this form the QJ days, and actually is part of the reason he had such a distaste for me in the first place.

I have a very good friend who has won well over 6 figures many times over, and was stakes by George Lind III entire WSOP schedule, among others. Hes a big time player. WSOPc ring, won a WPT Borgata for 150k+ and we played together long before 2+2 etc. He has had a lot of success, since he was able to get such high profile backing via 2+2.

Seeing as I have said this over and over, that is not why I am here, I have not gone out of my way to prove you wrong. There is no point. Just know this BUBBLES, why I am here, is I love poker, to play poker, and enjoy the gossip and all of the happenings around it, especially the changing legislation end of it all. As I genuinely believe, people should be entitled to play this game here in the U.S like most other places in the world from the privacy of their own home.

You keep going there, and trying to fabricate some image of me that's honestly not true, but everyone is entitled to an opinion. I would caution you though BUBBLES, careful with this one!

Bum-hunting, all in the game yo

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What is this?

I don't go to that site, I am sure like many others, can you summarize what that link is please. Today is a big court day in the NJ court case with Pokerstars and came across that so put it here, surely there is a place for poker news outside of 2+2.

*Do me a favor also, don't ever link in anything I post to that site. Your just trying to drive traffic there. Thanks I would appreciate that.
    Actually this IS the story. The thread I linked is exactly why they made the changes they did which is why I posted the link. LOL @ me trying to drive traffic to 2+2

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

What is this?

Actually this IS the story. The thread I linked is exactly why they made the changes they did which is why I posted the link. LOL @ me trying to drive traffic to 2+2

lmfao, o.k at least I know we agree on that, for future reference. Again sorry about that...

Thread Information