Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What character did you like to be on Street Fighter 2?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

What character did you like to be on Street Fighter 2?

I preferred E. Honda.

He wasn't very agile, and made for a big target to hit, but I loved that rapid-swinging arm thing.

I did notice that the arm thing didn't work as well against human opponents as it did against the computer.

One time in 1992 I was playing Street Fighter 2 in an arcade, and this obnoxious guy around my age (20) showed up and pushed his way into the 2nd player controls. He didn't ask me. He just dropped his quarter in and started playing me, which of course meant I would have to quit if he won (or deposit more quarters to rematch him).

Well, I got off to a decent start, but he got wise really quickly to the rapid-arm E Honda move, and beat me 2 matches to 1. As I walked away from the game, he had the nerve to say, "Get some new moves, dude."

Gold
    Load Metric
    Arcades were the shit.

I was a blanka kinda guy

Banned
    Load Metric
    In general, I found that "campers" that used Chun-Li, E-Honda and Blanka got crushed by ranged attacks. Simply keep your distance, throw fireballs at them, and force them to come to you. Making people abandon their gameplan works in a lot of things, SF2 being no exception.

Of course, this only applies to casual players. There are sickos that have analyzed Street Fighter to death and can tell you how many 60ths of a second each attack takes. With those advanced guys games often play like a leveling war. Or so I hear.

I liked Guile. He had both camping and range-spam in his arsenal.

Load Metric
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I had the opposite experience as druff. No I went through 2 random kids before someone could beat my hundred hand slap. I personally was always a ryu fan because who doesn't like fireballs but found that people had a hard time dealing with the hundred hand slap especially when you get them against the wall.

Load Metric
    king

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    In general, I found that "campers" that used Chun-Li, E-Honda and Blanka got crushed by ranged attacks. Simply keep your distance, throw fireballs at them, and force them to come to you. Making people abandon their gameplan works in a lot of things, SF2 being no exception.

Of course, this only applies to casual players. There are sickos that have analyzed Street Fighter to death and can tell you how many 60ths of a second each attack takes. With those advanced guys games often play like a leveling war. Or so I hear.

I liked Guile. He had both camping and range-spam in his arsenal.
    Closing in on Guile with Chun Li was always hard, but it could be done.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    Such a bitch move.

I usually went with Guile or Ken. I remember being really bad at this game when I was young.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ryu,Ken then Blanca

Oh and I crush everyone

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Ryu,Ken then Blanca

Oh and I crush everyone
    Sounds like a Vegas tournament is in order.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ryu,Ken then Blanca

Oh and I crush everyone
    I'm in, I specialize on Super Nintendo but arcade is fine

I have searched high and low through many arcades over the past 3 years and cannot find streetfighter. Even funspot in Laconia which I believe is the biggest arcade in the world has 0 street fighters

Load Metric
    Ground Kontrol is Portland has Street Fighter 2, but havent played it in few years
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Banned
    Load Metric

I'm in, I specialize on Super Nintendo but arcade is fine

I have searched high and low through many arcades over the past 3 years and cannot find streetfighter. Even funspot in Laconia which I believe is the biggest arcade in the world has 0 street fighters
    My understanding is there's at least 2 bar arcades in Vegas and both have Street Fighter 2. I haven't been, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Blanca looks the most impressive as an opponent.

When I would play the game all the way through, he would absolutely own me as E. Honda, and I would have to play him like 10 times to finally win.

I could smoke the rest of the computer guys on the first or second try, including M. Bison, who is supposed to be the best but actually is fairly easy to beat.

Blanca really does have a lot of moves, including that electricity thing and the highly frustrating bite move.

Did you guys ever notice the background of Balrog being old school downtown Las Vegas? And the funniest part was the fact that they were afraid to mention "gambling" in the game, so the Golden Nugget sign shows it as a "NIN-NIN HALL" instead of "GAMBLING HALL". Gotta love those Japanese.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Blanca looks the most impressive as an opponent.

When I would play the game all the way through, he would absolutely own me as E. Honda, and I would have to play him like 10 times to finally win.

I could smoke the rest of the computer guys on the first or second try, including M. Bison, who is supposed to be the best but actually is fairly easy to beat.

Blanca really does have a lot of moves, including that electricity thing and the highly frustrating bite move.

Did you guys ever notice the background of Balrog being old school downtown Las Vegas? And the funniest part was the fact that they were afraid to mention "gambling" in the game, so the Golden Nugget sign shows it as a "NIN-NIN HALL" instead of "GAMBLING HALL". Gotta love those Japanese.

Cubic Zirconia donk_tilt7.0Alpha's Avatar
    Load Metric

pretty boy swag

Load Metric
    I use Ken because he has that wide ass dragon punch. I have always been able to hold my own and I went on a few 3 hour heaters where I couldn't be beat but we had an upper echelon of players that were just fucking geniuses at video games and they pretty much crushed everyone. They would take like Dhalsim and still fucking win. When they were playing I was pretty much a one pump chump like everyone, I won a few times here and there and that was it.

Thread Information