Page 82 of 418 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 8358

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    I think the audience was stunned silent.

Load Metric
    Did you guys know that Expedia accepts Bitcoin as payment?

https://www.expedia.com/expressCheck...rr=placeHolder

Comments

sonatine: lol wow
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    A Man Named ‘Bitcoin Jesus’ Would Like to Sell You a Passport
    by Evan McMurry | 11:17 am, June 16th, 2014

Want your own island residence, free of nasty little things like laws and taxes, and a passport that will get let you come and go?

Talk to Roger Ver, dba Bitcoin Jesus, an ex-convict millionaire “libertarian” who’s offering a chance to start over, provided you’ve got the $400,000 in Bitcoin to swing it.

Ver is the founder of Passports for Bitcoin.com, which allows access to the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis, two islands off the Florida coast. Since 1984 the Federation has offered a citizenship-for-investment swap, and the tiny country’s tight disclosure laws and lack of taxes make it an attractive place if you want to safeguard your money (the U.S. Treasury Department, natch, considers it a conduit for financial crimes).

Bitcoin, meanwhile, has become an escape hatch for those who can’t move cash out of the country, one of the reasons the currency has taken off in China. Ver angles to combine the two, letting interested investors slip their money and their citizenship outside their borders.

As for Bitcoin Jesus, he was sentenced to ten months in prison after selling a product marked as pest control, which the government said was actually explosives, on EBay. He moved to Tokyo after being released, invested early in Bitcoin, and became known as Bitcoin Jesus thanks to his hearty evangelism for the currency.

Rumors that shit at the Federation won’t get real until JuggaloCoin is included went unconfirmed at press time.

[h/t Bloomberg]

http://www.mediaite.com/online/a-man...ou-a-passport/
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...-paradise.html

'Bitcoin Jesus' Calls Rich to Tax-Free Tropical Paradise

So if you buy property in St. Kitts for $400K or give a non-refundable $250K donation to the country, you can obtain a passport that allows you to evade taxes and visa-free travel to 120 countries.

Dan Bilzerian's father, Paul Bilzerian moved to St. Kitts after long battles with the SEC and two stints in prison for securities fraud and conspiracy to defraud the government of millions.

He and Bitcoin Jesus started http://www.passportsforbitcoin.com in April.

Dan Bilzerian also has one of these passports.

How long before Micon renounces his U.S. citizenship and moves to St. Kitts?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've been to St. Kitts. Actually had my biggest NL tournament win there ($87k) in 2005.

I remember when I was there, I heard about that whole thing where you could get citizenship there for either investing in the country or paying $250k.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

Comments

smithbk: Surprised it took so long

Load Metric
    i recently saw an infographic on countries where you can effectively buy citizenship, there are quite a few actually in the upper 5digit to low 6 digit USD price range.

not entirely surprising; a good percentage of them are going to be underwater soon. genuinely curious to see how that gets dealt with on the international stage; being a citizen of a country that got swallowed by the ocean.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i recently saw an infographic on countries where you can effectively buy citizenship, there are quite a few actually in the upper 5digit to low 6 digit USD price range.

not entirely surprising; a good percentage of them are going to be underwater soon. genuinely curious to see how that gets dealt with on the international stage; being a citizen of a country that got swallowed by the ocean.
    I know Dubai will expedite you a shiny new passport if you have skills or some cake to fill their banks with. Amazed on your Pacific tour that no shady gov types didn't flat out offer you some kind of deal to stay indefinitely.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I've been to St. Kitts. Actually had my biggest NL tournament win there ($87k) in 2005.

I remember when I was there, I heard about that whole thing where you could get citizenship there for either investing in the country or paying $250k.

oddly enough you can do the same thing in the US, invest $500k in a business that employees 10 or more people and that green card is yours.

Load Metric
    What the fuck...

"If you've previously paid for goods with Bitcoin or other digital currency in California, you're technically a criminal -- the state has long had a law requiring US dollars, even if it hasn't been enforced. As of this weekend, though, you're officially in the clear. Governor Jerry Brown has signed a bill that legitimizes payments with Bitcoin, other forms of virtual money, community currencies and reward systems like coupons and points. As state assembly member Roger Dickinson explained when fighting for the measure, modern commerce has "expanded" beyond cash and credit; to him, it only makes sense that the law keeps up with the times.

This isn't the same as federal approval, so you won't be paying taxes with cryptocurrency in the near future. All the same, it's a rare instance of explicit approval for digital cash in the US; normally, it exists in a gray area. There's no certainty that California's move will get the feds (or anyone else) to change their minds, but it at least means that you can feel guilt-free when shopping with virtual money in the Golden State."

...uhhhhh... given that there is a non-zero chance that california is literally going to split into 4 states, this is a strange direction to be moving in.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    What the fuck...

"If you've previously paid for goods with Bitcoin or other digital currency in California, you're technically a criminal -- the state has long had a law requiring US dollars, even if it hasn't been enforced. As of this weekend, though, you're officially in the clear. Governor Jerry Brown has signed a bill that legitimizes payments with Bitcoin, other forms of virtual money, community currencies and reward systems like coupons and points. As state assembly member Roger Dickinson explained when fighting for the measure, modern commerce has "expanded" beyond cash and credit; to him, it only makes sense that the law keeps up with the times.

This isn't the same as federal approval, so you won't be paying taxes with cryptocurrency in the near future. All the same, it's a rare instance of explicit approval for digital cash in the US; normally, it exists in a gray area. There's no certainty that California's move will get the feds (or anyone else) to change their minds, but it at least means that you can feel guilt-free when shopping with virtual money in the Golden State."

...uhhhhh... given that there is a non-zero chance that california is literally going to split into 4 states, this is a strange direction to be moving in.

But if the Fed had stated that the IRS sees Bitcoin as property and not currency, could the argument not be made that the Bitcoin user was in fact engaging in Barter and not a purchase?

Load Metric
    Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it 4dragons; that does not make sense.

Load Metric
    Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it 4dragons; that does not make sense.
    You're right, it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    What does this have to do with throwing money changers out of the temple?

Load Metric
    Whats the best way to withdraw btc from a wallet if you dont want it associated with your info? Like your bank acct?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Whats the best way to withdraw btc from a wallet if you dont want it associated with your info? Like your bank acct?
    The way the drug barons do it is they go to a cash-for-trade site, set a physical meet, and transfer the coins for cash on the spot.

If that seems sketchy, its because it is, but Ive actually never heard of it going badly.

Option B might be using a BTC ATM maybe?

Load Metric
    Get a prepaid debit card.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post

Not being snide; how does one withdraw to a pre-paid credit card? Does that actually work?

Load Metric

Not being snide; how does one withdraw to a pre-paid credit card? Does that actually work?
    Link your pre paid card to your BTC wallet. I use Netspend and Bluebird.

Load Metric

Link your pre paid card to your BTC wallet. I use Netspend and Bluebird.
    fucking a, thats solid.

Load Metric
    sanlmar, i have 5btc's on SwC

what's my play?

Thread Information