Page 7 of 418 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-currency.html

Meant to mention this. Pub in London started accepting Bitcoins as payment.

Got plenty of TV news coverage. Pub owner saying easy to use and will save him money etc.

Was solid positive coverage that will no doubt plant a few seeds with lots of small UK business owners.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Meant to mention this. Pub in London started accepting Bitcoins as payment.

Got plenty of TV news coverage. Pub owner saying easy to use and will save him money etc.

Was solid positive coverage that will no doubt plant a few seeds with lots of small UK business owners.
    I didn't realize that was a big deal. The German restaurant (Berlin Cafe) where the Vegas Bitcoin Club meets accepts bitcoins.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    Legitimacy
    You are the literal opposite of a loyal human being and have no shame whatsoever. Live your life with some fucking dignity for a change, have some self respect. Be a fucking man and tough out the dry spells with the rest of your friends sonatine.

You have some nerve druff, I distinctly remember you telling me you would never implement a rep system similar to skatz because "pfa and skatz are not in direct competition." What a load of horse shit.
    PFA and Skatz are not in any kind of competition -- direct or otherwise.

Skatz is a small niche group of mostly friends from the old NWP days, and they aren't trying to appeal to or attract a mass audience. It's also not at all about poker, despite the name of its URL.

PFA is more of a mainstream site that is about the poker and gambling world, with a focus on the scams/scandals aspect of it. It also has a large contingent of former NWP users, but it's meant for more of a general audience.

The rep system was not an invention of Skatz. It wasn't even an invention of Boris. It's a built-in vBulletin feature. Someone (not related to these NWP/Boris/DD/PFA/Skatz forums) came up with idea to embed positive and negative rep into posts, and the Boris owner (I think neverstop) implemented that mod. It was very popular on Boris, and while I saw its appeal, I had mixed feelings about it.

When PFA came up, I decided not to implement reputation because I didn't want the site to turn into a silly war of red-repping and green-repping, as Boris did. However, after about a year passed, and I realized that our active users were less likely to get into that sort of nonsense, I decided to take a poll about adding reputation, and the "yes" vote overwhelmingly won out.

The only thing left to do was actually implement it, since the ready-made mod that Boris/skatz implemented was not available for vBulletin 4, which is what I'm running here. I had to figure out how they did the embedded reputation mod on vBulletin 3, and then write my own version of the mod for vBulletin 4, which is what I did.

From what I can tell, almost everyone enjoys the reputation feature here, and it hasn't been abused.

Load Metric
    skatz & pfa strategic alliance coming soon

Comments

anonamoose: no

Load Metric
    BUCKLE UP PEOPLE

Load Metric

Gold
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    finally a way to short bitcoins??

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise...lvoss-bitcoin/

Nice work by these two idiots who won 60 mill or so from Facebook. Can you say broke in less than 5 yrs?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    finally a way to short bitcoins??

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise...lvoss-bitcoin/

Nice work by these two idiots who won 60 mill or so from Facebook. Can you say broke in less than 5 yrs?
    No. They're smart dudes with diverse business interests. And the point of going public is to get other people to give you their money. They will get richer, maybe not from this though.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bitcoin has slipped to $90 after holding steady from $105-$115 for a long time.

I wonder if this is the start of a second crash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Good catch.

Price analysis
    $100 was important support on the 3 month chart. $100 is now resistance. $80 is the next test. Breaks $80 and it should be in free fall.

I wouldn't touch that chart.

Volume analysis
    So thinly traded normal accumulation / distribution really isn't valid. I am sure you heard it said but it looks like someone could push this price around - up or down.

I really haven't wrapped my head around the whole "mining concept". But this doesn't look healthy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Good catch.

Price analysis
    $100 was important support on the 3 month chart. $100 is now resistance. $80 is the next test. Breaks $80 and it should be in free fall.

Volume analysis
    So thinly traded normal accumulation / distribution really isn't valid. I am sure you heard it said but it looks like someone could push this price around - up or down.

I really haven't wrapped my head around the whole "mining concept". But this doesn't look healthy.

Lol at "analyzing" extremely volatile markets.

BTC has gone below and back up 100 20+ times in the last 2 months. It will be back at 120 again in a week and then back down to 70 and then back up to 120 and then back down to 70. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Good catch.

Price analysis

Volume analysis

BTC has gone below and back up 100 20+ times in the last 2 months. It will be back at 120 again in a week and then back down to 70 and then back up to 120 and then back down to 70. Nothing to see here folks, move along.
    This is analysis as well, noting that it will soon be time to buy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

There's no trend about it. A trend is predictable, this is different. It happens randomly when a big investor or mining pool decides to dump earnings and buy back low.

You can't just say "well tomorrow it should go back up to 110 because BBC said BTC is the future", because then buy volume builds the price goes up and someone with 40k BTC decides "ok I'm alright with this amount" and sells off to all the buy orders which are always highly concentrated near the buy/sell price and then diminish as you go down. He can easily dump the price down to 90 dollars and then buy back in.

Tactics utilized in bitcoin markets are illegal in normal markets, and that's why BTC can be extremely unpredictably volatile. It comes down to are you lucky enough to sell at the right time and buy back at the right time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I haven't been following much but I see they are down to around $90 atm. They will never return to the $250 or whatever they once were imo.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    ''The Winklevoss twins, Cameron and Tyler, immortalized in The Social Network as the Winklevii, are back in the news. Seeking to cash in on the craze for Bitcoin, the alternative digital currency, they announced Monday their intent to sell shares to the public in the Winklevoss Bitcoin Trust''

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...in-gambit.html

Comments

simpdog: sorry boss already posted this above.

Load Metric

There's no trend about it. A trend is predictable, this is different. It happens randomly when a big investor or mining pool decides to dump earnings and buy back low.

You can't just say "well tomorrow it should go back up to 110 because BBC said BTC is the future", because then buy volume builds the price goes up and someone with 40k BTC decides "ok I'm alright with this amount" and sells off to all the buy orders which are always highly concentrated near the buy/sell price and then diminish as you go down. He can easily dump the price down to 90 dollars and then buy back in.

Tactics utilized in bitcoin markets are illegal in normal markets, and that's why BTC can be extremely unpredictably volatile. It comes down to are you lucky enough to sell at the right time and buy back at the right time.

My take on the price chart was simply standard chart reading. Normally, that is what to expect price wise.

I think we agree basically.

This commodity is so thinly traded. There really isn't a lot of trading. Only takes one or two big & maybe manipulated trades to push the price around. Thinly traded stocks are always volatile and some day traders focus on them just for the action they provide. "If its moving bet on it."

You're right. In some markets this would be illegal. Your balls are in somebody else's hands.

Move along.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    skatz & pfa strategic alliance coming soon

Name:  lJmSTKR.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  66.3 KB

Comments

tony bagadonuts: HOF

Load Metric
    Been watching market all day. Very entertaining. Was especially funny to see someone pull their market order of 5k at 80 (happened ten mins ago and people starting to freak out).

Also interesting that volume of trading still nowhere near April. Not going to be pretty when people cash out...

Load Metric

Since when are trends predictable? If they were trading would be easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Thread Information