Page 53 of 418 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 8350

Thread: Bitcoins are officially donkdown

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

Post pics

i sold one of the vid cards.
    Nice Honeywell fan. Have the same one in white. Used to use it to help cool my old laptop.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: ya you probably have some piece of shit computer

nunbeater: offset negbitch von strucker
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Isn't this thing going to overheat in the closet?

Or do you leave the door open?

Comments

Muck Ficon: He has a fan aimed down on it lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also funny how BTC are trading for $372 on Mt Gox right now, yet somehow all the other markets are delusional enough to still trade it at $630.

No way I would buy any coins right now, until we see what happens with Gox (or the prices come closer together).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Isn't this thing going to overheat in the closet?

Or do you leave the door open?

When I had the two cards installed, cooling was a much bigger issue. So I had a fan pointing down and fan on the floor as well as a window cracked behind it. With the one card installed now, I have one fan on top pointing down to keep the ambient air refreshed and so far its working out swimmingly.

I dont know what Im going to do in summer but honestly with difficulty rising, who knows if its going to beat the electrical charges by then.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

i sold one of the vid cards.
    Nice Honeywell fan. Have the same one in white. Used to use it to help cool my old laptop.
    ill bet you had to run a electric cord from your grandmas trailer cause you couldn't pay your electric bill.

fucking hillbilly. get a job, stop being a burden on society
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Bitcoin proponents are hopeful the difference between bitcoins and a gift card is that merchants adopt reward systems for using bitcoins.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also funny how BTC are trading for $372 on Mt Gox right now, yet somehow all the other markets are delusional enough to still trade it at $630.

No way I would buy any coins right now, until we see what happens with Gox (or the prices come closer together).
    They're a doomed company. A lame analogy is that you also wouldn't try to take advantage of lock poker's 200% deposit bonus.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Are you invested in bitcoins sonatine?
    I tried to purchase about half a bitcoin some months ago in the interests of day trading these swings but between the %30 transaction fees just to get the fucking money to an exchange and the 3% per trade, I finally just said fuck it and let it ride on LTC and dogecoins, which I continue to mine.

I consider none of it a viable long term strat and simply hope to get lucky and get out a house or two richer at some point and get out.
    Pretty much been doing the same, have been mining Dogecoins about 60%-70% of the time as they're simply the most profitable... or were anyway till a couple of days ago.

What I've been doing is selling the Dogecoions as soon as I mine them and divesting into other coins that are not so profitable to mine, and selling these when the price peaks. Have just switched over to mining Coino for the time being.

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency is a good site to figure what's the best to mine.

I was thinking about building an open milk-crate rig with 6 x R9 290's but not so sure I will now.

My gaming/mining rig.

Name:  rig.JPG
Views: 564
Size:  92.9 KB

Name:  rig2.JPG
Views: 586
Size:  155.2 KB

Comments

rum dick: so shiny rep

Load Metric
    ^wow
    such amaze
    I wish I had one of those

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Bitcoins are not dependant on mt gox for their long term survival, not in the least bit. Every time things go wrong with Gox, people say that its over for bitcoins. It wasn't true before, and it isn't true now. In fact, it has barely even affected the price of btc in the last 2 days.
    A Crowe Diddly post from page 1

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    What I've been doing is selling the Dogecoions as soon as I mine them and divesting into other coins that are not so profitable to mine, and selling these when the price peaks. Have just switched over to mining Coino for the time being.

I think this is a really sophisticated approach.

Im taking a longer term approach to dogecoin investment based entirely on their intrinsic capacity for attention whoring.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Sonatine and salty:

How much money are you making through mining per month? As I understood mining pools had sucked dry profitability from the average person.

Also, how significant are the dangers of from putting a nice gaming rig like that through mining? Will it significantly shorten its life?

Load Metric
    You're running your video card at like 80-90% capacity 24/7. And my video card costs 4x the rest of the rig components added together. So there is a pretty solid expectation that its going to die much, much faster than normal.

I wouldnt advise mining anything right now honestly, for all the reasons I listed earlier in this thread. I jumped in on Dogecoin because Doge is Love but with a $750 card your profit comes to about $50 a month right now. Or a loss if BTC drags down the other currencies.

Comments

BetCheckBet: ty

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Sonatine and salty:

How much money are you making through mining per month? As I understood mining pools had sucked dry profitability from the average person.

Also, how significant are the dangers of from putting a nice gaming rig like that through mining? Will it significantly shorten its life?
    GPU fans are running at 80% and I've under-clocked the power to both cards to save electricity and keep the heat down. Memory is over-clocked to 6000 and core is 1060 (standard is 5800 @ 1000)
    Hashing @ 1.45MHS combined which is not the max, can get 1.55mhs with more power and higher speeds, but don't want to push the limit and create too much heat and waste power.
    It's stinking hot here at the moment (today was 100F) but heat doesn't appear to be an issue as my case is really well ventilated, but still it's probably shortening the life of the GPU's to some extent. Heat is what kills them I reckon.

Currently making about $350-$400AUD per month just from mining, but I've been buying and selling coins and have been getting lucky. For example I accumulated a stack of Netcoins and got lucky netting about $2,000 last month. (could have been nearly $4,000 but the price dropped and I held them too long expecting/hoping the price would bounce back)
    It varies, this last week the price has been shit, the two weeks before simply mining Dogecoins was making me $200AUD per week gross.
    Mining pools are fine, I try and stick to those that only charge 1% fees and swap pools whenever other coins are more profitable. You really must mine in a pool less you have a really powerful mining rig to mine solo.

Load Metric
    You're running your video card at like 80-90% capacity 24/7. And my video card costs 4x the rest of the rig components added together. So there is a pretty solid expectation that its going to die much, much faster than normal.

I wouldnt advise mining anything right now honestly, for all the reasons I listed earlier in this thread. I jumped in on Dogecoin because Doge is Love but with a $750 card your profit comes to about $50 a month right now. Or a loss if BTC drags down the other currencies.
    Only $50 per month?
    The last week has been terrible for mining Dogecoins, but even with the really shitty return at the moment I can make $300AUD+ gross per month mining Dogecoins.

Load Metric
    sorry, did you just say youre averaging 1.45mhz on a 290x gpu?

Load Metric
    sorry, did you just say youre averaging 1.45mhz on a 290x gpu?
    Nope. dual 7970's @ just over 700KHS for each one.

Load Metric
    700mhz = about $115 a month.

- 45 a month to cover electrical costs, $70 a month.

I average about 600mhz in terms of real world average pool contributions on a 290x card, so yeah. $50-$60 a month.

Load Metric
    I could probably spend significant effort adjusting clock speeds and finding a different pool and up my output maybe 15% but I am not a gay.

Load Metric
    Quit nerding up this thread guys.

Comments

sonatine: NAAAAAILED US

Load Metric
    700mhz = about $115 a month.

- 45 a month to cover electrical costs, $70 a month.

I average about 600mhz in terms of real world average pool contributions on a 290x card, so yeah. $50-$60 a month.
    I tweaked my friends R9 290x last week and got it going @960KHS, I can get a R9 290 going at 880KHS.

At the current shitty rate for Dogecoins @ 1.45MHS I make $11AUD per day gross, last week I was averaging about $23AUD per day.

Here's the current daily USD estimate @ 1.45KHS from coinwarz.com. (just over $11AUD per day)
    Name:  dgc.JPG
Views: 278
Size:  31.8 KB

I'm drawing under 300 watts per card.

30 x $11 is $330 per month gross.

You can do way better then 600KHS with an R9 290x (900KHS should be minimum)

Thread Information